EsOrEnNa

*Baby Corner*

5,208 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@autumchik: I'm not sure about the birth control, I think certain kinds of the pill mess with your milk supply, but maybe you can ask this your ob/gyn at your 6 week pp check?

as for the bottle liners- yes I think they're BPA free. not 100% sure, but I think you can find out by googling that.

@Scott&marta: I don't like the idea of vasectomies/tube tying either. It's too final. I have a friend who's in her thirties now, she had a boy and a girl with her first husband in her early20ies and had her tubes tied with her c/s. Her husband died in a freak accident a coupleyears later. Now she's getting married again and they want to have children soooo bad but they can't afford the surgery that's required to fix her tubes. Very sad. They're the nicest people and they're so great with kids.

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

• Replies 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

@ autumnchik: http://safemama.com/2007/11/22/bpa-free-bo...up-cheat-sheet/

@ Wacken: Thanks.. I know how it works but never cared to read about its side effects... I'm sticking with natural family planning & condoms - IUDs seem too invasive, and the pill is for my taste as well. It messes with my body big time!

AOS

8-4-2006 Date of NOA's

1-4-2007 Green Card in mail

Removal of conditions

9-29-2008 I-751 delivered to CSC

12-29-2008 Green Card ordered :)

Citizenship

10-15-2011 Package sent to NSC

10-17-2011 NOA Priority Date

11-25-2011 Biometrics done

11-29-2011 In line for interview scheduling... woohoo!

12-20-2011 Interview scheduled ...received letter 3 days later

01-24-2012 Interview & Oath

Done!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Yeah, last trimester! 2 more months left to go until baby number 2 arrives. Baby number 1 is a handful, and keeps growing like there is no tomorrow! The second baby is also a boy--assuming the ultrasound lady knows her penises. Anyway the fact that one boy was born after 1 sept and the other one before 1 sept means they will only be one year apart in school instead of two. That's good as they can easily follow each other, and play on the same sports teams at times, etc. Everything is going good, wife seems a little extra emotional this time around, but she is hanging in there, home stretch now!

squsquard20060929_-8_HJ%20is.png

dev216brs__.png

In accordance with Georgia law, "The Georgia Security and Immigration Compliance Act," I am required to display the following in any and all languages that I may give immigration related advise:

'I AM NOT AN ATTORNEY LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW AND MAY NOT GIVE LEGAL ADVICE OR ACCEPT FEES FOR LEGAL ADVICE.'

"NO SOY ABOGADO LICENCIADO PRACTICAR LEY Y NO PUEDO DOY ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO O ACEPTO LOS HONORARIOS PARA El ASESORAMIENTO JURÍDICO."

hillarymug-tn.jpghillarypin-rwbt.jpgballoons-tn.jpg

Yeah, last trimester! 2 more months left to go until baby number 2 arrives. Baby number 1 is a handful, and keeps growing like there is no tomorrow! The second baby is also a boy--assuming the ultrasound lady knows her penises. Anyway the fact that one boy was born after 1 sept and the other one before 1 sept means they will only be one year apart in school instead of two. That's good as they can easily follow each other, and play on the same sports teams at times, etc. Everything is going good, wife seems a little extra emotional this time around, but she is hanging in there, home stretch now!

way to go, arte!!!! we will await pics!

"True love is falling in love with your best friend,

and only then, will you find the meaning of happiness."

tony_1.gif

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

well AF showed...onto next month :(

Chrissy UK (Yorkshire) John USA (Minnesota)

20/July/05 Married in Las Vegas!!

AOS approved April 12th 2006!!

4/01/08 mailed I-751 to Nebraska

4/3/08 package arrives at Nebraska

4/11/08 check cashed

4/14/08 recieved NOA extension letter

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

5/02/08 Biometrics scheduled

5/02/08 Biometrics completed in 10 mins!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
And yes, I am sooo glad I had the epidural.

Just curious - how many people's pediatricians see their babies for 1 month old checkups? My doctor and the other 2 in his practice see the babies at 2 weeks and then not again until 2 months.

The epidural was the best thing about labor...i was able to sleep and could not feel a thing!!! My epidural took away all of the feeling!!

My Pediatrician saw Kaila every day she was in the hospital, the week after she got out and a one month check-up....i think the reason she was seen so much is because she was a c-section baby...but i thought every baby got a one month check up...

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
Here's a little video of my babygirl moving, taken the day before yesterday: http://s181.photobucket.com/albums/x244/Ev...nt=MOV04282.flv

aaaww that is sssoo cute!! I miss when Kaila used to do that!! It was fun to watch her try and move all around....except when i was trying to sleep... :lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

all this talk of epidurals being soo great makes me jealous....lol...why didnt mine work? even after taking it out and retrying, the pain never subsided, oh well i guess,im alive, and it wasnt that bad!!

I use the playtex drop ins...THEY ARE WONDERFUL and yes BPA free

does anyone here have experience with a colic baby? Im pretty sure zaid has it, i am calling the doctors office later, but about 4-5 days out of the week from ohh...5pm til 8 or 9pm, he screams, like he is being abused, for no reason...and wont surrender...we will get him in the tub (cuz he loves it) or take a walk to try and calm him, and he will , but only for 5 mins or so...it breaks my heart because the ENTIRE rest of the day hes such a happy calm baby...always smiling, and such...any input is appreciated

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Timeline
The second baby is also a boy--assuming the ultrasound lady knows her penises.

