SJ & J

Confused about CR1 fee please help

10 posts in this topic

Hello~

I am so confused on the fee to file the CR-1 visa.  I've read a few different things on the government site and others.  It seems like to file the I-130 portion you send in $565 (or something like that).  And then as time goes on there are other fees to pay along the way, but somewhere else I read that you pay the full payment fees all at one time (around $1200). 

Also anyone on here get married in Haiti recently?  What is the cost for the marriage license and how long does it take to get before you can be married?  How long before getting the certified copy? 

Thank you in advance for all of your help.

If you're filing for a spouse, your first payment will be when you send in your petition which is $535...after that, you'll be waiting some months until they approve it. Once approved, they'll send your case to the NVC, and from there you'll have to pay more fees for your AOS. Then, your spouse will have to take a medical (cost varies by country). It adds up but the payments are spread out thankfully! I just filed for my husband who is in Jamaica. Being that your spouse is from Haiti, I would request an expedited petition being that Haiti has fallen victim to those hurricanes lately. It doesn't hurt to try! Good luck on your journey and you can message me at anytime if you have any questions! Much love!

Edited by MrsMcFarlane

1 hour ago, SJ & J said:

Thank you! So I assume after the initial payment...they will tell you how much and where to send it?

What are you filing for a K1 or CR1/IR1. The $1200 you are probably looking at Adjustment of status for K1 folk. If filing for spouse CR1/IR1.

USCIS (I-130 Petition) = $535

Once you are approved then

NVC fees are:

AOS (Affidavit of Support) fee =  $120

IV (Immigration Visa) fee = $325

Once approved at Embassy and you receive your Visa, then there's a Immigration Visa fee (or as we call the Green Card production fee) = $225

Read the http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process to learn all about the NVC process This way you know all things you need to know up to the embassy interview.

15 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

What are you filing for a K1 or CR1/IR1. The $1200 you are probably looking at Adjustment of status for K1 folk. If filing for spouse CR1/IR1.

USCIS (I-130 Petition) = $535

Once you are approved then

NVC fees are:

AOS (Affidavit of Support) fee =  $120

IV (Immigration Visa) fee = $325

Once approved at Embassy and you receive your Visa, then there's a Immigration Visa fee (or as we call the Green Card production fee) = $225

Read the http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process to learn all about the NVC process This way you know all things you need to know up to the embassy interview.

16 hours ago, MrsMcFarlane said:

If you're filing for a spouse, your first payment will be when you send in your petition which is $535...after that, you'll be waiting some months until they approve it. Once approved, they'll send your case to the NVC, and from there you'll have to pay more fees for your AOS. Then, your spouse will have to take a medical (cost varies by country). It adds up but the payments are spread out thankfully! I just filed for my husband who is in Jamaica. Being that your spouse is from Haiti, I would request an expedited petition being that Haiti has fallen victim to those hurricanes lately. It doesn't hurt to try! Good luck on your journey and you can message me at anytime if you have any questions! Much love!

Thank You for your information!  I know that processing times vary widely case to case, but do you have any idea on the average length of time from filing to receiving the visa? 

18 hours ago, SJ & J said:

So there are two Immigration Visa fees?  One for $325 and one for $225?  Thanks for you information!

No.  There is an immigration visa fee of $325.  This is to apply for the visa.  

There is a new immigrant fee of $225 and this is for the hard copy green card production.  

On 1/15/2017 at 2:05 AM, SJ & J said:

Thank You for your information!  I know that processing times vary widely case to case, but do you have any idea on the average length of time from filing to receiving the visa? 

I would say anywhere from 9 months to a year just from my observation. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.