Katz

A very frustrating experience with the NVC.

12 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I called the NVC for the first time last night, and had a very frustrating experience...

Got through pretty quickly, as I called a few minutes after they opened, and got the rudest phone operator I've ever had to deal with.

I gave her our receipt number (she said 'case number' so I presumed she meant receipt number) and she had me repeat it three times (and she didn't repeat it back to me). Now, I know that the Australian accent can sound a little thick to foreigners, but I spoke sloooowly and clearly, and I got the impression that she still couldn't understand me. There were a few moments of silence when she asked:

"What's this for?". That confused me greatly since I'm very sure I chose the correct prompt.

"Uhh, I'm just checking to see if the NVC received my approved I-129F petition?"

(speaking too fast for me to hear clearly): "It's not here yet."

"Oh... Not yet?"

"It's NOT HERE yet." *click*

Now, I know that it must suck having to answer phones all day from stressed out people, but there is NO excuse to act like a raging b*tch and hanging up without so much as a 'thank you' or 'Have a nice day'. I also thought it was odd that she didn't ask what NOA I had, the beneficiary's (and petitioner's) name, date of birth, or anything else. I'm starting to wonder if she put in the wrong number. I've done that myself a few times in the past when logging into the USCIS site. I'm gonna have to ring them back tonight to double check. I hope I get someone else because I know I'll be probably be very rude back this time. Which is NOT a good thing at this stage...

Has anyone else had a bad experience like me? :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

don't worry. i talked to a mean B*ITCH at DOS last night, for the same reason. afterwards i called NVC and talked to a really nice lady.

imagine you would have to do such an annoying job like theirs....... (even more annoying than my current job.....)

we got approved the same day, and nothing from our end either.

want some tea for the waiting time?

Removal of Conditions - Timeline:

5/26/2010: I-751 Received

5/27/2010: NOA

Timeline
don't worry. i talked to a mean B*ITCH at DOS last night, for the same reason. afterwards i called NVC and talked to a really nice lady.

imagine you would have to do such an annoying job like theirs....... (even more annoying than my current job.....)

we got approved the same day, and nothing from our end either.

want some tea for the waiting time?

I have a crappy job too, but I still don't talk to my customers like that...

...But I would like some tea in the meantime, please. Mmm... Tea. :P

Timeline

it's peppermint tea if you don't mind.

the lady at the DOS lied to me, she told me that she couldn't tell me where our case was, unless i had the NVC-case number. WELL; IF I HAD THE STINKING NUMBER I WOULD NOT ASK IF OUR CASE WAS ALREADY AT NVC, RIGHT?????????

but let's wait and drink tea.

want some cherry cake, too?

Timeline
it's peppermint tea if you don't mind.

the lady at the DOS lied to me, she told me that she couldn't tell me where our case was, unless i had the NVC-case number. WELL; IF I HAD THE STINKING NUMBER I WOULD NOT ASK IF OUR CASE WAS ALREADY AT NVC, RIGHT?????????

but let's wait and drink tea.

want some cherry cake, too?

God, what a load of #######... I dread calling that place again. I really do. I still think the lady I got screwed it up. I guess I'll see in 1 1/2 hours.

Mmmm... I LOVE peppermint tea. Ooh! Cherry cake. Yes please! :D

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good morning all,

Congratulations on your approvals. I am so sorry that you had to experience that. We are their customers. If we didn't pay for this process they wouldn't have a job. Inconsiderate buttholes.

I didn't have that experience when I called. The "first" time I called NVC the first thing the lady did was give me my case number.

Heck I think it was NVC. I also called DOS and the lady that assisted me was very nice. The last time I called DOS after four times the young man gave me my fiance interview date.

Try again and PRAY that you will get someone that is kind and considerate while you are on hold.

God Bless

06/13/07 - Sent I-129F

06/14/07 - VSC received petition

06/15/07 - NOA1

06/19/07 - Check cashed EAC # on back of canceled check

06/20/07 - NOA1 Hard Copy received

11/15/07 - NOA2 Approved (no email/no touches)

11/16/07 - Touched

11/26/07 - Called 202-663-1225 Given Case number and petition is loaded (electronically submitted to Lagos)

11/21/07 - NVC mailed to Lagos DHL

11/27/07 - Arrived Lagos Consulate (signed by Godwin)

12/06/07 - Received interview date from State Department (202) 663-1225

12/12/07 - Email from Lagos Embassy packets ready for pickup

01/16/08 - Hakeem picked up packets

02/06/08 - Interview scheduled in Lagos

Timeline
Good morning all,

Congratulations on your approvals. I am so sorry that you had to experience that. We are their customers. If we didn't pay for this process they wouldn't have a job. Inconsiderate buttholes.

I didn't have that experience when I called. The "first" time I called NVC the first thing the lady did was give me my case number.

Heck I think it was NVC. I also called DOS and the lady that assisted me was very nice. The last time I called DOS after four times the young man gave me my fiance interview date.

Try again and PRAY that you will get someone that is kind and considerate while you are on hold.

