Peter T

New processing times - is the USCIS lying?

1,075 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I was half asleep when that e-mail came in last night, but looked at it again just now,

Subject: Case Status Information for Tracking Number: Gloria

Certain degree of personalization, I didn't notice last night they had my wife's first name in the subject line and did get her Receipt Number: LIN correct, that is two out of two.

Still leaving no stones unturned, we made an appointment with the Venezuelan Consulate in Chicago to update their passports in a couple weeks, and will stay in contact with my congressman and senator. Watching my checking account as probably the notice of the N-400 application, they seem to cash those checks very quickly.

For those that didn't receive e-mails, did you sign up for them? A link in the Case Status section at:

https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look familiar? As I said, though, all of the TSC-VSC Losers® had already received another email about two weeks earlier than this one telling us we were being transfered from TSC to VSC. There's no doubt you have been transferred to CSC.

But by all means, ignore us and our experience and keep running around like chickens with your heads cut off!

Mmh, excuse me, but how would your experience in waiting for TSC help me with my experience waiting for NSC? And, since we did not get a notice it is in no way apparent that our cases were transferred to California. That is the general assumption, but who knows.

It ain't over 'til it's over... :whistle:

I-130:

04-05-2004: I-130 NOA1 (NSC)

11-09-2004: I-130 NOA2 (CSC)

11-23-2004: NVC assigns Case Number

12-07-2004: I-864 fee to NVC

12-10-2004: DS 3032 to NVC

01-10-2005: IV fee to NVC

01-17-2005: I-864 to NVC

02-14-2005: DS 230 to NVC

03-04-2005: Case Complete!

03-09-2005: Case forwarded to Frankfurt

04-12-2005: Interview in Frankfurt

04-15-2005: VISA ARRIVES!

04-22-2005: FLIGHT HOME TO CHICAGO!

I-751:

01-31-2007: I-751 sent to Nebraska Service Center

02-01-2007: I-751 Received at PO Box (per USPS notification)

02-02-2007: NOA Date

02-23-2007: NOA & Biometrics appointment received in mail

03-02-2007: Biometrics appt

04-01-2008: CRIS emails with info that case was transferred. A-ha!

04-07-2008: 1 yr. I-551 stamp received @Chicago CIS office

04-12-2008: Approved - Card production ordered!!!

I just noticed that my case was "touched" again today. Last night I still had a date of April 1.

I-130:

04-05-2004: I-130 NOA1 (NSC)

11-09-2004: I-130 NOA2 (CSC)

11-23-2004: NVC assigns Case Number

12-07-2004: I-864 fee to NVC

12-10-2004: DS 3032 to NVC

01-10-2005: IV fee to NVC

01-17-2005: I-864 to NVC

02-14-2005: DS 230 to NVC

03-04-2005: Case Complete!

03-09-2005: Case forwarded to Frankfurt

04-12-2005: Interview in Frankfurt

04-15-2005: VISA ARRIVES!

04-22-2005: FLIGHT HOME TO CHICAGO!

I-751:

01-31-2007: I-751 sent to Nebraska Service Center

02-01-2007: I-751 Received at PO Box (per USPS notification)

02-02-2007: NOA Date

02-23-2007: NOA & Biometrics appointment received in mail

03-02-2007: Biometrics appt

04-01-2008: CRIS emails with info that case was transferred. A-ha!

04-07-2008: 1 yr. I-551 stamp received @Chicago CIS office

04-12-2008: Approved - Card production ordered!!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
This is the last email all of the TSC-VSC Losers® received back in mid-February:

Application Type: CRI89, PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

Look familiar? As I said, though, all of the TSC-VSC Losers® had already received another email about two weeks earlier than this one telling us we were being transfered from TSC to VSC. There's no doubt you have been transferred to CSC.

But by all means, ignore us and our experience and keep running around like chickens with your heads cut off!

bwwooak bwwooak.

I hope it is CSC and not VSC! :blink:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Mmh, excuse me, but how would your experience in waiting for TSC help me with my experience waiting for NSC? And, since we did not get a notice it is in no way apparent that our cases were transferred to California. That is the general assumption, but who knows.

It ain't over 'til it's over... :whistle:

Come on, you know you've all been transferred to CSC. You know you haven't been transferred to TSC. And given that TSC has dumped all of its old petitions onto and backed up VSC, where else is left? Indeed. Moreover, many of you have heard that you were going to be transferred for a while now, and a couple of you (winterpassing, at least) even had it verified that the petitions were in fact transferred to CSC last week.

What seems to have happened is that unlike TSC, which sent out email on 1/31 telling everyone in our group that their cases were being transferred to VSC, NSC didn't send out email to everybody saying they were going to be transferred to CSC. You apparently just got the second email saying your cases had been received at the service center to which it had been transferred.

Thanks for noticing my reply and responding, though! Seriously. I see a lot of people talking past other people on this thread as if they lived in different universes.

I just noticed that my case was "touched" again today. Last night I still had a date of April 1.

This is where our experience is relevant to some extent. All of us were touched 2-3 times immediately after getting the received and pending email you guys just got.

Meh

Timeline

Ps. Can't someone CALL and find out where theirs was sent? I would, but I'm not the applicant, and my husband can't call from work. This seems like the logical thing to do to get to the bottom of it.

