Jacque67

Revealed: 50 million Facebook profiles harvested for Cambridge Analytica in major data breach

170 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jacque67 said:

Zuckerberg was smart to dump stocks before this came out.

This was a good article that came out by CNBC detailing about how the leadership at FB has been non-existent.

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2018/03/18/facebook-failing-zuckerberg-and-sandberg-absent-commentary.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I don't get the outrage from all of this. I kinda figured they were doing it anyway.

You think that Facebook met their commitment to you?  

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-facebook-cambridge-analytica-britain/uk-authorities-seek-warrant-to-search-cambridge-analytica-offices-idUSKBN1GV2OQ

UK authorities seek warrant to search Cambridge Analytica offices

LONDON (Reuters) - Britain’s data protection authority plans to seek a warrant to search the offices on Tuesday of London-based political consulting firm Cambridge Analytica, UK Information Commissioner Elizabeth Denham told Channel 4 News on Monday.

Channel 4 broadcast secretly taped interviews with senior Cambridge Analytica executives in which they boasted of their ability to sway elections in countries around the world with a menu of digital manipulation and traditional political trickery.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I don't get the outrage from all of this. I kinda figured they were doing it anyway.

As I mentioned earlier, Obama was praised for it in 2012.  Just google “Obama data mining 2012” and you will find several articles fawning all over it.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Nice whataboutism.

meanwhile Alex Stamos (chief strategy officer) after deleting a bunch of tweets is stepping down..

and from Damian Collins

Facebook have confirmed that auditors and legal counsel acting on behalf of the company were in the offices of Cambridge Analytica this evening until they were told to stand down by the Information Commissioner. These investigations need to be undertaken by the proper authorities
2 hours ago

Timeline

http://nationalpost.com/pmn/news-pmn/the-latest-former-cambridge-analytica-employee-opens-up

4:10 p.m.

Data from the Federal Election Commission show that Cambridge Analytica, the firm under fire for inappropriately obtaining Facebook data, earned $5.9 million in 2016 from the campaign to elect Donald Trump for president.

Cambridge also earned $5.8 million from Sen. Ted Cruz’s failed presidential campaign.

Cambridge is under increasing scrutiny after newspapers reported the firm obtained data on 50 million Facebook users without their knowledge to subject them to political messages. The company is funded in part by Trump supporter and billionaire financier Robert Mercer.

Facebook suspended the company from using its services Friday, hours before the reports came out.

In total, Cambridge Analytica earned more than $16 million from 2014 to 2016 from nearly 20 Republican candidates and political committees.

Edited by Il Mango Dulce

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Bill & Katya said:

As I mentioned earlier, Obama was praised for it in 2012.  Just google “Obama data mining 2012” and you will find several articles fawning all over it.

As mentioned earlier Data mining in an of itself it not the issue.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline

Facebook Executive Planning to Leave Company Amid Disinformation Backlash https://nyti.ms/2u3gNuk

By Nicole Perlroth, Sheera Frenkel and Scott Shane

March 19, 2018

As Facebook grapples with a backlash over its role in spreading disinformation, an internal dispute over how to handle the threat and the public outcry is resulting in the departure of a senior executive.

The impending exit of that executive — Alex Stamos, Facebook’s chief information security officer — reflects heightened leadership tension at the top of the social network. Much of the internal disagreement is rooted in how much Facebook should publicly share about how nation states misused the platform and debate over organizational changes in the run-up to the 2018 midterm elections, according to current and former employees briefed on the matter.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
10 hours ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

As mentioned earlier Data mining in an of itself it not the issue.

It isn't?  What is the issue now?  Is the issue that it is OK for an MDL candidate to use data analytic firms to data mine information to drive their campaign advertising strategy, and not ok for an MOR candidate to do the same thing?  Look on the bright side, maybe this will mean the end of Facebook, and the sheep will head back to MySpace.

Edited by Bill & Katya

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Bill & Katya said:

It isn't?  What is the issue now?  Is the issue that it is OK for an MDL candidate to use data analytic firms to data mine information to drive their campaign advertising strategy, and not ok for an MOR candidate to do the same thing?  Look on the bright side, maybe this will mean the end of Facebook, and the sheep will head back to MySpace.

"Is the issue that it is OK for an MDL candidate to use data analytic firms to data mine information to drive their campaign advertising strategy, and not ok for an MOR candidate to do the same thing?"

No that's not the issue.

ftiq8me9uwr01.jpg

Timeline

Ha ! FB is demanding to inspect Wylie's phone and computer. 

CA tweeted that "no FB data was used by our science team in 2016 presidential campaign " and deleted this 3 mins later. Where is Zuckerberg? Rebekah should be locked up. 

Timeline
27 minutes ago, Il Mango Dulce said:

"Is the issue that it is OK for an MDL candidate to use data analytic firms to data mine information to drive their campaign advertising strategy, and not ok for an MOR candidate to do the same thing?"

No that's not the issue.

A shady Russia connected researcher pays 200K plus people to use an "academic" app which vacuums up their entire social graphs/ likes to store analyses. Hmm. Guess this thread wasn't so lame...

Timeline

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-03-20/ftc-said-to-be-probing-facebook-for-use-of-personal-data

FTC probing FB for probing personal data, source says. Where's Zuckerberg? Is he touring middle America like last year, or is he hiding in the broom cupboard like Assange?