lynn&al

Tax records required?

16 posts in this topic

Hi, i have my interview in London on May 5th 2006, i was just reading another thread about tax returns and would like a quick confirmation on a question that wasnt fully answered, and is worrying me.

here goes,

are copies of tax returns required from my fiance (the petitioner) for the interview if you are not self employed?

My fiance is sending me a letter from her bank aswell as a letter from her employer with the affidavit of support, is this sufficient?

thanks in advance.

alastair

:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi, i have my interview in London on May 5th 2006, i was just reading another thread about tax returns and would like a quick confirmation on a question that wasnt fully answered, and is worrying me.

here goes,

are copies of tax returns required from my fiance (the petitioner) for the interview if you are not self employed?

My fiance is sending me a letter from her bank aswell as a letter from her employer with the affidavit of support, is this sufficient?

thanks in advance.

alastair

My Fiancee just did an interview on April 19th,did good but was told I need to provide 1722 information

for tax year 2005.Working on that now,delays delays delays.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

here goes,

thanks in advance.

alastair

Here is what it states on the I-134 form:

A. Statement from an officer of the bank or other financial institution where you have deposits, giving the following details regarding your account:

1. Date account opened;

2. Total amount deposited for the past year;

3. Present balance.

B. Statement of your employer on business stationery, showing:

1. Date and nature of employment;

2. Salary paid;

3. Whether the position is temporary or permanent.

C. If self-employed:

1. Copy of last income tax return filed; or

2. Report of commercial rating concern.

D. List containing serial numbers and denominations of

bonds and name of record owner(s).

So it states that only the last income tax return is required, and then only if self-employed.

That said, we are including tax transcripts for the previous three years, for "just in case" insurance. You never know what they are going to ask for - they don't always follow the rules or requirements as stated in their own documentation. It can't hurt to show that the petitioner meets the poverty requirements, and has done so for several years.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

When in doubt, provide the info. I provided the tax records for my wife at that time, but she said they didn't "really look at them". I, however, would submit them because then at least you have them on file for the AOS later, and it also closes a potential disqualifier for the Bureaucracy...Good luck! :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Its not what the I134 says but what the consulate requires - my fiancee's consulate required 3 years tax returns - SO I sent them! Its not that expensive to make copies - about 35 pages times 5 cents $1.75 Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

I had to give Claudeth 3 years of tax returns for her interview and they did take the copies we made for them!

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

London only wants tax returns for self-employed. All you need is the letter from your employer and the letter from your bank.

Good Luck

Adele

> Texas have received out application and cashed the cheque!

We got our NOA1 as at 26 Oct 2005!

Sent to CSC 26 Oct 2005

NOA2 26 Jan 2006

Sent to Embassy 9 Feb 2006

Embassy sent pk3 21 feb 2006

Recd and return pk3 27 feb

Medical 8 March

recd pk4 11 April

Interview 10 May

Visa Approved 10 May

Visa Received 13 May

Fly to Memphis 21 june

Married 1 September

AOS NOA1 23 Jan 2007

Case transferred to Missourri

Case transferred back to CSC feb 01

Card in the mail March 05

Case approved March 005

Welcome to America Letters received March 08

Filed for lifting of conditions - received in Vermont Jan 20 2009

I-797C NOA received Jan 26 2009

Visit My Website

A Joy unshared is like and unlighted candle

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Our case was much more difficult... I sent the copies of my last three years tax returns to the interview with my fiance.. For some reason they requested them again. I resent. Then the embassy requested that I have the IRS send transcripts of the last three years tax returns sent "directly too the embassy". This was so difficult to do as the IRS refuses to send to anyone but the actual tax filer. After a month and half of going back and forth between the embassy and the IRS, they (IRS) finally agreed to send them to the DOS in care of me! And then there was a delay in the DOS sending them on to the embassy. All in all a pain in the *** just for them to get a copy of what my fiance took to the interview with him in the first place! Sometimes I think they just try to make it as difficult as possible for us just for the heck of it.

Good Luck to All

Vicki/Bala

10/2002 Met in yahoo chat

10/2004 Romance blossoms

04/2005 Went to india, spent two wonderful weeks together

06/11/05 Sent petition

06/22/05 1st NOA received

09/12/05 2nd NOA received

11/15/05 Interview: request for additional information from me.

11/30/05 Got notice that we were Placed on Administrative Processing

03/04/06 Going to visit with my boo!

04/08/06 Back home (sigh) back to waiting again.

06/15/06 7 months on AP (will this ever end?)

07/06/06 called for second interview (it was a nightmare)

07/14/06 learned our petition was sent back

07/15/06 ready to carry on the fight!!!!

10/17/06 petition is back at USCIS

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away,

who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Nigel had a letter from my employer and bank and London didn't ask for anything else. If you have the tax returns handy I would say print them out and take them. But if not and you're not self-employed you probably won't need them.

May 2003 - Met in Vegas

October 2004 - First trip to England to see Nigel

November 24, 2005 - Engaged!

