Javilasardar

J-1 Waiver Timelines 2016

430 posts in this topic

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
On 7/27/2017 at 1:31 PM, Coco8 said:

The embassy has to sent it by fax. They do not accept attachments by emails.

Once they fax it to the number they gave you, it should appear online in 2 business days. At least that is what happened in my case.

Now that I talked and e-mailed my embassy ; they deny sending faxes to the DoS. And they basically tell me to deal with DoS and not them. Even though I emphasized the fact that it needs to be faxed. I live in NYC, so I guess I will go to D.C. and basically demand the document to be faxed.

Can they just disagree on faxing the document?? Should I write a formal letter?  I mean you had one job. ONE JOB... sigh...

10 minutes ago, yazounet said:

Now that I talked and e-mailed my embassy ; they deny sending faxes to the DoS. And they basically tell me to deal with DoS and not them. Even though I emphasized the fact that it needs to be faxed. I live in NYC, so I guess I will go to D.C. and basically demand the document to be faxed.

Can they just disagree on faxing the document?? Should I write a formal letter?  I mean you had one job. ONE JOB... sigh...

Embassies either fax it or mail it. If you go to the consulate, you can ask for the letter and an official envelope and mail it yourself (there is an address on the website). But the best thing is to fax it because it is processes much faster.

No government email of this type allows for attachments because there could be viruses, etc. Plus, the do everything the old way: hardcopies, faxes, etc. Maybe if you tell them the emails with attachments are deleted automatically or something, and show them the instructions, they will pay more attention.

Have you tried talking to someone else in the consulate? Is this a single person or nobody wants to fax it? Because if it is a single person, then maybe you can try talking to someone else working in the same office.

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Ok guys thanks for the encouragement. Today on DoS website my No Objection Letter appeared magically. I think my embassy decided to send my letter again.. So how long does it take from now on to waive my 212e... I guess DoS will send a recommendation and USCIS will make the final decision..

18 minutes ago, yazounet said:

Ok guys thanks for the encouragement. Today on DoS website my No Objection Letter appeared magically. I think my embassy decided to send my letter again.. So how long does it take from now on to waive my 212e... I guess DoS will send a recommendation and USCIS will make the final decision..

So from now you will have to wait 6-8 weeks for the DOS recommendation. You could get lucky and get it earlier than that. Then, USCIS's decision varies. Some people get it in a month, some in 2 or 3 months. 

I woke up today to find Favorable Recommendation Sent August 1st from the DOS :dancing:

So happy!! Let's see how long it takes USCIS now..:D

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

Hi everyone, I started my J1 waiver based on No Objection at the beginning of the year. I can now say I am over the first part and thought I would share my timeline for future applicants. A little background on my case and myself, I am married to a US citizen and am currently under my academic training which will expire at the end of September this year. Now the next step is to apply for Residency. Best of lucks to you all.

Item Action Date
Favorable Recommendation Sent August, 04 2017
No Objection Statement Received June, 20 2017
Marriage License Received June, 15 2017
Statement Of Reason Received February, 27 2017
Fee Received February, 23 2017
Form DS-3035 Received February, 23 2017
Form DS-2019 Received February, 23 2017
Passport Data Page Received February, 23 2017

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
17 hours ago, DMM15 said:

Hi, 

Here is my timeline if it helps:

May 26th 2017: DOS received NOS from embassy

July 7th 2017: Favorable Recommendation Sent

July 19th 2017: USCIS received recommendation

August 7th: Case shows approved in website

Hi DMM15, was your waiver processed in Vermont center?.  Also, did you get it expedited?. I have same timeline as yours except my case has not been approved by USCIS yet and it is in expedite method since past Sunday (08/06/17).

9 minutes ago, LJauregui said:

Hi DMM15, was your waiver processed in Vermont center?.  Also, did you get it expedited?. I have same timeline as yours except my case has not been approved by USCIS yet and it is in expedite method since past Sunday (08/06/17).

USCIS approved my waiver in a week. I cannot believe you are still waiting!

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
1 hour ago, LJauregui said:

Hi, yes, it was processed in Vermont and no, I didn't get it expedited. Maybe you should call them! 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
3 hours ago, Coco8 said:

Wow, maybe trying to get it expedited by USCIS or getting the senator to help expedite my case may be actually delaying the decision. Good to know it took a weak in your case. Also in DMM15 case it was super fast.

Thanks

Filed: J-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hi I just want to submit somehow my timeline maybe this can help other in the same situation, i had a j-1 visa came to this country twice before over staying my visa, my last entryway was december 2008, i got married in December 2016, start the process in January and submit all the applications have my biometrics taken on February, and the interview august 15, the interview was about of 5 min and it went well the officer told us that we will get the green card in two or 3 weeks, any questions let me know hope this kinda helps someone 

Filed: H-1B Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 8/8/2017 at 9:57 AM, Coco8 said:

Hey Coco8, how long after your case was approved did you receive the approval notice in the mail? 

Mine was approved August 7th and still haven't received the approval notice.

2 hours ago, DMM15 said:

Hey Coco8, how long after your case was approved did you receive the approval notice in the mail? 

Mine was approved August 7th and still haven't received the approval notice.

Here is my complete timeline:

Final Approval August 7 

USCIS NOA 1 August 2 (I received the letter, it was mailed July 28)

Recommendation Sent July, 20 2017

Sponsor Views Received July, 11 2017

Request for Sponsor Views Requested May, 04 2017

No Objection Statement Received April, 06 2017

Fee/DS-3035/DS-2019/Passport Data Page/Statement Of Reason/Other March, 23 2017

So USCIS received it July 26 and they approved it August 2. That was super fast. 

I think your are still OK. It took 6 days to get from DOS to USCIS, and then it took the mail from USCIS 13 days to get to me. It might also depend where you are, some letters arrive faster depending on where you live.

So I had commented in the 2017 J1 waiver timeline 

Edited by Coco8

• 2 weeks later...

Today Is exactly 1 month since DOS sent Favorable Recommendation, so  of course I call USCIS again to ask them my receipt number... ans surprise surprise... THEY DON'T EVEN HAVE A CASE YET!!! :cry:  how is this even possible?!!

The Tier 2 officer placed in a request to the Vermont Center to ask what on earth is going on.. 15 more days of waiting for that..:clock:

Has anyone had this issue before? If they dont figure this out by September 15 I will contact a congressman.. not sure which one though.. I was living in Rochester, NY when I was in the US.. now I will be living in Perry, NY... any idea which one would be the most appropriate or will answer faster?

Live, love, laugh.. and try not to think too much about USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.