EsOrEnNa

*Baby Corner*

5,208 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
chnst...dont feel bad bout ben getting sick, when i took zaid to the ped for his colic they found an ear infection, i felt like a horrible mom, but all in all, if its gonna happen it will...and fwiw zaid is 6 weeks tomorrow and also 12lbs12oz 23.5 inches...we have some big boys dont we??

dito on the booger sucker stina...ive used it daily since birth and zaid is use to it now, he only minds it when i suck a big booger from down deep and it kinda takes his breath away, btu he gets over it quick...

so, i took zaid back to the ped today and his ear is still a lil infected but a few more days of the amoxycillin should clear it up...the doctor decided we should get him on nutramigen made by enfamil, its a hypoallergenic lactose free formula for babies with collic, and i said it was fine, but when i got to the store and saw it was 30 dollars for the small can of powder i nearly shat myself...there is no way i can afford that, zaid goes thru that can in 2.5 sometimes 2 days...that would be exceeding 100$ a week...so, i called back, and he said to try enfamil gentleease which is a lil better at 17.99 a can...so, he has had two feeding of it soo far, no bad reactions, no spitting up, and he is now sitting in his swing talkin to himself...ill see how the next few days go..

i had my 6 week postpartum appt today...im back on the pill, cleared to excercise, and also do the deed, lol!!!it was soo bittersweet at my ob office, strange enough, i love it there, my docs, nurses, and the staff are amazing, they made being pregnant awesome, and i cant thank them enuf, its sad knowing, ill see them only once a year, until baby number two comes along...

back to work on wednesday, sad, i dont know how i will ever leave my lil guy for close to 9.5 hours a day..i know its gonna break my heart..

I also felt a little sad at my last appt at my OB office. I had a midwife there through my pregnancy but because I had a c-section I had to see the OB at my pp checkup. So I never got to see my midwife and say bye. :( But I have to go back in a couple months for a pap smear so I will make the appt with her and hope she still remembers who I am!

Oh, another tip. I know some people might not want to consider generic, but Walmart and Target have a generic version of Enfamil Gentlease...it has the exact SAME ingredients and is a lot cheaper. You can look at the labels side by side and see it is identical.

I always use generic formula now from Walmart since it's exactly the same as Enfamil. And the big can is 11.88 for regular formula. It lasts us almost a week, but Kavi only eats about 5 oz per feeding.

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

stina thanks for the heads up on the generic formula...the good news is, either zaid is tricking me, or this formula is already causing a significant change in only 24 hours, we managed to shop for 5 hours, and were in and out of the car nearly 10 times, he never cried, he is now going 3-4 hours between feedings rather than 2-3, and he is contently sitting in his swing, talking to the fishies hanging from it, and is not whining, fussing, or crying...his cries the past 24 hours have just been fussy whines and are no longer SCREAMING fits...god almighty, i pray this did it...

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
I feel for you at going back to work soon. I have another 2 months, but am already starting to dread leaving my guy.

I have to return to work on the 30th and I'm REALLY starting to freak out! I am the primary financial provider for my family, so I have no choice. Simply put, however, I just don't know how I am going to do it.

I get more depressed every passing precious day.... :(

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@Ks: glad he's doing better! :thumbs: hey looks like our boys were born just 1 ay apart! Ben is 6 weeks tomorrow and we're headed for the postpartum check tomorrow too.

It's weird, he weighs exactly the same as Zaid as of last Friday when we went to the doctor! Little monster.....

I was planning on going back to work asap but I decided not to. Thank God, we can swing it financially for a while longer, I couldn't leave him yet. Who is taking care of your babies? I don't know if its better to find a nanny/babysitter or a day care center. what do u mommies recommend?

I'm definitely gonna get one of those army helmets with a fake bush on top, so I can go spy on my baby while he's at day care/school/college... :whistle: I don't know, I just don't think I can EVER trust someone with him.... I'm that paranoid.

