Javilasardar

J-1 Waiver Timelines 2016

430 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

VJ Friends!!! I just got the response from DOS after waiting for almost 5 months and the fact that they had lost the sponsor views. Plus, I had DOS funding but it was as a governemnt visitor for 20 days in 2009. I was freaking out because they had never told us about the 2 year rule and I did my PhD and postdoc in the US and got a tenure track job as a professor at a US university (I had applied for jobs all over the world). 

Anyway, thank you so much to everyone posting here. It helped me so much to be in contact with other people in similar situation. 

I hope you all get your stuff on time!!!!! Now we have to do the H1B.

Besos!!! 

WOhoooo!! :dancing::dance:   Good Luck with your H1B Now

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

3 minutes ago, Coco8 said:

Thank you! Because universities don't have caps, it means I will get it. It doesn't depend on the lottery like for companies. 

But I still need it fast because classes start at the end of August.

Give me back my good luck then!!!  :ph34r:  Just kidding!!

You are almost all set then!!!

I'm curious, since you were a special case at this point, did the DOS email you or just updated the website with "Favorable Recommendation Sent"

17 minutes ago, logisticamente said:

Give me back my good luck then!!!  :ph34r:  Just kidding!!

You are almost all set then!!!

I'm curious, since you were a special case at this point, did the DOS email you or just updated the website with "Favorable Recommendation Sent"

They updated the case online. I'm waiting to see if they can fax or email me a confirmation, though, because I need it to start the H1B. 

For those who got a DOS recommendation:

- Did you get a letter from DOS in the mail? How long did it take?

- Is there any update on the DOS website about when USCIS receives the recommendation from DOS? Is the DOS "recommendation sent" the last thing to appear on that website?

- How long did it take you to receive the USCIS receipt?

I am wondering because (1) I'm moving very soon (2) We need to apply for the H1B a.s.a.p.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 minute ago, Coco8 said:

- Is there any update on the DOS website about when USCIS receives the recommendation from DOS? Is the DOS "recommendation sent" the last thing to appear on that website?

I am wondering because (1) I'm moving very soon (2) We need to apply for the H1B a.s.a.p.

- It took me two weeks to receive it in the mail. They used the envelope I sent with my application. 

- There was no update in the DOS website

- It took me a month to receive it. But it was sent to Argentina

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hello everyone I am new on this thread and I am starting to get worried about my waiver process.

I have requested a NOS from my embassy on April 3 (2017) and then I received a confirmation e-mail telling me that the NOS was granted and sent electronically to DOS on April 29. While waiting for the NOS I sent my documents to DOS around 20-30 April. (can't remember exactly).

My documents showed up on DoS System as of 16 May 2017. And ever since there's no change and the NOS does not show on their website. Here is the timeline :

Item Action Date
Fee Received May, 16 2017
Form DS-3035 Received May, 16 2017
Form DS-2019 Received May, 16 2017
Passport Data Page Received May, 16 2017
Statement Of Reason Received May, 16 2017

I e-mailed both my embassy and DoS. My embassy tells me that they sent the documents via e-mail (apparently that's what they do) and DoS tells me they never received it. DoS gave me a fax number ; for me to tell my embassy to send the NoS to. I called my embassy and made them send it. (1 month ago) Still nothing is showing up on the system. Yesterday I called desperately my embassy and the rep actually told me to wait another 4-5 months -which is insane for an e-mail or a fax to arrive-  ... What should I do? Does anyone have the same problem as I do? If it is a usual waiting time for NoS to appear on the system or if I am on the same boat as someone else I will feel safer. Or is it my 'good' luck playing tricks on me again...

PS: I was not government funded, I was under the 2 year rule because I was on the skills list. Where do you think the problem arises from? 

All of your help is very much appreciated.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Coco8 said:

Today I received USCIS waiver approval. They received DOS recommendation on 06/05 and the notice date is 06/22. Looks like they are taking around 15 days to review the cases. Good luck in your waivers!

