31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Btw....I wouldn't waste my money on a JA lawyer. This is a USA immigration case. Lizz Cannon is all you need.

Have you ever worked with her or know anyone who has and I was wondering what would be the estimate that I would be paying as far as working with her or any lawyer for this kind of case

Timeline

Just got off the phone with a lawyer and they said the best thing for us to do is get married and file for a marriage petition for her to come be with me in the United States then she would have to request a waiver for her to be accepted entry into the United States he told me the cost would be almost $7,000 and I'm looking at 2 years before she can be with me I'm not sure where we can get married seeing that we are a same-sex couple

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

A K1 fiancé is a qualified relative. Continue to talk to lawyers, get opinions and prices BUT please be sure they specialize in immigration waivers and are reputable.

Anyone can tell you anything. Lawyers have been known to mess cases up. This is why I suggested some researching of the guides and forum here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/113-waivers-i-601-and-i-212-and-administrative-processes-221g/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

If you go to immigrate2us.net you will find that it's all full of waivers...I am telling you lizz is the best! I worked with her and she knows her stuff! It depends on the case but you are looking at 6k probably for the waiver and then all other fees as well.

She is the best and will call you back monday. You don't need a Jamaican lawyer it's a us immigration case...laurel Scott is a great one as well but seriously charges 300$ to talk to her...however lizz cannon worked under her for 8yrs

Lizz has the best success rate out of any lawyers out there...and I was given some really really bad advice before for my case

Timeline

Hello everyone I talk to lizz cannon this morning and she gave me some good advice she told me that I can file for a K-1 Visa or an i29f for my fiance which will be most likely denied due to the fact that she worked on her tourist visa we would then have to file for a waiver she said it sounds like we have a winnable case but she would not be able to take it until the beginning of July so I'm still looking for lawyers I have two appointments 4 Tuesday and Wednesday hopefully they'll be able to let me know if they can help I was also thinking about starting the i29f by myself if anyone here could help me out with the process that would be awesome

Edited by amillimo

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello everyone I talk to lizz cannon this morning and she gave me some good advice she told me that I can file for a K-1 Visa or an i29f for my fiance which will be most likely denied due to the fact that she worked on her tourist visa we would then have to file for a waiver she said it sounds like we have a winnable case but she would not be able to take it until the beginning of July so I'm still looking for lawyers I have two appointments 4 Tuesday and Wednesday hopefully they'll be able to let me know if they can help I was also thinking about starting the i29f by myself if anyone here could help me out with the process that would be awesome

Nice!!!! I´m happy with it!

You see? Do not loose your hope!

;)

I´LL START TO LIVE BACK AGAIN WHEN I´LL BE ON MY HUBBY´S ARMS, FOREVER AND EVER. UNTIL THERE, I DON´T LIVE. I SURVIVE. (L)

event.png

Timeline

Nice!!!! I´m happy with it!

You see? Do not loose your hope!

;)

Im trying to remain strong cause its going to be a long road ahead and this is only the beginning. Im just ready to start somewhere

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay!!! You can always use her after to do your waiver...you can file the k1 on your own and then get denied and use lizz..good luck! !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello everyone my name is Mo and recently my fiance and I where traveling from Jamaica to Memphis Tennessee and we were stopped in Atlanta by immigration. Immigration found out my fiance was working on her B1 B2 Visa and was given a five year banned. Now I'm in Memphis Tennessee and she's back in Jamaica and we are wondering what is the next step that we can take to get her to me. Should we file for a K-1 Visa or should she just apply for a i 601. Another thing is we are a same-sex couple so I'm not sure if Jamaica will give us a harder time filing for a K-1 Visa. I would really like some help with this subject Ima United States veteran who suffers from depression and she was a big help to me can anyone please help?

