Singers

Weight Loss Thread

1,000 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
You know that UPS idea is fantastic. I'll apply for a job there. Do they pay well?

less than you make now.........

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 999
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Timeline
You know that UPS idea is fantastic. I'll apply for a job there. Do they pay well?

less than you make now.........

and I have to wear an uniform? naw, I'll pass :P

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

I am getting bigger everyday! :crying: I've been trying to lose weight but I don't have the motivation to do so..

Yes I will insist Gary and Robin do also. We are family of big people :blush::P

Yay! The motivation thingy is here!!! My hubby surprise me today !! I got my early Christmas presents!! Thanks sweetie, love u !!! :luv::luv: The threadmill is on its way woot! :dance:

I called this now as a family starter..the three of us will challenge each other and there is a reward who lose weight and inches, lol! :P

We are going to start some stretching and cut back with the foods ( can't resist the holidays goodies :P ) but really get serious by next month to start the year right, so help us God!!! (F)

100_9166.jpg

100_9167.jpg

100_9188.jpg

This is the link where we get our baby ...in case someone interested.. :)

http://www.bowflexshop.com/bhg_microsite/p...de+Home+Gym.jsp

:dance: :dance: :dance:

LUZ.gif

Bible.jpgcm66.gifFor my dear Mother - May 10 '44 -Sept 14 '07

Filed: Other Timeline

I'd like to mourn the passing of my diet today.. :crying:

It was so ugly, there were cookies and chocolate everywhere! The poor diet raged! raged! against the dying of the light but the poor thing didn't stand a chance. In one fatal blow, it was taken out with a chunk of chocolate fudge followed up with a glass of holiday punch. :devil:

I guess that means I'll have to be one of those people that starts the year with a diet resolution.... :blush:

Nothing I say is legal advice. I recommend you consult a qualified immigration attorney for any questions you may have.

I'd like to mourn the passing of my diet today.. :crying:

It was so ugly, there were cookies and chocolate everywhere! The poor diet raged! raged! against the dying of the light but the poor thing didn't stand a chance. In one fatal blow, it was taken out with a chunk of chocolate fudge followed up with a glass of holiday punch. :devil:

I guess that means I'll have to be one of those people that starts the year with a diet resolution.... :blush:

:lol:

See? I told you..can't resist right? :devil::lol::P

Good luck to us next year!! woohooo!!!

LUZ.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I lost 7 pounds!

This week I stuck to a strict diet after ordering too much food at Baha Fresh last weekend, it was good, but I felt the need to detoxify myself. So I stuck to a lot of fruits and vegetables.

YAY for finally getting somewhere.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance: [/font][/size][/color]

dang those things are expensive. Which one did he buy?

I lost 7 pounds!

This week I stuck to a strict diet after ordering too much food at Baha Fresh last weekend, it was good, but I felt the need to detoxify myself. So I stuck to a lot of fruits and vegetables.

YAY for finally getting somewhere.

Congratulations :thumbs:

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance: [/font][/size][/color]

I thought these were to tone the muscles not to loose weight. To loose you gotz to sweat. I hate sweating :wacko: so I can't loose anything :(

Edited by Nanusia & Lukaszek
12140.gif

Timeline
I thought these were to tone the muscles not to loose weight. To loose you gotz to sweat. I hate sweating :wacko: so I can't loose anything :(

Working out without aerobic exercise (treadmills, etc) will also help you lose weight. Maybe not that quick, but by building muscles you are able to burn more calories.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Working out without aerobic exercise (treadmills, etc) will also help you lose weight. Maybe not that quick, but by building muscles you are able to burn more calories.

It also depends on how you workout with resistance training (lifting weights, bowflex). Minimizing rest between sets (less than 30 seconds) helps, circuit training - where you do one set of one exercise, then without resting, do a set of another exercise will keep your heart rate elevated.

I try to do 20-30 minutes on an elyptical or treadmill after about 30-40 minutes of weight training. The downside if I do at night is that I'll sometimes get hungry before bedtime. Eating after 8pm, or right before going to sleep, is one of the surest ways to gain weight.

Timeline
I try to do 20-30 minutes on an elyptical or treadmill after about 30-40 minutes of weight training. The downside if I do at night is that I'll sometimes get hungry before bedtime. Eating after 8pm, or right before going to sleep, is one of the surest ways to gain weight.

I quit working out at nights years ago. But while in college, with college + work that wasn't possible. But if you can choose to work out early in the morning it's better.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

Timeline
100_9188.jpg

Sis, you really look great....like you are eating and exercising right! :thumbs: I've been trying to limit how much soda Jinky and Job drinks here because the Coke here is not made with sugar, but high fructose corn syrup which I believe makes kids fat and puts them at risk for diabetes. Jinky loves her Coke, but we don't normally buy it at the store. Job isn't much of a vegetable eater and his mom has some crazy ways of feeding him - like offering cookies for breakfast. :wacko::P It was a wake-up call for her when Job told her that his teacher said his snacks for school need to be healthy snacks, not cakes and cookies. :lol:

Anyway, for anyone here trying to diet - eliminate as much as you can, sugar (in all it's forms) from your food intake.

Timeline

I quit working out at nights years ago. But while in college, with college + work that wasn't possible. But if you can choose to work out early in the morning it's better.

Yeah, I've tried off and on with morning workouts, but I'm so groggy. My company is about to relocate close to a 24HR Fitness Sport....I only have the standard membership, but I'm going to wait until they offer a special and upgrade so I can go workout during my lunch.

Timeline

I don't work out on mornings because I start working at 7:30 and no way I'll wake up at 4:30 to work out. But since I can work out at 1530, it's not a problem.

* K1 Timeline *

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *

* LOC Timeline *

Complete Timeline

This one Bowflex® Blaze™ Home Gym and this is what I want next: a treadclimber.

Both are beneficial for the three of us. :dance: I really have to be serious..I look and walk like a penguin now :lol:

LUZ.gif