david71

want to leave America

172 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
How in the world does a 12 year old immigrate to the US illegally from Bangladesh???? At the very least, there have to have been some adults involved. I'd be really hesitant to hold him accountable for something that happened when he was 12 and was likely beyond his control.

Imho, he really ought to speak with an immigration attorney before doing this. This culture is what he knows. I can't imagine that his prospects will improve by moving to Bangladesh.

Flip burgers til they straighten out the amnesty thing!

$.02

ETA: Our son will be 12 in February. He's still very much a child. Not only that, but I doubt he'll be in a position anywhere near his 18th birthday to afford a plane ticket back to Nepal by himself. Let's be fair here....

Thanks for inserting a little ray of sanity, Maya. :thumbs:

iagree.gif

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
How in the world does a 12 year old immigrate to the US illegally from Bangladesh???? At the very least, there have to have been some adults involved. I'd be really hesitant to hold him accountable for something that happened when he was 12 and was likely beyond his control.

Imho, he really ought to speak with an immigration attorney before doing this. This culture is what he knows. I can't imagine that his prospects will improve by moving to Bangladesh.

$.02

ETA: Our son will be 12 in February. He's still very much a child. Not only that, but I doubt he'll be in a position anywhere near his 18th birthday to afford a plane ticket back to Nepal by himself. Let's be fair here....

I have friends who came here under the age of 5 (I know one girl who came here at the age of 2) and while it's not their "faults" there is no legal recourse. Had they left under the age of 18, they could return on a proper visa with no bar, but after turning 18, illegal presence is incurred.

I'm not going to get into the whole illegal immigration debate, but let's say I don't entirely disagree with your position - and most of these children do not return home and I'm not going to fault them that. But they won't live legally here unless they marry a US citizen, really.

$.02

Thanks for inserting a little ray of sanity, Maya. :thumbs:

:thumbs:

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

What advise is an immigration attorney going to give you after you've stayed in the US illegally for the majority of your life? I'm sure the prospects in Bangladesh aren't that great, but more and more companies are outsourching to India & surrounding areas.

And you cant flip burgers and McDonalds cause they require a SS# & EAD :P Amnesty will never happen or is soooo far away, that the guy will probably have his own 12 yr old son by the time anything would progress in those terms.

12140.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Oh, so having him take an illegal job makes it all OK?

:no: C-YA- hope you get that ban!

yeah, ain't that amazing? get an illegal job while awaiting amnesty. great advice :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

It amazes me how people can give wonderful advices on VJ.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If he is "undocumented" how did he manage to finish school and get all the degrees, w/ the last one being the MS in Computer Science (this week)??? Shoudn't he have a student visa in order to study?

-P

Trollski. Methinks...

Again, plenty of undocumenteds get degrees. I know a few myself, good friends of mine when we were in school. It's no big deal.

I agree, amnesty will happen, just be patient. There's plenty of work out there for undocumenteds, I have CS degree friends without papers who repair machines and set up networks for small businesses for cash. Just spread the word and stay. Don't let the fascists win.

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Timeline
Again, plenty of undocumenteds get degrees. I know a few myself, good friends of mine when we were in school. It's no big deal.

I agree, amnesty will happen, just be patient. There's plenty of work out there for undocumenteds, I have CS degree friends without papers who repair machines and set up networks for small businesses for cash. Just spread the word and stay. Don't let the fascists win.

you'd rather let the communists win?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

No, I'd rather let the capitalists win. This is between capitalism and fascism; communism ceased to be a force int his country many decades ago.

Recommending illegal activities goes against TOS, Gupt.... :yes:

Recommending illegal activities goes against TOS, Gupt.... :yes:

;)

Timeline

No, I'd rather let the capitalists win. This is between capitalism and fascism; communism ceased to be a force int his country many decades ago.

no, the communists want the illegals to get amnesty.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

no, the communists want the illegals to get amnesty.

Actually, the capitalists do. Communist are so small in number and influence as to be laughable. If they were the only ones who wanted it, it wouldn't even be entertained as a possibility. The only reason its even part of the discussion is because capitalists realize the tremendous folly in deporting a source of cheap labor, and, to a lesser extent, creators and consumers of capital.