Matt_Stevens

How can I get copies of my tax returns?

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Do a search - they have a toll free number you can call And the copies are free (they are actually transcripts but are accepted everywhere.) Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Thread topic says it all. I need the last three years. How can I get copies? Is that even possible?

Matt,

You will need last 3 years of W2's and 1040 forms. I also had my 1040's notorized, may not needed but notorized anyway.

K1____Timeline

California processing center

Consulate: HCMC

I-129F sent ----------------------------------09/20/2005

NOA 1 (receipt)------------------------------09/27/2005

NOA 2 (approved)----------- ---------------12/12/2005

Package received by NVC------------------12/23/2005

Package left NVC----------------------------12/30/2005

Received by consulate----------------------01/04/2006

Recieved instructions (pkt 3)---------------01/27/2006

Date completed instructions (pkt 3)-------02/28/2006

Date recieved appointment letter (pkt4)--03/23/2006

Interview Date-------------------------------04/24/2006

Recieved visa--------------------------------04/27/2006

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Thread topic says it all. I need the last three years. How can I get copies? Is that even possible?

It depends on what you need. If you just need tax transcripts, then you can just easily call up the IRS 1-800 number and order them for free through their automated system. That's what I did just recently. You can order up to 10 different copies (I think that's the amount)......per call. I did this about 2 weeks ago and in the past week, I found a whole wad of transcipts in my mailbox. It was pretty quick. I ordered several copies of each tax year in case I needed extra and just as a precaution so it would not delay the paperwork I intend to file.

Now, if you need the actual tax "return" copy, then that is a different story. There is a charge for each tax return copy. I originally did that once.......only to later learn that tax "transcripts" would be accepted. It also took a few months to get the tax "return" copies.......as opposed to the copy of the "trancripts" which took less than 2 weeks to receive.

April 16, 2004 Married in Saint Augustine, Florida.

March 7, 2005 Wife left for Istanbul to serve J-1 2 year HRR. Was a very bad day at Black Rock.

May 23, 2006 USCIS receives application for I-130

June 12, 2006 Noa1

Sept 7, 2006 Noa2 I-130 approved

Oct 10 ,2006 Received fee bill from NVC

Nov 13 ,2006 Received Packet 2 DS-230

Jan 4, 2007 Mailed Packet 2 to NVC

Jan 22, 2007 RFE from NVC aaarrrrgggghhh!!!!!!!!

Feb 28, 2007 NVC received "checklist" response and original documents for the RFE

March 13, 2007 Case completed at NVC! Whoooohoooo!! Ankara, here we come!!!!

March 15, 2007 Case fowarded to Ankara Embassy

April 4, 2007 Interview. Wife gets handed the little green paper. Not good. Need to submit a few more things.

April 9, 2007 Items mailed back to Embassy. Crossing fingers, rubbing the "rabbit's foot", etc,..that this may FINALLY be the end.

April 14, 2007 Visa delivered! Wife is finally going to be on her way back home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 20, 2007 Wife enters through JFK. The days of grabbing my dinners at the WalMart deli....are now officially over!!!

Stay tuned to this channel for further updates..........

Check here: www.irs.gov

http://www.irs.gov/newsroom/article/0,,id=148237,00.html

Edited by jasman0717

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Filed: Other Timeline

Matt - check the I-134 and I-864 instructions specifically about self-employed individuals - that's what you are, right?

I don't know if transcripts will be enough or if you need full copies. A self-employed person may need full copies - I'm not sure - just tipping you off on what to request.

Filed: Timeline

Oh God, how can I get my W2's if my ex shredded them? I have been self employed since Summer of 2004, so obviously for 1/2 of 2004 and before that I need the info.

Good grief. My case is bound to get shived in the sh!tter. :( If I cannot provide certain info because my ex was a vindictive *****, then that's that. I cannot provide the info.

Can I call my ex employers and ask for copies of the old W2's?

Edited by Matt_Stevens

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Well you should at least have your '05 return which was filed this year. Thats a start. Surely she did not get that information as well.

Rich

08.15.2005 Mailed I-129F USPS

01.11.2006 P.O.E Seattle. Welcome to the U.S.A.

02.10.2006 Married

AOS Journey

03.27.2006 I-485 Mailed

08.21.2006 Green Card Arrivesl

11.19.2006 Emma is born

Removing Conditions

07.07.2008 I-751 Mailed

04.30.2009 Date of Decision: Approved

05.14.2010 Lilly is born

Citizenship: The Final Chapter

10.26.2010 N-400 Mailed

11.02.2010 NOA

11.05.2010 Biometrics Letter

11.10.2010 Biometrics Completed (walk-in)

04.13.2011 Interview

04.13.2011 Oath

Filed: Timeline

No, I just mailed it in last week. But of course, last year I made no money. Nothing. I am hoping she has her interview before I am required to turn in this year's return. But I doubt it. :(

WHy did I make no money? Long story, but being a writer can mean long periods where you are working on a project and not making jack. :(

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Had X also destroy taxes, other imp. papers including basicly everything I owned when I told her I had enough. Know exactly how you feel.

My tax lady got me a fresh copy and also called the automated Irs number to fax back trascripts. go to IRS website. good luck.

10Yr GC arrived 07/02/09 - Naturalization is next

The drama begins - again!

And now the drama ends - they took the Green card . . .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

The IRS also provides transcripts of your W-2s. We had no problem using those.

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.