Edited by Tammi

My senator's office sent an email yesterday informing me the case was transferred to CSC. That is the only way I know that it is in CSC. Other than that, I don't think the Customer Service number get more information than the online case status. In fact, they didn't even let me send a service request last time I call. Most of us have encounter some trouble in travelling, employment, or anything you can imagine. I don't think they care because we are not citizens.

Ps. Can't someone CALL and find out where theirs was sent? I would, but I'm not the applicant, and my husband can't call from work. This seems like the logical thing to do to get to the bottom of it.

Timeline
My senator's office sent an email yesterday informing me the case was transferred to CSC. That is the only way I know that it is in CSC. Other than that, I don't think the Customer Service number get more information than the online case status. In fact, they didn't even let me send a service request last time I call. Most of us have encounter some trouble in travelling, employment, or anything you can imagine. I don't think they care because we are not citizens.

Yeah, you are probably right. They probably just read the same screen we are seeing. They wouldn't let my husband get a service request either. Maybe Tom can find something out at his infopass appointment this month. Our congressmen's office called yesterday and left a message, Tom didn't get to call back yet. I wonder if it was to tell us it got transferred to CSC.

Hello,

Yeah, I got that e-mail too.

To be honest all I want is to get my 10 GC before September - so I have it ready when the time comes to renew my Driver's License. It's just such a pain dealing with people at my local License Bureau. Every time I go there, there is somebody different and they never know what to do with my papers, extension letters etc. I can only imagine how they gonna scrach their heads if I add a passport with a stamp to the mix (if, heaven forbid, my extension letter expire :wacko: ).

I hope James and the rest is right and we really got transferred to CSC.

Good luck to all of us,

Ewa

polandCa.gifflag1-1.gif

Ewa / Poland & Mike / USA

01/03/2005 our wedding

I-751 Removing Conditions

06/18/2007 Form I-751 sent to NSC

06/21/2007 Documents received by NSC

06/25/2007 Check cashed

07/02/2007 NOA received - 1 year extension of my resident status

07/19/2007 Biometrics appointment

04/01/2008 Case transferred to CSC

05/12/2008 Approved - Card production ordered

05/19/2008 10 yr GC in mail

Just back from my day in Chicago. I got my stamp in around 25 minutes. She snipped the corner of my greencard to make it invalid but gave it back to me. There were a lot of angry petitioners. :( One guy was having a yelling match with one of the immigration officers (who was giving back as good as she was getting) and had to be hauled away by the Chicago police but returned later on. I had no problems, got my stamp and asked if they had any more info on my case but nothing only that it was at CSC now to speed things up.

I-751 sent to NSC: 01/--/07

NOA1: 01/25/07

Biometrics: 02/23/07

Tick..tock

Contacted congressman, ombudsman late March

Got 1 yr stamp and case moved to CSC: 04/02/08

Approved: 04/08/08. Done with USCIS for a few years. :)

Card received: 04/14/08

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

So, my husband got this in am email...

The last processing action taken on your case

>

> Receipt Number: LIN**********

>

> Application Type: CRI89 , PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED

>

> Current Status: This case is now pending at the office to which it was transferred.

>

> The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done, counting from when USCIS received it. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. To receive e-mail updates, follow the link below to register.

>

> If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision from USCIS within the current processing time listed*, please contact USCIS Customer Service at (800) 375-5283.

>

> *Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at www.uscis.gov under Case Status and Processing Dates.

> *** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

>

>

> Sincerely,

>

>

> The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

To quote:

The CRI89 PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS OF PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS RECEIVED was transferred and is now pending standard processing at a USCIS office.

Ummmm thats all good and stuff that something is finally happening but what office did it get transfered to? I am hoping this is good news but am confused on where now to check processing times and such. Go USCIS, can we be any more vague? :wacko:

Ruth (Kristine) - Ontario, Canada / Andy - Oregon, USA

Became a couple July 4th 2002

Married July 4th 2005

K1 timeline

10/21/2004 - Petition sent to NSC

10/27/2004 - NOA1 issued

02/05/2005 - NOA2 issued

05/13/2005 - Interview - APPROVED!!!

AOS timeline

10/03/2005 - AOS package sent

10/11/2005 - NOA1 for AOS, EAD and AP

11/22/2005 - Biometrics - AOS and EAD

12/07/2005 - AP and EAD approved!

12/15/2005 - AOS transfered to CSC

01/12/2006 - AOS Approved!

Removal of Conditions

04/09/2007 - Filed I-751 at NSC (filed early - see timeline for reason)

04/30/2007 - NOA1

06/02/2007 - Biometrics

03/27/2008 - Transferred to CSC

04/18/2008 - I-751 Approved! (didn't find out til 11 days afterward)

04/29/2008 - I-551 stamp at Portland office (told of approval)

05/12/2008 - 10yr Greencard arrives in mail!

*phew* I'm done for a bit now - naturalization can wait

Timeline
Just back from my day in Chicago. I got my stamp in around 25 minutes. She snipped the corner of my greencard to make it invalid but gave it back to me. There were a lot of angry petitioners. :( One guy was having a yelling match with one of the immigration officers (who was giving back as good as she was getting) and had to be hauled away by the Chicago police but returned later on. I had no problems, got my stamp and asked if they had any more info on my case but nothing only that it was at CSC now to speed things up.

Good news!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.