david71

want to leave America

172 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline
I know quite a few people here illegally who have been attending college for years. These people did come in on a visa, but they were tourist visas that expired years ago (ie. parents bring 3 boys under the age of 6 here on visas, they never go back, by time they reach college age their visas are long past expired).

Yup, me too. A lot of colleges/universities don't care as long as they get paid.

Diana

Pretty much.

Not sure what these guys are going to do with their advanced degrees, since they won't be able to work (most likely) in their fields...but I think that's why they turned into professional students, partially. Their father can support them and pay for their educations, so it makes more sense for them to keep going to school for as long as possible and avoid work.

At least, that's all I can figure.

It's all about the almighty dollar, in the end.

Edited by meow mix

this is the way the world ends

not with a bang but a whimper

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

married: jan 5, 2007

noa 1: march 2nd, 2007

interview @ tampa, fl office: april 26, 2007

green card received: may 5, 2007

removal of conditions timeline:

03/26/2009 - received in VSC

07/20/2009 - card production ordered!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't have to have F-1 status to study. You have to have F-1 (or J-1 or equivalent) status to get into the country to study, but people's recent immigrant spouses can take courses while AOS processes without having to go and get a student visa.

Regardless, there is no exit permit though the guy in question may want to see a lawyer so he understands the penalty he incurs.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

Timeline
Hi all,

Please help!!!

I have a relative currently living is USA. He came to USA when he was 12 years old. He finish his jur. school, high school, BS in Economics, BS in Computer Science and finally MS in Computer Science (this week). Unfortunately he is undocumented. So he now want to go back home to Bangladesh because it seems there is nothing going to happen soon ( I mean amnesty).

Now the question is How can he legally get exit permit fro immigration dept. so he can buy a ticket to go back home.

His Original passport was lost then he received another passport for the Bangladeshi consulate.

Please help.

david

If he is "undocumented" how did he manage to finish school and get all the degrees, w/ the last one being the MS in Computer Science (this week)??? Shoudn't he have a student visa in order to study?

-P

I know this was said in the other thread but ... happens a lot. If people get their money, they care a lot less about immigrant status.

I know a plethora of people who haven't had any kind of status for years (or even decades) who have studied for years with no problems from the school or immigration.

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

Hi all,

Please help!!!

I have a relative currently living is USA. He came to USA when he was 12 years old. He finish his jur. school, high school, BS in Economics, BS in Computer Science and finally MS in Computer Science (this week). Unfortunately he is undocumented. So he now want to go back home to Bangladesh because it seems there is nothing going to happen soon ( I mean amnesty).

Now the question is How can he legally get exit permit fro immigration dept. so he can buy a ticket to go back home.

His Original passport was lost then he received another passport for the Bangladeshi consulate.

Please help.

david

If he is "undocumented" how did he manage to finish school and get all the degrees, w/ the last one being the MS in Computer Science (this week)??? Shoudn't he have a student visa in order to study?

-P

Hi all

thanks for the reply. In New York, under City University of NY there are 18 colleges. You can study any one of those colleges as long as you pay international student tuition fee. They wouldn't ask you for the status.

Thanks

12/13/2007 N-400 sent to VSC

12/14/2007 N-400 received by VSC

12/14/2007 Priority date

12/31/2007 Check cashed ($675)

01/07/2008 I-797 received (saying.. you should expect to be notified within 540 days)

01/09/2008 Received Bio Appnt. (Actiual Appont. 01/26/2008)

01/26/2008 Biometrics/fingerprints done

08/21/2008 Interview Letter received

10/09/2008 Actual Interview date (passed)

11/18/2008 received OATH letter

12/09/2008 actual oath date

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Hi all,

Please help!!!

Please help.

david

Exactly... he can just leave the U.S whenever he wants.

Conditions lifted 10 yr GC in hands since Feb. 2011!

...onto researching and studying to become a U.S Citizen.

Click here for our complete timeline

6Dqdm4.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

maybe he went to a top secret school for illegals :lol:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Don't lrt the door hit him in the A$$ CYA!

illegals are ilegals.

Can't agree more. I look forward to his 10 year ban.

All you need is a modest house in a modest neighborhood

In a modest town where honest people dwell

--July 22---------Sent I-129F packet

--July 27---------Petition received

--August 28------NOA1 issued

--August 31------Arrived in Terrace after lots of flight delays to spend Lindsay's birthday with her

--October 10-----Completed address change online

--January 25-----NOA2 received via USCIS Case Status Online

Timeline
maybe he went to a top secret school for illegals :lol:

Or CUNY...not really a top secret school for illegals :blink:

[ts eliot]

aos timeline:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

TSUFIA - Top Secret University for Illegal Aliens :jest:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nepal
Timeline

How in the world does a 12 year old immigrate to the US illegally from Bangladesh???? At the very least, there have to have been some adults involved. I'd be really hesitant to hold him accountable for something that happened when he was 12 and was likely beyond his control.

Imho, he really ought to speak with an immigration attorney before doing this. This culture is what he knows. I can't imagine that his prospects will improve by moving to Bangladesh.

Flip burgers til they straighten out the amnesty thing!

$.02

ETA: Our son will be 12 in February. He's still very much a child. Not only that, but I doubt he'll be in a position anywhere near his 18th birthday to afford a plane ticket back to Nepal by himself. Let's be fair here....

Edited by maya62

Many thanks to the Visajourney community for all the help!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Send the adults with him!

How in the world does a 12 year old immigrate to the US illegally from Bangladesh???? At the very least, there have to have been some adults involved. I'd be really hesitant to hold him accountable for something that happened when he was 12 and was likely beyond his control.

Imho, he really ought to speak with an immigration attorney before doing this. This culture is what he knows. I can't imagine that his prospects will improve by moving to Bangladesh.

Flip burgers til they straighten out the amnesty thing!

$.02