Jump to content
SJ & J

Confused about CR1 fee please help

10 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello~

I am so confused on the fee to file the CR-1 visa.  I've read a few different things on the government site and others.  It seems like to file the I-130 portion you send in $565 (or something like that).  And then as time goes on there are other fees to pay along the way, but somewhere else I read that you pay the full payment fees all at one time (around $1200). 

 

Also anyone on here get married in Haiti recently?  What is the cost for the marriage license and how long does it take to get before you can be married?  How long before getting the certified copy? 

 

Thank you in advance for all of your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're filing for a spouse, your first payment will be when you send in your petition which is $535...after that, you'll be waiting some months until they approve it. Once approved, they'll send your case to the NVC, and from there you'll have to pay more fees for your AOS. Then, your spouse will have to take a medical (cost varies by country). It adds up but the payments are spread out thankfully! I just filed for my husband who is in Jamaica. Being that your spouse is from Haiti, I would request an expedited petition being that Haiti has fallen victim to those hurricanes lately. It doesn't hurt to try! Good luck on your journey and you can message me at anytime if you have any questions! Much love!

Edited by MrsMcFarlane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SJ & J said:

Thank you! So I assume after the initial payment...they will tell you how much and where to send it?

 

What are you filing for a K1 or CR1/IR1. The $1200 you are probably looking at Adjustment of status for K1 folk. If filing for spouse CR1/IR1.

 

USCIS (I-130 Petition) = $535

Once you are approved then

 

NVC fees are:

AOS (Affidavit of Support) fee =  $120

IV (Immigration Visa) fee = $325

 

Once approved at Embassy and you receive your Visa, then there's a Immigration Visa fee (or as we call the Green Card production fee) = $225

 

Read the http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process to learn all about the NVC process This way you know all things you need to know up to the embassy interview.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, dwheels76 said:

 

What are you filing for a K1 or CR1/IR1. The $1200 you are probably looking at Adjustment of status for K1 folk. If filing for spouse CR1/IR1.

 

USCIS (I-130 Petition) = $535

Once you are approved then

 

NVC fees are:

AOS (Affidavit of Support) fee =  $120

IV (Immigration Visa) fee = $325

 

Once approved at Embassy and you receive your Visa, then there's a Immigration Visa fee (or as we call the Green Card production fee) = $225

 

Read the http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process to learn all about the NVC process This way you know all things you need to know up to the embassy interview.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, MrsMcFarlane said:

If you're filing for a spouse, your first payment will be when you send in your petition which is $535...after that, you'll be waiting some months until they approve it. Once approved, they'll send your case to the NVC, and from there you'll have to pay more fees for your AOS. Then, your spouse will have to take a medical (cost varies by country). It adds up but the payments are spread out thankfully! I just filed for my husband who is in Jamaica. Being that your spouse is from Haiti, I would request an expedited petition being that Haiti has fallen victim to those hurricanes lately. It doesn't hurt to try! Good luck on your journey and you can message me at anytime if you have any questions! Much love!

Thank You for your information!  I know that processing times vary widely case to case, but do you have any idea on the average length of time from filing to receiving the visa? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, SJ & J said:

So there are two Immigration Visa fees?  One for $325 and one for $225?  Thanks for you information!

No.  There is an immigration visa fee of $325.  This is to apply for the visa.  

 

There is a new immigrant fee of $225 and this is for the hard copy green card production.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2017 at 2:05 AM, SJ & J said:

Thank You for your information!  I know that processing times vary widely case to case, but do you have any idea on the average length of time from filing to receiving the visa? 

I would say anywhere from 9 months to a year just from my observation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×