You are not logged in. Click here to register
Registered members can access many other great features such as finding other local VJ members from their country!
Pages: 1 2 3 Last (Viewing page 1 of 117 )
|Fiance visa or marrying abroad? (split)
Read 229 Times
I am a US citizen in Alaska. My fiance is from AFG. We have been working on the 129F form and are meeting in October to fulfill that requirement. My friend, who is from Ukraine, suggested we get married while we are in Dubai and then work on Spouse paperwork instead. I am not seeing any benefits to this, time or money saved. In fact, the charts I was reading earlier looked like it takes longer as a spouse. Maybe I was looking at the K-3 stuff. Am I missing something?
I just read this
"If you plan to marry a foreign national outside the United States or your fiancé(e) is already residing legally in the United States, you do not need to file for a fiancé(e) visa. See the “Green Card” link to the right." from http://www.uscis.gov/. And this:
"Get a Green Card While Outside the United States
If you are currently outside the United States and are an immediate relative of a U.S. citizen, you can become a permanent resident through consular processing. Consular processing is when USCIS works with the Department of State to issue a visa on an approved Form I-130 petition when a visa is available."
--So I would not fill out a CR1? Just an I-130?
What is the best course of action? We want to do what is fastest and cheapest, or course. Please help!
|Adjustment of Status Packet Review/Checklist
Read 460 Times
So my fiance officially became my husband two days ago!!
We have been working on our AOS packet all day, but we are still a little worried that we might be missing some vital documents. We also have a few questions, if someone could please answer them that would be much appreciated.
I will start with the list of everything I have compiled into the packet, and I will list them all in the order that they will be in the packet. If I am missing ANYTHING or if the order of the documents are out of line, PLEASE let me know.
- Money order- HOW MUCH IS IT EXACTLY. WITH BIOMETRICS, GREEN CARD, EAD, AP
- Cover Sheet- Non-USC Contact information, "Immediate Relative (Spouse) Family Based Adjustment of Status Application," Table of Contents, signed and dated. DOES THE USC(ME) HAVE TO ADD MY CONTACT INFORMATION TOO?
- Form I-485
- Copy of non-USC passport- Bio page and entry stamp DO WE NEED A COPY OF THE USC PASSPORT?
- Copy of non-USC K-1 Visa
- Copy of NOA-2 for I-129F
- Electronic I-94 Copy print out
- Copy of non-USC Birth Certificate- Native Language copy AND English Translation DO WE NEED A COPY OF THE USC BIRTH CERTIFICATE?
- Certified copy of our marriage certificate!!
- g-352A for Non-USC DO WE NEED ONE FOR THE USC?
- 2 passport pictures with A# on the back in a clear baggie with Non-USC name written on it- On other posts I read that they have submitted SIX passport pictures (2 for I-485, 2 FOR I-131, 2 FOR I-765) SHOULD I DO THIS AS WELL??
- Form DS-3025- We didn't file the I-693 because according to very well recieved thread, our DS-3025 met all the vaccine requirements, signatures, dates, etc.
- I-864 #1: for the PETITIONER - As of now I am unemployed, but from what I read I, the USC, still must fill out the I-864.
- Tax Return for 2013, 2012, 2011
- with the W2s
- Bank statement for 6 months
- I cannot provide a Letter of employment or current pay stubs as I am unemployed, is this okay?
- Copy of Drivers License, and passport
- I-864 #2: for the JOINT SPONSOR- His sister-in-law is our co-sponsor and does not live with us. Her income for 2013 was $38,902. Her household includes her and her husband, and one elderly dependent: TOTAL of 3. She is eligible to be a joint sponsor correct? Just to clarify, THE JOINT SPONSOR MUST FILL OUT 1-864 AND NOT I-864A
- Tax return for 2013, 2012, 2011
- with W2s
- Bank statements for 6 months
- Pay stubs for 6 months
- Copy of Drivers License and passport
- IS THIS ALL OF THE REQUIRED SUPPLEMENTARY DOCUMENTS FOR THE I-864??
- Form I-765- Do I attach two passport pictures to this form separately from the 2 pictures submitted with the I-485??
- Form I-131- Do I attach two passport pictures to this form separately from the 2 pictures submitted with the I-485 and the 2 pictures submitted with the I-765??
So that is my list, including my questions! Sorry I know I just said a few questions but I have a couple of more.
- Just to clarify, I can send in all of these forms (495, 765, 864, 131) all in one envelope to the Chicago address?
- Also what is the Chicago Lockbox address?
- Should I add the required documents for each Form separately? For example: Form I-765 states "you must submit a government issued identity document" (passport, visa, etc.) I have already included copies of the passport, birth certificates etc with the packet but should I still add them again with each form?
- Just to clarify, since all forms are being filed together I do not have to pay separately for the 131 and 765?
- I keep reading that my forms must have this 2-D BARCODE on them, but none of mine have them, why is that?
Thanks for all of your help in advance! I know I asked a million questions!
Pages: 1 2 3 Last (Viewing page 1 of 117 )
Recent Visa Approvals
Newest Afghanistan Members
( view all )
Top Posting Members
#1 usui takumi
#6 him & me