Scodavvyy

Approved Visa Yesterday but Embassy wants me to email scanned I-129F

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hello everyone,

I had my K1 visa interview yesterday in London and was approved, YAY!!, but today I awoke to find an email from LNDIVSubmissions@state.gov telling me they were ready to print my visa however they will need me to scan and email a copy of my approved I129F petition to them at that address.

I'm confused.

They sent me the approved I129F, why don't they have a copy on file?. I had it with me at the interview but no one asked for it. After searching I can't find another instance of anyone being asked this. Am I being paranoid?. I don't want to hold up my visa being sent it just seems odd.

Anyone else get asked this?

Thank you

Dave

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No, the embassy didn't send you the NOA2, USCIS did.

It is recommended to take a copy of the I-129f NOA2 approval notice with you to interview in case it is asked for.

Email them a copy soon so they can issue your visa and be done!  This is an easy one!

Timeline

Thank you for you reply LionessDeon.

I'm aware that the NOA2 came from USCIS but the copy of the I-129F with the approved stamp had a cover letter from the US embassy and a UK postmark indicating to me that it was sent from the embassy. Unless there is a branch of the USCIS in the embassy sending out approved I-129F's and refusing to talk to consular services in the same building it puzzles me why they would need me to send this or didn't ask for it at the interview. I would have also thought there would be a version of it available electronically to all branches dealing with it but ...... I know I know .. I'm trying to apply rationality to bureaucracy and that way lies madness. :unsure:

I've referred it to our immigration lawyer to see if they have any other clients who have been asked to do this. 

2 hours ago, Scodavvyy said:

Hello everyone,

I had my K1 visa interview yesterday in London and was approved, YAY!!, but today I awoke to find an email from LNDIVSubmissions@state.gov telling me they were ready to print my visa however they will need me to scan and email a copy of my approved I129F petition to them at that address.

I'm confused.

They sent me the approved I129F, why don't they have a copy on file?. I had it with me at the interview but no one asked for it. After searching I can't find another instance of anyone being asked this. Am I being paranoid?. I don't want to hold up my visa being sent it just seems odd.

Thank you

Dave

Congratulations on the approval! It's likely just a case of somebody forgot to scan it or the file got corrupted and deleted - stuff like that happens sometimes, it's nothing sinister and once you send what they want over, all will be fine :)

Edited by Adam&Allison

"Let us not seek the Republican answer or the Democratic answer, but the right answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future." - John F. Kennedy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Right!  My personal journey was so long and stressful, I kind of learned to pick my battles.  The hows and whys rarely matter where immigration is involved and I learned to give them what they ask for.  It's so much less stress!  Who knows someone most likely misplaced it.  Regardless, If it were me I would just get them an email with the attachment today.  Hopefully, the delay won't be too long.  

Yeah they probably just misplaced it or someone didn't scan it in.

Should be no worries, just scan the NOA2 and email it to them they just need complete records.

*More detailed timeline in profile!*

Relationship:     Friends since 2010, Together since 2013

K-1:   2015 Done in 208 days - 212g for Second Cosponsor    

Spoiler

04/27/15- NOA1 Recieved                                                    
06/02/15 - NOA2 Recieved
09/22/15 - Interview       (221g for more documents (a SECOND cosponsor), see profile for more details!)                                            
11/09/15 -  ISSUED!!                                                              
11/10/15 - Passport received                                                
02/20/16 - Wedding!              

AOS:   2016 Done in 77 days - No RFE, No Interview                                                                    

Spoiler

04/08/16 - I-485, I-765, I-131 AOS Application recieved by USCIS
04/12/16 - 3 NOA1's received in mail
05/14/16 - Biometrics for AOS and EAD
06/27/16 - I-485 Case to changed to "New Card being produced"  (Day 77)
06/27/16 - I-485 Case changed to Approved! (Day 77)
06/30/16 - I-485 Case changed to "My Card has been mailed to me!"
07/05/16 - Green Card received in mail! 

ROC:   2018 - 2019 Done in 326 days - No RFE, No Interview

Spoiler

05/09/18 - Mailed out ROC to CSC

05/10/18 - CSC Signed and received ROC package
06/07/28 - NOA1 

06/11/18 - Check cashed

06/15/18 - NOA received in the mail
08/27/18 - 18 month extension received (Courtesy Copy)

09/18/18 - Request for official 18 month extension
10/22/18 - Official 18 month extension received 

02/27/19 - Biometrics waived 

04/29/19 - New card being produced!
05/09/19 - USPS delivered green card! In hand now!

Timeline

Thanks for the reply's everyone.

I have it all scanned and ready to go, I just wanted some reassurance given the amount of personal info on it.

On 18/01/2017 at 1:56 PM, Scodavvyy said:

Hello everyone,

I'm confused.

Thank you

Dave

Hi Dave,

First of congratulation on your approval!!! So this is pure speculation...the person who was printing your visa realised that for whatever reason there is no copy of your approved I-129f on file. They cannot issue your visa without a copy of the approved I-129f as i think that is the only place where they can see your Alien Number (A number) that USCIS allocated to you during the I-129f process. Good luck and i hope you get your white package from DX soon!

K1 VISA
10/03/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/05/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/07/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
10/11/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
10/17/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received
11/02/16....NOA2 Approval (USCIS website)

11/08/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received
11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F
11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Case left NVC for consulate

12/02/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"
12/07/16....Medical (Knightsbridge London) - Completed

12/10/16....Received Approved Petition Letter from Embassy
12/15/16....Interview - APPROVED!!!!
01/10/17....Visa Issued
01/13/17....Visa in Hand =)
02/10/17....POE at Chicago ORD

Timeline

I emailed them the scanned I-129F and our case has been updated today to Administrative Processing, so they're doing something with it.

Piggies crossed

3 minutes ago, Scodavvyy said:

I emailed them the scanned I-129F and our case has been updated today to Administrative Processing, so they're doing something with it.

Piggies crossed

If the case creation date on CEAC has been changed to today's date and the visa designation has changed from Immigrant to Non-Immigrant, then you are really close!

K1 VISA
10/03/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX
10/05/16....Delivered at Lewisville, TX

10/07/16....NOA1 Date on Hard Copy Notice
10/11/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC
10/17/16....NOA1 Hard Copy Received
11/02/16....NOA2 Approval (USCIS website)

11/08/16....NOA2 Hard Copy Received
11/22/16....NVC Received I-129F
11/23/16....Case Number Received

11/28/16....Case left NVC for consulate

12/02/16....Embassy Received. Case status set as "Ready"
12/07/16....Medical (Knightsbridge London) - Completed

12/10/16....Received Approved Petition Letter from Embassy
12/15/16....Interview - APPROVED!!!!
01/10/17....Visa Issued
01/13/17....Visa in Hand =)
02/10/17....POE at Chicago ORD

On 1/18/2017 at 1:56 PM, Scodavvyy said:

Hello everyone,

I'm confused.

Thank you

Dave

Congrats on the approval, what was your interview like...are you going to write a review?

My fiance has his coming up soon

Timeline

Thanks aubie17.

Yes I will be writing a review shortly, just been a bit busy.

The status on the CEAC website has changed to issued! Yay!!

Ty everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.