:lol: LOL, congrats! boys rule! no idea how I could handle 2 of them but it's great that they're so close in age!

well AF showed...onto next month :(

ughhh.. sorry. But if it works next month you will have an april baby like me! :yes: and that's a good thing.

does anyone here have experience with a colic baby? Im pretty sure zaid has it, i am calling the doctors office later, but about 4-5 days out of the week from ohh...5pm til 8 or 9pm, he screams, like he is being abused, for no reason...and wont surrender...we will get him in the tub (cuz he loves it) or take a walk to try and calm him, and he will , but only for 5 mins or so...it breaks my heart because the ENTIRE rest of the day hes such a happy calm baby...always smiling, and such...any input is appreciated

uh-oh. might be colic. I got a couple tricks up my sleeve from nursing school, but the most important thing is to keep your cool even if its hard. flip him over and carry him around with your arm supporting his belly. you could try putting him to sleep on his belly- but only do this when u can watch him for SIDS reasons.

sometimes it helps when you try to make him poop. Put him on his back and massage his belly clock-wise with one hand. Insert a rectal thermometer with the other hand - until he lets out gas or some poop.

If his belly is generally very hard and you think he has a lot of painful gas in there, ask your pediatrician if he'd recommend these anti-gas drops for babies.

You could also try to put him into a sling or put something warm on his tummy.

I hope that some of that will help you!

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008

Filed: Country: Pitcairn Islands
Timeline
I don´t like vasectomies and things like that :blush:

Not for everyone. In our case, I don't think we are responsible enough for anything less after the IUD failed to work out. It is a fairly drastic solution and one that I am glad that we took. Case in point: My husband is starting to fencesit again about having more children just because he started working and doesn't have to watch our daughter all day anymore. You see, he wants kids when he isn't the one that has to take care of them all the time. You should have heard all the blessing for the procedure from him before he started this job. :bonk:

At anyrate, a reversal is not pending. If he still feels this way 18 months from now, we will revisit the issue. I have some doubt it will be the case. If he wants another, we can discuss it. I think a lot of things would have to be different though. At the moment, I am very happy with just my daughter and feel I don't want to press my luck with another. My mother did that with me and my sister. I was a great baby. So great my father pushed my mother for another. Then they had my sister. She may have been delivered by the Devil himself by all accounts. :whistle:

well AF showed...onto next month

I am sorry to hear that. I wish you luck for the next cycle!

Timeline

ok is anyone pretty up on there knowledge of cycles and stuff? this may sound like a silly question but if you have your period that means you ovulate right?

4/11/08 check cashed

4/26/08 recieved biometrics appointment letter plus it looks like our case has been forwarded to California!

Woo Hoo....8/28/08 Recieved 10yr Greencard in mail, no approved email!! We are done!!!

.png

.png

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline
ok is anyone pretty up on there knowledge of cycles and stuff? this may sound like a silly question but if you have your period that means you ovulate right?

Not necessarily Chrissy. Go to mothering.com and click on discussions. They have an entire forum for TTC (Trying to conceive) and they are the MASTERS of charting cycles, temperature, cervical mucus etc...it's crazy. I'm not that experienced with it. I only watched my cervical mucus and when it looked like I ovulated we did our laundry and I was knocked up again. Sorry AF showed up again. Wishing you all the best and keeping my fingers crossed for you. http://www.mothering.com/discussions/forumdisplay.php?f=178

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Welcome back Artegal. I think I had sent you a PM a couple of weeks back. I was wondering how you were doing. Good to see that everythign is going fine and congratulations on your baby boy. I have only nine weeks to go, yey. Went to the doc yesterday. I haven't gained any weight since last time BUT when I went last time (the day after they gave me 6liters of IV fluid at the hospital, remember?) I had gained 6lbs in two weeks (due to the fluid I guess) so I didn't expect any weight gain this time. My blood pressure is great, baby is good, urin is good etc...The doc keeps congratulating me to my beautiful skinny legs and fingers, haha. He said I was the best patient but I overheard him say that to another lady too...so I guess he's just trying to charm his way around :lol: . I like him though.

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

03/19/2008 - package sent to TSC, let's hope for the best

03/20/2008 - check cashed

03/26/2008 - case sent to Vermont Service Center

04/17/2008 - Biometrics scheduled

05/19/2008 - received I551 extension stamp via INFOPASS

02/12/2009 - APPROVED

02/21/2009 - GC received...no mistakes...valid until 2019

Timeline

ughh its just frustrating, i got pregnant as soon as i came off the pill last time...i dont think it helped that i stopped my pill mid packet. I KNOW i'm fertile, i'm looking at my son right now...just a case of when i suppose

4/11/08 check cashed

.png

.png

Timeline

aww Chrissy, I'm sure it'll work out soon! Have faith. I don't know much about ovulation, I got pregnant taking the pill, haha! maybe your cycle needs a few more weeks to get back on track since you stopped mid-packet.

I wish you all the best!

@Eveline: wow, what? just 9 more weeks??? Time is flying!! Have you picked out any names yet for Adams baby sis? or is that top secret?

R.I.P. Diana

1982-2008