December 13, 2005 - Sent I-129

December 16, 2005 - I-129 received in Vermont

December 19, 2005 - NOA1

January 3, 2005 - NOA2

January 27, 2006 - Packet 3 received

February 9, 2006 - Packet 3 sent back

March 13, 2006 - Medical appointment

March 23, 2006 - Packet 4 received

April 18, 2006 - Interview - VISA APPROVED!!!

June 21, 2006 - Nigel arrives!

July 12, 2006 - Applied for SSN

July 14, 2006 - Married at courthouse

July 19, 2006 - Received SSN

August 8, 2006 - Filed for AOS and EAD

August 17, 2006 - Received NOA

September 2, 2006 - Received notice that case was transferred to CSC

September 5, 2006 - Biometrics appt

September 30, 2006 - Official wedding with friends and family - woohoo!

October 12, 2006 - Received email that case was approved

October 16, 2006 - GC arrived!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Nigel had a letter from my employer and bank and London didn't ask for anything else. If you have the tax returns handy I would say print them out and take them. But if not and you're not self-employed you probably won't need them.

Getting tax transcripts from the IRS is free if you call them at 1-800-829-1040.. It's always better to be over prepared than under prepared and getting an 221g. Get the tax transcripts and send a copy of them to your fiancee. You'll need them for your I-864 for AOS anyways..

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

here goes,

thanks in advance.

alastair

I Had my interview in London, and i was required to take my husbands last years tax's (only 1 year) as he is self employed, i also took a letter from the guy he does most of his work for!!...................They never even asked to see the tax returns, even when i asked did they want them, the guy said no!! :yes:

Amanda-England (Yorkshire)- Mark-USA(Michigan)

April/04/2005- Visa journey began!!

We did both K3 & CR1 visa's, got both!!- I returned to England for my CR1 interview after first arriving on a K3 visa!!

May/25th 2006- Green card arrives in the mail................YAY!!

19th June 2006 I Had to go to the Social Security Office to get my number, the DS-230 didnt work for me!!

26-June-2006- Social Security# arrived in the mail....YAY!!

Feb 2008 lift conditions <<<reminder to self!!<<<< went to England for a visit instead, no rush right, 90 days is a long time,LOL

Removing Conditions Begins

Mailed I-751 April 12th 2008

signed for @ NSC April 16th

NOA date April 16th

Conditional GC expired May 5th 2008

Biometrics Detroit May 10th 2008

10 year Green card ordered August 20th 2008

Citizenship any time from feb 2009

Getting tax transcripts from the IRS is free if you call them at 1-800-829-1040.. It's always better to be over prepared than under prepared and getting an 221g. Get the tax transcripts and send a copy of them to your fiancee. You'll need them for your I-864 for AOS anyways..

Thank you Zyggy. I am going to order mine today just to have. I like to be over prepared! :D

K-1 Process

---------------------------

April 20, 2006 - Filed I-129F (Ahhhhh finally!)

July 31, 2006 - APPROVED!

September 28, 2006 - Interview!

September 29, 2006 - VISA in hand!

October 14, 2006 - WEDDING DATE!

AOS & EAD Process

----------------------------

December 26, 2006 - Darcy's last day of employment on his 90-day work authorization. Bummer!

December 27, 2006 - Filed AOS and EAD paperwork

January 3, 2006 - Receipt date of NOA1

January 11, 2007 - 'touched'

January 17, 2007 - transferred to CSC

January 19, 2007 - biometrics appointment

January 22, 2007 - 'touched'

January 23, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

January 24, 2007 - 'touched'

January 31, 2007 - 'AOS touched'

February 1, 2007 - GREEN CARD ORDERED!!!

February 5, 2007 - Received Welcome Letter

February 11, 2007 - received GREEN CARD!!

Lifting Conditions

----------------------------

December 31, 2008 - filed I-751

January 10, 2009 - received 1-year extension letter

January 28, 2009 - biometrics

February 13, 2009 - 10-year green card ordered

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

What's the difference between a tax transcript and a copy of my tax return? I see the IRS has forms for both.

I have kept copies of my tax returns for the last three years, along with the accompanying W-2s. Is that sufficient, or should I request anything from the IRS? (I just got the email for the NOA2, and I also like to be as prepared as possible.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
What's the difference between a tax transcript and a copy of my tax return? I see the IRS has forms for both.

I have kept copies of my tax returns for the last three years, along with the accompanying W-2s. Is that sufficient, or should I request anything from the IRS? (I just got the email for the NOA2, and I also like to be as prepared as possible.

A tax transcript is a computer printout of the information that is on your 1040. It is actually somewhat perferred by the USCIS because it comes directly from the IRS. They're free so there's nothing disadvantageous by getting them... Copies cost money.. IRS transcript is free...

Edited by zyggy

Knowledge itself is power - Sir Francis Bacon

I have gone fishing... you can find me by going here http://**removed due to TOS**

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.