yassmine2878

Friday!

47 posts in this topic

Time to run around like a headless chicken!

Im off to bed. Hubster is going to pack up the computer tonight, so we shall see how good a job he does by how quickly I get back on VJ. If Im not back by Sunday, send help because it means he either lost some cables or I strangled him with them or both :)

Im also taking volunteers to help me unpack! I am not above bribery :P

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Egypt
Timeline

I had a henna design done on one of my hands tonight for Eid.

It looks pretty but it stinks something awful and I guess I have to wrap my hand so I don't stain the sheets while I'm sleeping tonight.

I can see this won't be my favorite thing to have done. :P

Happy Eid everyone and happy Friday.

:dance:

Allah tries his chosen people through many hardships, but those who persevere through adversity, surrendering themselves before the will of Allah, shall be blessed with a superb reward.

-The Prophet Muhammad (SAW), as reported by Anas bin Malik

A time will come when the sky is torn apart; when the stars scatter, and the ocean drains away; and when the graves are tossed about, and laid open. At that time every man will be told what he has done, and what he has failed to do; and every woman will be told what she has done, and what she has failed to do.

-Qur'an, Al-Infitar, Surah 82:1-5

T.G.I.F!!!!!!!!

I have been up before the rooster this morning. I am going into work early since i have about 4 deadlines to meet so I can take off early and enjoy the christmas weekend. My weekend will consist of baking. I always like to bake extra for those unexpected people who tend to surprise me with a gift so I have something to give back.

Edited by 77Maureen

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

It looks pretty but it stinks something awful and I guess I have to wrap my hand so I don't stain the sheets while I'm sleeping tonight.

touchedbylovecopy.jpg

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Awww ! Cheryl, that's too bad ! You can always visit with a Christian family if you are nostalgic for a Christmas tree. Or you can visit Christmas stores in Zamalek. I think there are some on the 26th July Street. There are also some areas in Ramses where they sell Christmas decorations and nativity scenes.

But, you are right when you say it doesn't feel like Christmas here. It's not so commercialized, but I still hope you enjoy it. Download some Christmas songs or find one of those online stations that plays Christmas songs 24 hours per day. Rent or buy some Christmas movies from a vendor (they're only 10 pounds in some places), and curl up with some movies and some nescafe or hot cocoa!!

Merry Christmas, everyone ! In Egypt & around the world ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

bollywood.gifBolly5.gif

My brother, believe, if you wish, in a stone, but don't dare strike me with it. You are free to worship what you wish,

but others' beliefs do not concern you. - Wafa Sultan

qualitydisplaya1.gif11573404S-1-vi.gifdontbelieve-mufkin.gif

www.sparealife.org

www.lazyenvironmentalist.com

www.freerice.com

glitteryourway-a2b509eb.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

sick again :dead: working from home...

But no matter how sick I am NOTHING's going to stop me from going to an auction tonight. hahaha How I love cheap antique furniture! It's run by the same people who run the flea market we have the booth at.

And I'm waiting for some packages in the mail, though I am getting a little worried that something I ordered from Rhode Island 5 days ago still hasn't arrived though I probably could have walked to their house and back by now. :lol:

Divorced. To hell with him.

Filed: Other Country: Lebanon
Timeline

Happy Friday....only a few more days til Christmas.

22 more days. well....21 left here cause ill be in ny 3wks from tomorrow.

Hope everyone has a great day.

June 11 05-Married George, civil ceremony in New York

May 30 08-Baby Joshua was born

Jan 15-Back to NY we go...

May 10-made decision not to go back overseas.

July 10-filed for divorce

Jan 11-Divorce final

July 11-1st trip to take Josh to see George

Mar 12-2nd trip to take Josh to see George

MfXV.jpg.png

1LR1.jpg.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

g'morning all - soon to start a 5 day weekend (and i'm thinking of taking thu and fri off so i won't work until next year) :dance::dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Happy Friday everyone! Survived the second Christmas party. Ammar surprised me yesterday by giving me a piece of wood he spent all day carving our initinials into as a relief (with a heart inbetween). You know, I was tihnking-- he has the perfect job. I wish I could do that at my job!

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Cheryl isn't there a big mall in Cairo you can go to? I forget the name of the one we went to but it was really beautiful and there was a HUGE christmas tree in the food court area and a live piano player. I thought Coptic Christmas was later than the Roman Catholic one though so maybe that's why there's not as much hustle and bustle. I do remember the entire city being very festive though due to Eid.

Dropped the kiddo's off to school and just finished my apple fritter and sippin my latte so I'm on quite the sugar high. :energetic:

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Cheryl isn't there a big mall in Cairo you can go to? I forget the name of the one we went to but it was really beautiful and there was a HUGE christmas tree in the food court area and a live piano player. I thought Coptic Christmas was later than the Roman Catholic one though so maybe that's why there's not as much hustle and bustle. I do remember the entire city being very festive though due to Eid.

Dropped the kiddo's off to school and just finished my apple fritter and sippin my latte so I'm on quite the sugar high. :energetic:

:dancing: yay doodle is in a good mood! :dancing:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i had mine done in morocco in nov new experience for me but i was instructed to use some good smelling lotion on afterwards and it kinda held that smell later

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.