rooji

Mother-in-law is PR but want to apply for daughter back hom

83 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Your MIL  should have filed i 130 for your SIL by now so that your SIL should at least have gotten in waiting line for immigrant visa.  Two things you are missing in all the conversation are:  a- Your MIL can get reentry permit twice ie for a period of total 4 years which is more than enough to stay in Pakistan and search/find a match for your SIL.. b- if your SIL gets married i 130 will become invalid as she wont be eligible for F2 b category. So your husband or your SIL1 should also apply for her  simultaneously in F4 category,  so that if she gets married she is able to migrate along with her spouse/family.

Filed: Timeline
1 minute ago, rooji said:

So that is where the problem comes in. I am not sure if you are aware of how our culture works but once a girl is married and with her husband and has kids, it is not considered a good thing for her to move to her mother's house or parents house leaving her kids and husband. my SIL1 has 2 young kids, a toddler and an infant, who got sick last time she took them to Pakistan. Plus my SIL1 has a loving husband who doesn't want to be away from her for too long.

It's extreme but have the entire SIL1 family move over to Pakistan while waiting for SIL2 (rent a separate home from MIL). FWIW, I'm not aware of all the cultures in the world there are just to many to know/understand. There is no quick solution to the immigration issue.  

Filed: Timeline
12 minutes ago, rooji said:

I am aware that husband is immediate relative and the process is different, but the wait time is still dependent on each case. every case is different. I know people who have waited or are waiting to be reunited with their spouse and its been 2 years to say the least. The recent rules have been changing and will be changing, it is getting harder for muslim families to be united with their loved ones.

I am not sure what you mean by the "logical outcomes."

Medical care in US is harder due to the way system is. it is ten times more to pay for the care and not everyone is able to covered. I am very well aware of it. My father who had a surgery last year could not be covered by the government because he is known as "businessman" even though his work is project based and his income is less than average but yet to be covered by the government he has to be completely off. the system in US is complicated, it doesn't help middle class families regardless.

as far as my MIL she is new to this country and she does not have a job and to have a job she has to stay here for a while and since this whole situation she has to reconsider her options. once she gives up her green card, it will be harder for her to get it. my SIL1 applied for her thinking that SIL2 would be settled by then but no one knows the future so now that my MIL has a green card, of course we do not want to give it up and then reapply once my SIL2 settles. Like I said my MIL wants to move to US and live with me and my husband and well I have heard that once you give up your green card, it is harder to get it.

I'm not sure it will be that much harder for your MIL. They may ask why during her interview and she can explain.

5 minutes ago, kausar said:

Your MIL  should have filed i 130 for your SIL by now so that your SIL should at least have gotten in waiting line for immigrant visa.  Two things you are missing in all the conversation are:  a- Your MIL can get reentry permit twice ie for a period of total 4 years which is more than enough to stay in Pakistan and search/find a match for your SIL.. b- if your SIL gets married i 130 will become invalid as she wont be eligible for F2 b category. So your husband or your SIL1 should also apply for her  simultaneously in F4 category,  so that if she gets married she is able to migrate along with her spouse/family.

Thank you for that response. this is the better one so far. I did tell my MIL to at least start the process but she won't listen, she says it is too much money for her to pay for, even though I have offered but she will not take it. I didn't know about the re-entry process can be total of 4 years but will look into that. I am aware of my SIL2 not being valid for immigration once she is married, which is fine because then she can easily live with her family there.

which begs two question if you can answer: 1) can my MIL apply while in Pakistan? 2) can we start 2 process at the same time?

4 minutes ago, Umka36 said:

It's extreme but have the entire SIL1 family move over to Pakistan while waiting for SIL2 (rent a separate home from MIL). FWIW, I'm not aware of all the cultures in the world there are just to many to know/understand. There is no quick solution to the immigration issue.  

I think my SIL1's husband would be better off here in US where he is making 5 times than what he will be making there. plus he is a cybersecurity person so i doubt he will get much better options there.

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 minutes ago, rooji said:

Thank you for that response. this is the better one so far. I did tell my MIL to at least start the process but she won't listen, she says it is too much money for her to pay for, even though I have offered but she will not take it. I didn't know about the re-entry process can be total of 4 years but will look into that. I am aware of my SIL2 not being valid for immigration once she is married, which is fine because then she can easily live with her family there.

which begs two question if you can answer: 1) can my MIL apply while in Pakistan? 2) can we start 2 process at the same time?

Its better if she applies from US, though it is by mail and can be done from Pakistan. You can submit two petitions simultaneously. 

3 minutes ago, kausar said:

Its better if she applies from US, though it is by mail and can be done from Pakistan. You can submit two petitions simultaneously. 

Thank you I will let her know and will talk to my husband about this now. this gives me clear picture.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Thread locked as requested by the OP~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.