pervez

Case forwarded to Washington DC office???

27 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iceland
Timeline

I got this message today:

On December 15, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our WASHINGTON, DC location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our WASHINGTON, DC location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I'm in the local area of the Charlotte NC office, so why would this be sent to DC? Does this mean I might have to drive there, 5.5hrs each way for an interview instead of the 3hrs to Charlotte?

Also comparing the numbers(that don't mean all that much) on the processing times websites, then Charlotte NC is working on cases submitted in the last 6 months while the DC office is working on 12 month old cases, should I be worried about that?

Thank you for reading, and replying(if you do) :)

Edited by pervez

--

See my Profile -> Signature&Story -> Story for further timeline info.

I-131 AP - Status: Completed (Expires Nov. 2008)

2007-September-18 - Mailed to Chicago

2007-November-16 - Application Approved

I-485 AOS - Status: Completed

2007-September-20 - Delivered in Chicago

2007-September-25 - Date of NOA1 for Application

MORE DETAILED TIMELINE INFO MY PROFILE UNDER "SIGNATURE & STORY"

2008-January-31 - Green Card Production Ordered

2008-February-01 - Welcome Notice Mailed

I-765 EAD - Status: Completed (Expires Nov. 2008)

2007-November-20 - Application Approved

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

On December 15, 2007, we transferred this I485 APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS to our WASHINGTON, DC location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions on this notice. You will be notified by mail when a decision is made, or if the office needs something from you. If you move while this case is pending, call customer service. We process cases in the order we receive them. You can use our processing dates to estimate when this case will be done. This case has been sent to our WASHINGTON, DC location. Follow the link below to check processing dates. You can also receive automatic e-mail updates as we process your case. Just follow the link below to register.

I'm in the local area of the Charlotte NC office, so why would this be sent to DC? Does this mean I might have to drive there, 5.5hrs each way for an interview instead of the 3hrs to Charlotte?

Also comparing the numbers(that don't mean all that much) on the processing times websites, then Charlotte NC is working on cases submitted in the last 6 months while the DC office is working on 12 month old cases, should I be worried about that?

You should not worry about it too much because as what I understand there is nothing wrong with your application because if there is they should inform you. As far as I can remember I filed mine in different USCIS office but they forward it to different location but it my case, closer than what's I expected. If you have any doubts about everything better to call the nearest USCIS Office about it. I wish you all the best.

The worrying element of this is that USCIS does *not* notify us of transfers to local offices. They only notify of transfers to service centers.It is entirely possible they hit the wrong button and sent you the wrong email/status online. There really is only one way to attempt to find out what is going on and thats to make an Infopass. Personally, it states they are sending you a notice explaining thie action, I would wait a bit for that, THEN make an infopass.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Hi Pervez,

I received the exact same email message on the 15th Dec. I haven't received anything in the mail yet. Just wondering whether you have, and if so, what it was about?

September, 2000 - met traveling and became friends

August 27, 2004 - Went to the UK for 6 weeks became more than friends

May 27, 2006 - ENGAGED! (He proposed while I was visiting for 6 weeks in London)

June 13, 2006 - Sent I-129F

July 5, 2006 - Rcvd RFE - 'rejection notice'...didn't like our signatures...had to do it again!

July 25, 2006 - Sent I-129F AGAIN! (Hope they like the signatures!)

July 26, 2006 - USCIS rcvd packet

July 31, 2006 - check cashed! (They must like the signatures this time!)

August 4, 2006 - NOA1 received

September 4, 2006 - Fiance comes out for a 2 week visit! No problems at POE...

September 15, 2006 - NOA2 Approval email rcvd.

October 13, 2006 - received notification that NVC received packet

October 27, 2006 - Fiance receives packet 3 instructions from Embassy

December 11, 2006 - Fiance sends in packet 3 (minus checklist) to Embassy in London

January 26, 2007 - Medical in London

January 29, 2007 - Police background check....ALL CLEAR!

March 31, 2007 - Sent off packet 3 checklist

April 26, 2007 - received packet 4...interview set for June 6th!

June 6, 2007 - Interview at London Embassy...APPROVED!!!!!!!!

June 14, 2007 - Rcv'd Visa in the mail...

August 21, 2007 - Fiance arrives in the US!

August 25, 2007 - MARRIED!!!!

September 23, 2007 - Sent off AOS

Timeline
Hi Pervez,

I received the exact same email message on the 15th Dec. I haven't received anything in the mail yet. Just wondering whether you have, and if so, what it was about?

Nope, nothing received in the mail yet. I'll repost to this thread when the letter comes.

Best wishes.

--

Timeline
Hi Pervez,

Nope, nothing received in the mail yet. I'll repost to this thread when the letter comes.

Best wishes.

Thanks...I'll do the same when I get my notice.

May 27, 2006 - ENGAGED! (He proposed while I was visiting for 6 weeks in London)

July 5, 2006 - Rcvd RFE - 'rejection notice'...didn't like our signatures...had to do it again!

December 11, 2006 - Fiance sends in packet 3 (minus checklist) to Embassy in London

Filed: Other Timeline

I'd make an Infopass appointment to find out what the heck they're doing. Print out the e-mail and take it with you. Usually mail from USCIS only takes a couple of days to reach you, so you should have received something by now if it was mailed the 15th.

divorced - April 2010 moved back to Ontario May 2010 and surrendered green card

PLEASE DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE ME OR EMAIL ME. I HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT CURRENT US IMMIGRATION PROCEDURES!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I just read about someone living in Iowa who just had their case transferred to D.C. and didn't know why either.