God Bless

Haha, so true... They tend to forget that...

I'm glad you've had some good experiences with the NVC. I was starting to wonder if this type of thing is standard practice with these people. I'm going to try again in a couple of minutes when they open... Let's hope this time 'round will be a little more successful! :thumbs:

Timeline
Haha, so true... They tend to forget that...

I'm glad you've had some good experiences with the NVC. I was starting to wonder if this type of thing is standard practice with these people. I'm going to try again in a couple of minutes when they open... Let's hope this time 'round will be a little more successful! :thumbs:

cool, maybe you could ask them where our petition is, as well? ;)

I can say that this is not isolated.. I get them MEAN ones all the time..

They are always in a hurry...

IR-1 Visa for Wife

NVC Case Complete = January 2, 2008

Received Packet 4 here in the US (Interview Packet) = January 18, 2008

Case Left NVC Forwarded to USEM Manila = January 23, 2008

SLEC Medical = Jan 31 and Feb 1, 2008 (2 days)

USEM Manila Interview = February 20, 2008 @ 8:30am = DONE! (Status: 2 Months wait is over APPROVED)

CFO Guidance & Counseling = April 17, 2008

Visa in Hand = April 18, 2008 (Our Wedding Anniversary)

Arrival in the US and POE = April 23, 2008 JFK Intl. Airport New York City

Social Security Card = May 2, 2008

Green Card in Hand = August 18,2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Of the, probably 20 times, I have spoken with an operator at NVC, 98% of the time they have been very nice, the other 2% of the time they are obviously soooo bored and sooo hating their job that they speak a mile a minute in robot style.

I'm sorry you had that experience on your first call in!! Every time I have called they ask for the beneficiaries name and date of birth, however since your case hasn't reached them yet they have nothing to verify that against I guess.

Anyway, here is hoping you get someone on the other end of the line who is pleasant :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Of the, probably 20 times, I have spoken with an operator at NVC, 98% of the time they have been very nice, the other 2% of the time they are obviously soooo bored and sooo hating their job that they speak a mile a minute in robot style.

I'm sorry you had that experience on your first call in!! Every time I have called they ask for the beneficiaries name and date of birth, however since your case hasn't reached them yet they have nothing to verify that against I guess.

Anyway, here is hoping you get someone on the other end of the line who is pleasant :)

I have had the same experience. For the most part, I have spoken to some very caring agents; there have been three times now, that I have had the misfortune to get some who fit that negative description.

Some, just lose sight of what we are all experiencing and feeling. Moreover, some I feel, think we are some sort of second-class citizen or potential law violator, because we are going through this process.

It is unfortunate, but this will not change, under the current system and staffing levels vs. workload. ;)

Edited by My Lao Po

I-130 for CR-1/CR-2 Timeline:

Married in Guangzhou, China 12-2006.

05/03/07: I-130's for CR-1 and CR-2 mailed to CSC via USPS

06/23/07: NOA-1/I-797C's.

11/06/07: NOA-2’s were issued. CR-1/2 Abandoned, for K-3/4.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I-129F for K-3/K-4 Timeline:

06/11/07: I-129F for K-3/K-4 mailed to Chicago.

06/13/07: Received at Chicago.

06/15/07: Received NOA-1 Form I-797C, from Chicago.

06/26/07: E-mail notice of transfer to the CSC.

11/06/07: NOA-2 approval issued for the I-129F.

12/06/07: I-129F for K-3/4 has been received at the NVC.

06/02/08: Interview passed at US Consulate Guangzhou

06/06/08: Return together and arrive at POE LAX.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

AOS K-3/K-4 I-485/I-765 Timeline:

03-25-09: Mailed files.

03-27-09: Received at Chicago.

04-02-09: NOA’s for (K-3 and K-4) I-485 and I-765.

04-03-09: Both checks ($1010.00 and $600.00) cashed.

04-07-09: NOA’s Biometrics Appt.

04-14-09: Both I-765 files entered into the online system.

04-24-09: Biometrics appt. completed.

05-07-09: NOA with Interview Date of June 16, 2009.

05-21-09: Now have both I-485 files viewable.

05-23-09: EAD card production ordered x2.

06-01-09: EAD cards received in mail.

06-18-09: AOS Interviews completed and GC production ordered.

06-22-09: Welcome letters received.

07-07-09: 10 year Green Cards arrive. PM 07-01-09.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Some, just lose sight of what we are all experiencing and feeling. Moreover, some I feel, think we are some sort of second-class citizen or potential law violator, because we are going through this process.

I have to comment on this.

I think that, maybe, you are reading too much in to their attitude.

I doubt that many of them think immigrants are second-class citizens or law violators.

If you call customer service at some store, or say the post office, and they are rude and short with you, this wouldn't cross your mind. I don't think people working at the NVC are any different. They got up this morning and brushed their teeth and had their coffee and fought the traffic on the way to work. They are looking at the clock wondering what they will have for lunch (not pondering new immigrants law breaking tendencies :) ).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.