Timeline
10 minutes ago, PauliA said:

Today I received USCIS waiver approval. They received DOS recommendation on 06/05 and the notice date is 06/22. Looks like they are taking around 15 days to review the cases. Good luck in your waivers!

Also, the status was never updated in the USCIS case tracker website

16 minutes ago, yazounet said:

Hello everyone I am new on this thread and I am starting to get worried about my waiver process.

I have requested a NOS from my embassy on April 3 (2017) and then I received a confirmation e-mail telling me that the NOS was granted and sent electronically to DOS on April 29. While waiting for the NOS I sent my documents to DOS around 20-30 April. (can't remember exactly).

My documents showed up on DoS System as of 16 May 2017. And ever since there's no change and the NOS does not show on their website. Here is the timeline :

Item Action Date

I e-mailed both my embassy and DoS. My embassy tells me that they sent the documents via e-mail (apparently that's what they do) and DoS tells me they never received it. DoS gave me a fax number ; for me to tell my embassy to send the NoS to. I called my embassy and made them send it. (1 month ago) Still nothing is showing up on the system. Yesterday I called desperately my embassy and the rep actually told me to wait another 4-5 months -which is insane for an e-mail or a fax to arrive-  ... What should I do? Does anyone have the same problem as I do? If it is a usual waiting time for NoS to appear on the system or if I am on the same boat as someone else I will feel safer. Or is it my 'good' luck playing tricks on me again...

PS: I was not government funded, I was under the 2 year rule because I was on the skills list. Where do you think the problem arises from? 

Well, obviously the first time your embassy sent the NOS it still wasnt on the DOS system so they just ignored it... they sent NOS April 29th System was updated with info on May 16.

You need to call your embassy again and explain that the DOS didnt receive the fax with the NOS the second time either.. and push them until the send it... maybe mailing it might be a good alternative? just in case you got the fax number wrong..

I had to call my embassy every day and even send someone to their office so that they could finally send the NOS to the DOS.. sadly some places are more organized than others...

ask to talk to the person in charge of sending it.. maybe they can give you some kind of proof that it was sent..

Good luck!

21 minutes ago, PauliA said:

OMG OMG congrats!!!!!:dance:

That was extremelly fast!! you are so lucky!!

Did they send it to argentina? or the US address you provided as mailing address?

Again Congratulations!!

(I am still waiting for the DOS favorable recommendation:cry:.. But it will come... Im more relaxed now that USCIS is taking forever to approve I-129f's)

Edited by logisticamente

8 minutes ago, PauliA said:

Also, the status was never updated in the USCIS case tracker website

I read in another post that the USCIS is only updating the tracker when the issue RFE's and not when they approve cases.. not sure why.. there are many theories:lol:

1 hour ago, yazounet said:

Item Action Date

The embassy has to sent it by fax. They do not accept attachments by emails.

Once they fax it to the number they gave you, it should appear online in 2 business days. At least that is what happened in my case.

Edited by Coco8

Timeline
1 hour ago, logisticamente said:

OMG OMG congrats!!!!!:dance:

That was extremelly fast!! you are so lucky!!

Did they send it to argentina? or the US address you provided as mailing address?

Again Congratulations!!

(I am still waiting for the DOS favorable recommendation:cry:.. But it will come... Im more relaxed now that USCIS is taking forever to approve I-129f's)

Thank you!!!! They sent it to Argentina. It took it a month to get here lol. When did you file your I-129f?

I hope they give you fav recommendation soon!

4 hours ago, PauliA said:

Thank you!!!! They sent it to Argentina. It took it a month to get here lol. When did you file your I-129f?

I hope they give you fav recommendation soon!

Wow!! you had been approved for a month and didn't know it!! that is crazy!! so much unnecessary extra stress!!

I filed at the beginning of May... I was hoping (and all May fillers) to get NOA2 by mid August... but that looks more like late September now based on the stats..

On August 15 will be 2 months since DOS received my NOS, so I should be getting an answer no later than two weeks from today (so yes... soon, right?:rolleyes:)

Is good to hear that USCIS is moving fast on approvals!!

Again CONGRATS!! and file your i-129F already!!;)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.