On another note- did u start losing hair too after u had your babies? My hairbrush looks like a puppy and I'm seriously worried about going bald soon if it doesn't stop. :help:

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
@Ks: glad he's doing better! :thumbs: hey looks like our boys were born just 1 ay apart! Ben is 6 weeks tomorrow and we're headed for the postpartum check tomorrow too.

It's weird, he weighs exactly the same as Zaid as of last Friday when we went to the doctor! Little monster.....

I was planning on going back to work asap but I decided not to. Thank God, we can swing it financially for a while longer, I couldn't leave him yet. Who is taking care of your babies? I don't know if its better to find a nanny/babysitter or a day care center. what do u mommies recommend?

I'm definitely gonna get one of those army helmets with a fake bush on top, so I can go spy on my baby while he's at day care/school/college... :whistle: I don't know, I just don't think I can EVER trust someone with him.... I'm that paranoid.

On another note- did u start losing hair too after u had your babies? My hairbrush looks like a puppy and I'm seriously worried about going bald soon if it doesn't stop. :help:

Yes, it's the hormones. I'm in the 'I'm not losing hair' stage right now but after baby is out...i'm sure I'll be losing it like crazy. I've heart taking Biotin is supposed to help. Maybe somebody can ship it from Germany or maybe you can even get it here.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have to say, not that I'm rubbing this in, but my maternity leave from Canada will allow me to stay home with my baby for a little over a year. My Maternity benefits will pay my salary at a 100% for 6 months and the last 6 months are at 55% of my salary. I think it will be nice to be home with the baby for the first 6 months and than slowly ease my way back into the work force. I've worked here in Canada for 4 years while waiting for my paperwork to come through and got pregnant by accident. But it's a good accident and now I get the benefits of working here in Canada. I know I'm going to be sadly disappointed when we have baby number two and my maternity leave is so much shorter in the States. I do notice a difference with the cost of health insurance. With every test I do in the States we get a bill for what ever the insurance doesn't cover while here in Canada it's all covered. It's quite the eye opening experience. It makes me wonder how women do who don't have insurance have kids. How does one afford to have a child? And looking for a day care/child provider is hard too. There's nothing in my area. Not even a babysitter, but we do live in a small towm. I think I might be flying my mother down a lot more to babysit.

Married August 21 2004 in Nova Scotia!

October 19/04 sent I-130.

April 17/08 finally arrive back in New Orleans after 3 years and 8 months.

May 19/08 Perm Resident Card arrives.

July 24/08 Reapply for a new SS card with married name.

August 4/08 Baby daughter born.

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am going to be off for 10-12 weeks--I will be taking short-term disability for 6 weeks and then I have accumulated some Paid Time Off...like many of us, I am the primary breadwinner in our family, too. My husband will be changing his work schedule around and/or changing jobs so that he can stay home with the baby.

I wish we lived in Canada...

Edited to add:

...or Europe.

We still haven't figured out health insurance for the baby. Simo and I each have individual health insurance through our jobs. At my job, adding another person to my insurance is ridiculously expensive--$455 extra a month!! I think it will be less through my husband's job, but he isn't sure he wants to keep that job (low pay and long commute, but pleasant work environment, good benefits + flexible hours). Has anyone investigated less expensive health insurance options for your child?

Edited by Carolyn

Carolyn and Simo

Fell in love in Morocco: March 2004

Welcome to the USA: May 19, 2005 :)

Our Wedding Day: July 9, 2005

AOS interview: March, 2006--Success!

Applied for Removal of Conditions on Residence: March, 2008--Approved August 11, 2008

Baby Ilyas born: August 16, 2008!

rPXNm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Hm my hair is still falling out at a normal rate, though pregnant women supposedly loose less hair. Doesn't apply to me! Be careful with Biotin (B7 or H also), don't take more than the 100% daily dosage, otherwise it's hard on your liver and you can end up with blood work like an alcoholic. My mom followed her cosmetician's advice (no comment on that one!!!) and took lots of it, until the doctor checked the blood work and was alarmed. She stopped taking it at high dosages and is fine now.

