VetsWife328

Can /should we gather USC documents before NOA2

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi all,

well we're guessing to be approved some time in February and I was wondering if it would be ok if my Finace send me all the documents like Divorce DEcree,BC,Tax stuff,I 134 and so on by early/mid February?

What EXACTLY do we need in Tax Papers.Some say Tax Transcripts ,some say 1040's or W 2's.I'm confused and so is my man.

Also what documents would we have to send to the embassy and can I fill out all the required forms ahead of time and just send them in right after I got Packet 3 from Frankfurt?

How long are my man's papers such as the letter from his employer valid?? And the I 134?

Any input?

Ya I know it's soon but hey CSC is working on end of July Petitions right now so who knows if they keep the speed up maybe we get approved by the end of Januray?!

:devil:

Thanks

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Foreign citizen's Birth Cert, Divorce decree can be got early because they do not expire.

Police cert, and affidavit of support needs to be prepared closer to actual interview.

One thing about I-134, the directions included with I-134 are very old, USCIS has no reason to update them since USCIS has no application for that form.

The consulates tend to treat the I-134 like a mini-I-864 as so prefer the same financial evidence as the I-864.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.

• SIMPLE Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

• Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years (Not necessary if you provide the transcripts)

• Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.

• Photo copies of past month or so of pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.
My income was well above the povertyline so I did not include any asset data (LIKE BANK STATEMENTS or property values).

If your income exceeds 125% of the povertyline when counting yourself, prospective immigrant and any dependents, then don't bother with assets (401K, Bank balance, Stocks etc..), it is just extra un-needed data to provide, the consular officer is most concerned with INCOME.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks for you VERY helpful reply!!!

So I guess I will have my man send me all that once I get packet 3 from FRankfurt.

Again thank you that was very helpful about all that tax stuff!

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

It is good to be early, at least in my book. :thumbs: but keep in mind some documents do expire.

Edited by jasman0717

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Thanks for this - I've just been oblivious to everything as NOA2 still not in sight but will be very useful to start collating all the stuff I need - esp as I didn't make a copy of the original package. Do people just put this stuff in folders or..?

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Filed: Timeline

They only wanted last year's return/W2 and current employment information from us. I think the 3-year tax thing has been reduced to 1 year and current employment.

Our consulate only

OH, the divorce decree had to be ORIGINAL, with the court seal (actually stamped true copy but it had to have the seal, so I had to get it to her directly, no scan/copy of that)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
Hi all,

well we're guessing to be approved some time in February and I was wondering if it would be ok if my Finace send me all the documents like Divorce DEcree,BC,Tax stuff,I 134 and so on by early/mid February?

What EXACTLY do we need in Tax Papers.Some say Tax Transcripts ,some say 1040's or W 2's.I'm confused and so is my man.

Also what documents would we have to send to the embassy and can I fill out all the required forms ahead of time and just send them in right after I got Packet 3 from Frankfurt?

How long are my man's papers such as the letter from his employer valid?? And the I 134?

Any input?

Ya I know it's soon but hey CSC is working on end of July Petitions right now so who knows if they keep the speed up maybe we get approved by the end of Januray?!

:devil:

Thanks

Nat

Our case was processed in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico. Below are the items we took to the appointment.

• Banamex – Fiance Visa Fee – Make sure you get a receipt because you MUST take the original receipt with you to the appointment to prove that you paid the Visa fee.
  • Official Passport Photos – 2 originals
  • Mexican Passport – must be valid for at least six months after the issue date.
  • Cards & Letters
  • Photos
  • Receipt of engagement ring purchase
  • Letter from Employer on company stationary- Fiance
  • Letter from Employer on company stationary- USC
  • Shot record
  • Letter from Bank (Verification of when account opened, etc. etc.) - USC
  • Medical Exam – in Ciudad Juarez – must be done 1-2 days before going to the consulate.
  • Vaccinations- during Medical Exam in Juarez (could cost up to $200 USD)
  • Intent to Marry (CDJ-401 form) – Original + 3 copies – must be signed in the presence of IO
  • DS 156K- (Non Immigrant Application) Original + 3 copies
  • Proof of pay – paystubs (I included last six paystubs)
  • Birth Certificate – USC Original (or certified copy)
  • Birth Certificate – Fiance, Original (or certified copy)
  • Birth Certificate - Fiance, full translation

K-1 & I-601 Waiver Timeline 4/7/06 to 9/12/07

4/7/06: I-129 K-1 Application mailed

4/20/06: NOA Receipt

6/23/06: Req for Evidence

8/31/06: NOA

9/28/06: NOA- NVC rcvd I-129

10/12 & 11/9: Rcvd CDJ Ltr- processing Visa

12/6/06: CDJ Interview - Denied - I-601 Waiver Required

12/18/06: I-601 filed

8/6/07: Waiver Approval

8/22/07: Waiver Approval letter received

9/4/07: Open Appointment Letter Rcvd (postmarked 8/31/07 from Texas)

9/9/07: Arrive in CDJ for Open Appt

9/10/07: Open Appointment

9/12/07: RECEIVED K-1 VISA!

AOS - 10/8/07 to 11/21/07

9/14/07: Entered the United States

9/21/07: Happliy Married!

10/6/07: AOS Packet Mailed to Chicago Lockbox!

10/8/07: Return Receipt stamped received by USCIS

10/19/07: NOA Receipt for AOS & EAD received

10/24/07: Case Online at USCIS.gov

10/25/07: Touched

11/3/07: Biometrics Appointment

11/5/07: Touched

11/14/07: Appointment Letter received

11/16/07: EAD Production ordered.

11/21/07: AOS Interview - Approved - Hubby is Legal Permanent Resident (Conditional)

11/23/07: Registered Customer's new permanent resident status (Online Case Status)

11/25/07: Touched - Production of EAD ordered (Online Case Status)

11/26/07: On November 26, 2007, we ordered production of your new card (Green Card).

11/28/07: Received EAD Card!

11/30/07: Received Welcome to the U.S. Letter

12/1/07: Received GREEN CARD!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.