Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Im right with you, NickD. The reason my wife and I stay, the only reason, is to get a 10 year green card or passport. My wife is from Ukraine, so her ability to travel with her current passport is severely limited. One aspect you may consider is attempting to get a job overseas. This will allow you to file an expedited N-400 request.

This thread is about removing conditions on residency that assumes the I-751 application, a burden put on us to assure to the USCIS that a US citizen did not marry an alien immigrant for the sole purpose of bringing that immigrant into this country.

So there are two parties involved, the US citizen and the alien immigrant, from reading other posts here, never sure who is posting is what!

When I met my wife, at first we developed a very strong platonic relationship, became for good friends and learned we had a very strong physical attraction as well, we knew we wanted to spend the rest of our lives together. I am the US citizen, she is the alien immigrant, and she had a daughter that also required a working relationship that was between just her and me. In other words, could we be a family.

We had a short discussion, key factor is that we all wanted to live together, but in her country or mine? As she was from Colombia with her family in that country, no relatives in Venezuela, and I have a very huge family here, we mutually agreed that she and her daughter would come here. Point is, this is my country, born here, served my country, and been paying taxes for years. So just natural that I handle the immigration details, I feel now that I am fighting to keep my family. So I took it upon myself to learn all about the procedure, this was done before we were married, I certainly was no expert in marrying an alien immigrant as the I-751 assumes. Also decided with the very poor grammar used in the immigration forms and that the very expensive fees for all the applications could be lost with one error to hire the best immigration law firm that I could find.

I just enlisted the aid of my wife in typing in those foreign kind of addresses to make sure they were accurate, an interesting note, the downloadable forms from the USCIS force you to use a fixed over sized font where you cannot fit everything in that small box they provide. The forms I received from my law firm let you reduced the size of the font so you could fit everything in and still very readable, but they were the same identical forms provided by the USCIS.

With all this jazz about the I-751, I took it upon myself to contact my congressman, senator, the USCIS, the Ombudsman form, after all, I am the US citizen. In our interviews, I did most of the talking just keeping my big mouth shut when questions were directed to either my wife or daughter.

If a law was broken by me marrying an alien immigrant just to bring her into this country, well, she would be deported and I would be in prison, so not only fighting for her, but actually fighting for myself. I am the assumed guilty party here trying to prove my innocence that seems to be just the opposite of what our US Constitution dictates.

With some of the hardships imposed, my wife and I have already discussed moving to a different country where both of us will be welcomed. Seems ironic to receive a form that both my wife and daughter received in separate envelops addressed to each, Welcome to the USA! Then to have to go through this entire procedure again, isn't this a flat contradiction? First, they are welcomed, then put in a position to prove that they are welcomed?

This entire procedure seems crazy to me and contradicts everything I learned about this country, and a country where I was forced to put my life down to defend. I never asked anything from my country, on the other hand gave everything to this country and never received anything in return. But I did ask my country if I could bring the woman of my most wildest dreams here, and her daughter, they told me it would cost me so much, and that I can, and told me how I can do it, and I said, okay. And I paid the price.

This whole I-751 and the problems and stress it has caused really has me asking, is it really worth staying here? We are talking about the most valuable entity here, my wife. My anger is high, but I keep that to myself and attempt to use logic and reasoning. Also not particularly fond that a number of our most recent leaders are draft dodgers and claim to be patriots of this once great country. My dad wasn't even around to send me to Harvard to avoid the draft.

The battle to keep my wife here is my battle, not hers, and I feel for those here that have to take steps to stay here instead of their US citizen spouses. My wife comes before this country, and whatever it takes, even leaving it, I am prepared to do. I feel that I have been let down by my country. And why in the hell do they get Veterans Day off?

May 27, 2009: N-400 Window Opens

June 2, 2008: N-400 Sent

June 3, 2008: N-400 Received at Nebraska Service Center

June 13, 2008: NOA1

June 16, 2008: Biometrics letter

June 24th, 2008: Biometrics Appointment

July 7th, 2008: Called FBI, verified that biometrics check has been completed and returned to USCIS

August 26th, 2008: N-400 Interview Passed

September 18th, 2008: Swearing in, Billings Montana

Send Expedited 14-day passport paperwork???