I had an appointment today and I'll have an ultrasound tomorrow to measure the cervix length, they also tested for fetal fibronectin just in case.... We'll see what happens. Though my Braxton Hicks kinda vanished to very little throughout they day ever since I took more Magnesium...

I'll stay at home for now until I feel up to work again... Maternity leave for my sister starts next week (34 weeks) and she'll stay home a year (they keep paying 67% of your last salary or a max of 1800 Euros monthly in Germany for one year). On the other hand the salaries are lower to begin with, both systems have advantages and disadvantages...

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

New Orleans Bound -

I wish I was in Canada too!!! Hubby and I like to moan about how much better maternity leave is there. Here, I was allowed to take 3 months, but it is all unpaid.

Finding a daycare provider has been tricky too, as we also live in a small town. There is an agency here called the Child Care Referral that gave me a list of providers. Many were not accepting infants. I did phone interviews and then site visits too. Hubby and I chose a daycare center in the town I work. We felt okay about that choice, but then, last week, the center called and said they were discontinuing the infant program. I started calling other providers and they were all full. We did end up finding a center that is a town away. It is a quality place, but is the most expensive in the area, plus further away, plus we have to do several fundraisers a year and have to pay $200 if we don't sell the quota of the fundraiser. Argh! We have no other options though.

Enjoy the benefits of being in Canada now, at least for the maternity leave.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I think I'd be back to 100%work if daycare here wasn't so expensive. On the other hand, I do enjoy having Adam home, that way I can teach him my language way easier than I thought. As soon as he's three years old I'll enroll him in German Saturday school so he gets to hear other people speak German too. Until then, I'll keep him busy with books and CDs in German. I swear yesterday he said "nein nein' (no no) to me and shook his head. Seems like my little man is starting to talk after all.

I'm lucky with work though. I almost am the official city secretary and work part time from home or if I do have to go to what they call 'office' (it's a 250 people town we live in) I can bring the kids. That is so awesome. It doesn't pay much but will look a lot better on a resume in the long run.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
New Orleans Bound -

I wish I was in Canada too!!! Hubby and I like to moan about how much better maternity leave is there. Here, I was allowed to take 3 months, but it is all unpaid.

Finding a daycare provider has been tricky too, as we also live in a small town. There is an agency here called the Child Care Referral that gave me a list of providers. Many were not accepting infants. I did phone interviews and then site visits too. Hubby and I chose a daycare center in the town I work. We felt okay about that choice, but then, last week, the center called and said they were discontinuing the infant program. I started calling other providers and they were all full. We did end up finding a center that is a town away. It is a quality place, but is the most expensive in the area, plus further away, plus we have to do several fundraisers a year and have to pay $200 if we don't sell the quota of the fundraiser. Argh! We have no other options though.

Enjoy the benefits of being in Canada now, at least for the maternity leave.

Autumnchik,

I haven't started to look to closely for a day care. My husband says we'll figure it out when the time comes but... I know that his place of employment has a daycare but they don't take infants. So I'm still looking. It looks like my mother is going to be staying with us for a while if we don't find something. What we really need is a sitter from time to time but there are no kids babysitting age by us. I can't believe they're gonna charge you $200 if you don't sell the quota. What are you gonna have to sell?

Married August 21 2004 in Nova Scotia!

October 19/04 sent I-130.

April 17/08 finally arrive back in New Orleans after 3 years and 8 months.

May 19/08 Perm Resident Card arrives.

July 24/08 Reapply for a new SS card with married name.

August 4/08 Baby daughter born.

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

chnst-

Yes I am losing a lot of hair. But it's nothing to be worried about. We are shedding the hair that didn't fall out during pregnancy due to the level of estrogen. I read it could be a 6 month long process. :wacko: What annoys me is that my hair is everywhere around the house.

http://www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-normal...irth_1335883.bc

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord