You are not logged in. Click here to register
Registered members can access many other great features such as finding other local VJ members from their country!
Pages: 1 2 3 Last (Viewing page 1 of 116 )
|Adjustment of Status Packet Review/Checklist
Read 257 Times
So my fiance officially became my husband two days ago!!
We have been working on our AOS packet all day, but we are still a little worried that we might be missing some vital documents. We also have a few questions, if someone could please answer them that would be much appreciated.
I will start with the list of everything I have compiled into the packet, and I will list them all in the order that they will be in the packet. If I am missing ANYTHING or if the order of the documents are out of line, PLEASE let me know.
- Money order- HOW MUCH IS IT EXACTLY. WITH BIOMETRICS, GREEN CARD, EAD, AP
- Cover Sheet- Non-USC Contact information, "Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application," Table of Contents, signed and dated. DOES THE USC(ME) HAVE TO ADD MY CONTACT INFORMATION TOO?
- Form I-485
- Copy of non-USC passport- Bio page and entry stamp DO WE NEED A COPY OF THE USC PASSPORT?
- Copy of non-USC K-1 Visa
- Copy of NOA-2 for I-129F
- Electronic I-94 Copy print out
- Copy of non-USC Birth Certificate- Native Language copy AND English Translation DO WE NEED A COPY OF THE USC BIRTH CERTIFICATE?
- Certified copy of our marriage certificate!!
- g-352A for Non-USC DO WE NEED ONE FOR THE USC?
- 2 passport pictures with A# on the back in a clear baggie with Non-USC name written on it- On other posts I read that they have submitted SIX passport pictures (2 for I-485, 2 FOR I-131, 2 FOR I-765) SHOULD I DO THIS AS WELL??
- Form DS-3025- We didn't file the I-693 because according to very well recieved thread, our DS-3025 met all the vaccine requirements, signatures, dates, etc.
- I-864 #1: for the PETITIONER - As of now I am unemployed, but from what I read I, the USC, still must fill out the I-864.
- Tax Return for 2013, 2012, 2011
- with the W2s
- Bank statement for 6 months
- I cannot provide a Letter of employment or current pay stubs as I am unemployed, is this okay?
- Copy of Drivers License, and passport
- I-864 #2: for the JOINT SPONSOR- His sister-in-law is our co-sponsor and does not live with us. Her income for 2013 was $38,902. Her household includes her and her husband, and one elderly dependent: TOTAL of 3. She is eligible to be a joint sponsor correct? Just to clarify, THE JOINT SPONSOR MUST FILL OUT 1-864 AND NOT I-864A
- Tax return for 2013, 2012, 2011
- with W2s
- Bank statements for 6 months
- Pay stubs for 6 months
- Copy of Drivers License and passport
- IS THIS ALL OF THE REQUIRED SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENTS FOR THE I-864??
- Form I-765- Do I attach two passport pictures to this form separately from the 2 pictures submitted with the I-485??
- Form I-131- Do I attach two passport pictures to this form separately from the 2 pictures submitted with the I-485 and the 2 pictures submitted with the I-765??
So that is my list, including my questions! Sorry I know I just said a few questions but I have a couple of more.
- Just to clarify, I can send in all of these forms (495, 765, 864, 131) all in one envelope to the Chicago address?
- Also what is the Chicago Lockbox address?
- Should I add the required documents for each Form separately? For example: Form I-765 states "you must submit a government issued identity document" (passport, visa, etc.) I have already included copies of the passport, birth certificates etc with the packet but should I still add them again with each form?
- Just to clarify, since all forms are being filed together I do not have to pay separately for the 131 and 765?
- I keep reading that my forms must have this 2-D BARCODE on them, but none of mine have them, why is that?
Thanks for all of your help in advance! I know I asked a million questions!
Read 177 Times
So I'd like to report that my case is moving along at an amazing speed.
His POE was on JUNE 24, 2014. We applied for his social security card on JULY 1, 2014, and it was recieved today JULY 8, 2014.
I am looking at the checklist for the K1 AOS flowchart and Step 20 states "Complete I-693." Can someone please explain to me this process?
Shouldn't his medical exam be documented already when he was issued the K1 Visa? We no longer have a copy of his medical exam because it was turned in at the airport when he entered the US? Does this mean that he has to retake his medical exam and all his vaccines again? Or will the fact that he was issued the K1 Visa be sufficient evidence that he recieved all the vaccines.
|Point of Entry- San Francisco
Read 285 Times
Today my fiance and I got down to SFO. We both filled out 2 different customs forms, but when we got to the front of the Non-Citizen (even though I am a citizen,) line the officer threw his form out and used mine for both. He looked at our passports and took my fiance's fingerprints and photo of his eye. He asked a couple of questions like how do you know each other, when are you getting married, etc. Overall he was really nice. Then he sent us to a back room for secondary reasons (to give the yellow packet he recieved from the embassy.) When we entered there were about 25 people waiting in the room. We dropped off the packet and both of our passports at the front. After about waiting for 30 minutes, my fiance was called over by a really nice officer to ask him a few questions. He asked me to wait in the waiting room. After about 10 minutes my fiance came back with both of our passports. He was asked things like where have you lived, you know you have 90 days to get married, etc. His was stamped on his visa and was written that he can stay until September 21, 2014. None of the papers in the yellow packet were given back. Then at the baggage area the officer there once again asked us when we were getting married, what we did for a living, etc. He also checked our bags. Finally, we were able to exit(:
Now my questions are:
1) Is everyone sent into the secondary room, or were we sent in for random reasons (fishiness, country of origin, random security check, etc.?)
2)We were not given any of his documents from the sealed embassy envelope or any new documents stating that he has entered. We only recieved his passport with the stamp. I am really nervous about this. Is this normal?
3) Now that he is here, WHAT ARE MY NEXT STEPS so he can become a permanent resident. Can someone please send me a link.
Pages: 1 2 3 Last (Viewing page 1 of 116 )
Recent Visa Approvals
Newest Afghanistan Members
( view all )
Top Posting Members
#1 usui takumi
#6 him & me