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a letter from Homeland Security saying that they were unable to assist me and that Nebraska were processing applications from July 06. *roll eye*

I-751 sent to NSC: 01/--/07

NOA1: 01/25/07

Biometrics: 02/23/07

Tick..tock

Contacted congressman, ombudsman late March

Got 1 yr stamp and case moved to CSC: 04/02/08

Approved: 04/08/08. Done with USCIS for a few years. :)

Card received: 04/14/08

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline
Just FYI for the group, my wife checked her status online this morning and sure enough, her claim was transfered from Nebraska to God knows where. I assume California? We have yet to get an email or snail mail notification of this. Jenny, our claim is 12 months in, and we were about to contact the senator after the 27th. Since you are well beyond 12 months, you should consider talking to your senator.

I already did. He's liason says that my case is already at CSC. This is probably true, due to my filing of the N-400 to CSC in January (I have lived in California since April -07). I have also filed 2 useless service requests. Now I'm waiting for the citizenship interview letter. I have more or less given up on the I-751.

Ken & Jenny

I-751

13th Jan 2007 - Mailed I-751 to NSC

18th Jan 2007 - NOA

14th Feb 2007 - Biometrics

29th Jan 2008 - 6 months extension stamp in passport

Waiting.....

N-400

14th Jan 2008 - Mailed N-400 to CSC. I-751 still pending at NSC

15th Jan 2008 - Received at CSC

17th Jan 2008 - Check cashed

16th Jan 2008 - Priority date

22nd Jan 2008 - Notice date

26th Jan 2008 - Biometrics letter received

7th Feb 2008 - Biometrics appointment

28th April 2008 - Interviev Notice received

17th June 2008 - Interview in San Diego - Passed

10th July 2008 - Oath letter received

23rd July 2008 - Oath ceremony Golden Hall San Diego

25th July 2008 - Applied for passport

4th August 2008 - Passport received

Hello,

This what I have received in the e-mail today:

"Our records indicate that we have not scheduled you an interview

appointment. Your case is currently in suspense until the interview date.

Please follow any instructions on that notice."

I think it means interview.....right? :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

danutuke

FOR danutuke

did you do a service request and received that , or that was on your email, when you check your case online : I mean only put your application number not log in What does it say?

Since we were all transferred to CSC we should be priority and do other service requests because according to USCIS CSC is now processing 09/17/07, so we are all behind , we need to let them know that, no one told us where is our files now but i am sure they are in CSC cause TSC sent their files to VSC they won't send anything else to them, The question is when we should be starting to bug CSC about our applications!!!!

Hello,

I did Service Request on Jan.31, 2007.

On 01/28/2008 you, or the designated representative shown below,

contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at

that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

-- Information not available

Case type:

-- CRI89

Filing date:

-- 01/31/2007

Receipt #:

xxxxxxxxxx

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

-- Information not available

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Type of service requested:

-- Non-Delivery of Permanent Resident Card

The status of this service request is:

Our records indicate that we have not scheduled you an interview

Please follow any instructions on that notice.

Any idea if this means interview soon? I am leaving to Japan for training in June for 3 weeks and I am affraid they will schedule interview at that time.

danutuke

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

"Our records indicate that we have not scheduled you an interview

appointment. Your case is currently in suspense until the interview date."

I read that as if they haven't done anything. They have not schedule an interview, and they don't say they are going to, but infer that your case is in suspense until the interview date. The only thing I gather from that, is that your case is in suspense, aren't all of ours?

Also from my e-mail:

"If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status

results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within

the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at

(800) 375-5283."

The link they give for learning your case status is "www.uscis.gov

under Case Status and Processing Dates", but kind of fail to indicate which service center our case is at.

I feel our responses are called getting the runaround. ( Deception, usually in the form of evasive excuses.)

Since we were all transferred to CSC we should be priority and do other service requests because according to USCIS CSC is now processing 09/17/07, so we are all behind , we need to let them know that, no one told us where is our files now but i am sure they are in CSC cause TSC sent their files to VSC they won't send anything else to them, The question is when we should be starting to bug CSC about our applications!!!!

When I called the automated thing from the 800 number, it said please wait 180 days from the time of the transfer to contact us about the case. :blink:

Some people mentioned about cases being moved to their local offices perhaps, none of the offices in my area process the I-751 and the I was on Wednesday that my case was in the CSC my an immigration official when getting my stamp on passport.