Hmmmm

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

D.C. is where their headquarters is. I dont think it was for local office interview stuff. Maybe they needed some kind of decision from the HQ regarding your petition. Anything unuswual in your case??

I finally got rid of the never ending money drain. I called the plumber, and got the problem fixed. I wish her the best.

Timeline
D.C. is where their headquarters is. I dont think it was for local office interview stuff. Maybe they needed some kind of decision from the HQ regarding your petition. Anything unuswual in your case??

Nope, as straightforward as a petition can be.

As long as I don't have to drive up there, for an interview, then they can let it rest on a pile of other docs for as long as they want. I have my EAD and my Advanced Parole so I can work and go in and out as needed until Nov. 08. :)

I am just wondering what this paper shuffling is about.

--

Timeline

As long as I don't have to drive up there, for an interview, then they can let it rest on a pile of other docs for as long as they want. I have my EAD and my Advanced Parole so I can work and go in and out as needed until Nov. 08. :)

We got the notice in the mail. All it says it that they've moved it to DC to 'speed up the process'...at least it wasn't an RFE. I'm sure yours probably says the same thing. I'm assuming you got yours by now? Good luck with it all!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I had to go though the Washington DC office since I live in VA, however the office was about a 4 hour drive. I requested that my interview be in Roanoke since INS comes here every few months. I would make an info pass at your local office to see what is going on. Seems a little odd to me.

N-400

10/26/09 Sent application to Lewisville TX.

10/27/09 Rec'd Application signed by B. Conteh

10/29/09 Check cashed

11/02/09 Rec'd NOA date showing 10/29/09

11/09/09 Rec'd letter Bio Appointment

11/17/09 Bio Appointment 8am

11/20/09 Called FBI-Prints were sent back to USCIS same day.

12/03/09 Rec'd email from USCIS that the RFE was a mistake.

12/04/09 Rec'd email from USCIS saying that I have been transferred for an interview.

12/07/09 Rec'd letter for interview on 1/11/10 @11am in Fairfax, VA.

01/11/10 Interview completed. Passed test decision can't be made.

03/02/10 Contacted Senator's office...No reply yet!

03/04/10 Senator office called says can take up to 120 days.

04/12/10 Service request filed.

05/12/10 Contacted Senator's office again.

05/12/10 Told over the phone that I was approved. Believe it when I see it!

06/04/10 Senators office tells me the adjudicator who interviewed me thinks I have a criminal record. Send out all paper work showing no criminal record.

06/08/10 Leave for Canada

06/09/10 Get RCMP certificate showing no criminal record. Fax off to senators office.

06/23/10 Approved for Citizenship

06/24/10 USCIS contacts Senators office

06/28/10 Find out that I have been approved for citizenship and they are just waiting to schedule my oath.

07/12/10 Put in line for oath ceremony....wonder how long that will be!

08/18/10 Called USCIS confirmed they sent oath letter for 09/17/2010 at 9am.

09/17/10 Oath ceremony at 9am..... US Citizen!!!! Applied for passport.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hey

We got the same notice dated 12/17/2007. We are filing through the Albuquerque, NM office -- which usually is very fast. I was thinking we would have our interview date by now. :( please keep updating you have new info or ideas on why we got transfered.

thanks!

autumn

Timeline

We got the notice in the mail. All it says it that they've moved it to DC to 'speed up the process'...at least it wasn't an RFE. I'm sure yours probably says the same thing. I'm assuming you got yours by now? Good luck with it all!

Yep, just came today.

Reads:

"This is to advise you than in order to speed up processing we have transferred the above case to the following USCIS office for processing.

Attn: E-Filing, 2675 Prosperity Avenue, Fairfax, VA 22031-4906

That office will notify you of the decision made on the application or petition"

And then some more stuff on general processing dates etc.

So I guess the CSC was perhaps just overloaded so they dumped some of what would've gone there to Fairfax, Virginia :) At least that's the way it sounds to me.

Edited by pervez

--

Exactly the same happened to us. Still waiting for something new to happen :whistle:

AOS & EAD

10-22-2007 - AOS & EAD sent

10-30-2007 - NOA Date

11-23-2007 - Biometrics Appointment

12-15-2007 - AOS Transfered to Washington DC office

12-19-2007 - Letter received explaining that to speed up processing case (AOS) was sent to Fairfax, Virginia

01-04-2008 - I-485 Touched .. case is now pending standard processing at the USCIS office

01-04-2008 - EAD Card Production Ordered

01-14-2008 - EAD Card Received

01-24-2008 - I-485 Touched

01-31-2008 - I-485 Card Production Ordered .. so happy right now =)

01-31-2008 - I-485 Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident

02-05-2008 - Welcome notice received in the mail

02-06-2008 - Touched .. Approval notice sent

02-08-2008 - Green Card received!! (Expires 01-31-10)

10-05-2009 - Notice of requirement to file joint petition to remove the

conditional basis of an alien's permanent resident status received in the mail

ROC

11-17-2009 - Sent out I-751 to VCS via Express Mail

11-25-2009 - I-797C, NOA received in the mail (Receipt Date 11-19-2009)

12-09-2009 - Biometric Appointment Notice received in the mail

12-23-2009 - Biometrics

12-23-2009 - Touch

12-24-2009 - Touch

12-28-2009 - Touch

03-01-2010 - Email from USCIS: Card Production Ordered

03-01-2010 - Approval Letter (NOA?) in the mail .. Decision date 02-25-2010

03-04-2010 - Email from USCIS: Approval Notice Sent

03-08-2010 - Green Card received (Expires 03-01-2020)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.