Hi Mo,

My now wife entered on a K1 fiancée visa back in late February 2016 after being approved for a 212 and 601 waiver. She had the same problem as your significant other. She was removed back in 2011 when immigration found out she had been working while in the states on a valid B1/B2 tourist visa. Once we decided we wanted to marry, we had to be approved for the K1 first which took about 2 1/2 months for approval. We filed for the K1 back in February of 2014 and was approved in mid-April 2014. After a long delay, she attended her K1 interview in March 2015 where she was denied but was told by the Consular officer that she qualified to file a 212 permission to reapply waiver and 601 hardship waiver. Only a consular officer can tell your fiancée whether or not they are eligible to file a waiver. More than likely your fiancée will also have to file for the 212 waiver as well since they were previously in the country and removed due to working. Currently the fee for each waiver is $585.00. Once we filed the waivers, it took just a few days short of 6 months before we received approval. The 601 waiver is based on hardship to the US Citizen if the immigrating person is not allowed to enter the US to be with the person. I hired an experienced immigration attorney to help us with the waiver process because waiver approvals for K1 visas can be tricky. The attorney was able to focus me on a valid hardship and evidence that I would need to provide to prove hardship. I highly recommend you do at least consult with an experienced immigration attorney and I would be happy to provide you with the attorney I used. Suffering from depression is not always a guarantee for approval but an experienced attorney can guide you on getting the proof you need to prove hardship and why it is important that your fiancée be allowed to come to the States to marry you on the K1 Visa.

Good luck

Russell and Maria.

I-129F K-1 Fiance Visa Process, I-212/601 Waivers

November 2013 - Met online: Match.com
December 6 - 8, 2013 - Met in person for the first time in Mexico.
February 2014 - Filed for K1/K2 Visa
April 2014 - K1 Visa Approved
March 19, 2015 - Attended interview in Juarez. fiancée denied. Allowed to file for I-212 and 601 waivers
June 25, 2015 - 212 and 601 Waivers received at Phoenix lockbox and forwarded to Nebraska Service Center.
December 21, 2015 - Waivers Approved
December 28, 2015 - Instruction letter received. Request for passports and new medical.
February 1-3, 2016 - Trip to Juarez for new medical and submit passports to consulate.
February 5, 2016 - Medical documents and passports received at consulate.

February 12, 2016 - Passports with K1 Visa picked up from DHL in Tijuana.
February 22, 2016 - Entry into California through Otay Mesa POE without daughter who decided to stay in MX.
April 30, 2016 - Married!!!!

AOS, EAD, AP Process

June 1, 2016 - Mailed adjustment of status packet.
June 15, 2016 - NOA1 Received I-485, I-131, I-765
July 8, 2016 - Biometrics Appointment
July 25, 2016 I-485, I-131, I-765 Cases appeared on USCIS Website.

August 29, 2016 - EAD/AP Card received via USPS Priority Mail.

November 21, 2016 - Received text that Interview has been Scheduled for 12/21/16

December 21, 2016 - Interview in San Francisco

December 29, 2016 - AOS Approved, 

I-751 ROC -Process

December 6, 2018 - I-751 Received Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

January 28, 2018 - File receipt and extension letter received.

August, 2020 file transferred to be adjudicated with N-400

July 6,2021 Combo Interview Scheduled in San Francisco

August 3, 2021 ROC/ Naturalization Interview

August 6, 2021 ROC Approved

N-400 Naturalization Process

June 14, 2020 - N-400 filed

July 6, 2021 Received Notice of Combo Interview Scheduled in San Francisco, CA

August 3, 2021 Combination ROC/Naturalization Interview

August 6, 2021 Naturalization Approved

August 24, 2021 Oath Ceremony and Naturalization Certificate Issued

Timeline

Thank you for your advice we talked to a lawyer and we have decided to file for a K-1 Visa instead of getting married the lawyer informed us that we will file for our K1 and after it is approved we will file 601 wavier she gave us a very reasonable price we are very comfortable talking to her we are hoping to file our K1 end of this month.

Edited by amillimo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.