Edited by Ruairi

I-751 sent to NSC: 01/--/07

NOA1: 01/25/07

Biometrics: 02/23/07

Tick..tock

Contacted congressman, ombudsman late March

Got 1 yr stamp and case moved to CSC: 04/02/08

Approved: 04/08/08. Done with USCIS for a few years. :)

Card received: 04/14/08

Timeline

"and it was touched again for the 3rd times in three days"

See others are using that case was touched phrase, precisely what does that mean? Was it modified, changed, removed, updated, and if, how?

Although I have received that confusing email below from USCIS, status of my case online has not changed and it shows the last update on 03/11/07.

It is confusing. Anyone has an idea what this e-mail means?

If this means an interview, how long you have to wait? I will be away in June for 3 weeks for training and I am concerned.

"On 01/28/2008 you, or the designated representative shown below,

contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at

that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Case type:

-- CRI89

Filing date:

-- 01/31/2007

Receipt #:

xxxxxxxxxx

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Type of service requested:

-- Non-Delivery of Permanent Resident Card

The status of this service request is:

Our records indicate that we have not scheduled you an interview

Please follow any instructions on that notice."

"and it was touched again for the 3rd times in three days"

See others are using that case was touched phrase, precisely what does that mean? Was it modified, changed, removed, updated, and if, how?

My case was "touched" on April 1st and 2nd.

Nick, basically, when you check your status online and you see a new date in the last update section, "something" was done to your case. I believe that they update simply every time they move it from one end of the desk to another - but eventually, one of those "touches" hopefully means someone is actually looking at your petition...

I-130:

04-05-2004: I-130 NOA1 (NSC)

11-09-2004: I-130 NOA2 (CSC)

11-23-2004: NVC assigns Case Number

12-07-2004: I-864 fee to NVC

12-10-2004: DS 3032 to NVC

01-10-2005: IV fee to NVC

01-17-2005: I-864 to NVC

02-14-2005: DS 230 to NVC

03-04-2005: Case Complete!

03-09-2005: Case forwarded to Frankfurt

04-12-2005: Interview in Frankfurt

04-15-2005: VISA ARRIVES!

04-22-2005: FLIGHT HOME TO CHICAGO!

I-751:

01-31-2007: I-751 sent to Nebraska Service Center

02-01-2007: I-751 Received at PO Box (per USPS notification)

02-02-2007: NOA Date

02-23-2007: NOA & Biometrics appointment received in mail

03-02-2007: Biometrics appt

04-01-2008: CRIS emails with info that case was transferred. A-ha!

04-07-2008: 1 yr. I-551 stamp received @Chicago CIS office

04-12-2008: Approved - Card production ordered!!!

Timeline

Nick, basically, when you check your status online and you see a new date in the last update section, "something" was done to your case.

I am missing the boat on this one, Illinois 77.

We go to:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/caseStatusSearchDisplay.do

Correct? Type in the LIN, hit search and get a new window, see your LIN and that.

"Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register."

message again.

Am I on the right page? Only date I see anywhere is the 04-04-2008 10:38 AM EDT that is the current date and time. Tried this on Firefox and IE, same thing. Can't even find a reference to the last update section, I must be on the wrong page.

Edited by NickD

Nick, ok, I go to https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/index.jsp, and actually log in (you would create a "customer" account). That's where you can also set up email notification etc. for your case.

Once you log on, your case is listed right there and there is a column called "last updated". That's where I see 4/2/2008 and for the longest time it had 3/9/2007. You can't go back and check past dates for updates; you will only see the last date someone updated your case.

Hope this helps! :thumbs:

I-130:

04-05-2004: I-130 NOA1 (NSC)

11-09-2004: I-130 NOA2 (CSC)

11-23-2004: NVC assigns Case Number

12-07-2004: I-864 fee to NVC

12-10-2004: DS 3032 to NVC

01-10-2005: IV fee to NVC

01-17-2005: I-864 to NVC

02-14-2005: DS 230 to NVC

03-04-2005: Case Complete!

03-09-2005: Case forwarded to Frankfurt

04-12-2005: Interview in Frankfurt

04-15-2005: VISA ARRIVES!

04-22-2005: FLIGHT HOME TO CHICAGO!

I-751:

01-31-2007: I-751 sent to Nebraska Service Center

02-01-2007: I-751 Received at PO Box (per USPS notification)

02-02-2007: NOA Date

02-23-2007: NOA & Biometrics appointment received in mail

03-02-2007: Biometrics appt

04-01-2008: CRIS emails with info that case was transferred. A-ha!

04-07-2008: 1 yr. I-551 stamp received @Chicago CIS office

04-12-2008: Approved - Card production ordered!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.