The Nature Boy

The dude that killed the lion

39 posts in this topic

To be fair, Betty white is a known animal rights activist. In fact, all of the Gilden Girls were except for Estelle Getty. Animals are just her racket.

That's fine. I have no issue with folks that advocate for animals. Just an observation.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I'm not answering for NB but I think the fact that he didn't follow any sort of fair chase guideline is the main reason hunters think the guy is in the wrong. Both he and his guide have been suspended from SCI. They used a vehicle to drag bait to get the animal off the land where it was protected. Once it was outside the park the "hunter" wounded the lion with a crossbow and then spent the next 40 hours tracking it before he was able to finally finish it with a rifle.

Now the guy is claiming there was a lot he didn't know about the animal and the hunt. I don't buy it at all, this guy had hunted African big game many times before.

I think that anyone who hunts a lion the way this guy did kicks all hunters right in the nuts, I for one don't appreciate being kicked in the nuts.

Thank you for you eloquent response, and I concur .

I think anyone who would kill a majestic anumal, just so he can chop his head off and and get kudos from his beer drinking fellow d bags is a dbag

I have hunted, fished etc and still Dove Hunt and fish on ocassion. Hunting is fine to control the herd, to put food on the family etc.

But to just take trophies. No

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Trophy hunting should be illegal.

What about those of us that hunt trophy wives overseas?

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My personal view? People who do that need to take a long, hard and honest look at themselves before they decide that the women in their own country are the reason they are single.

My personal view? People who do that need to take a long, hard and honest look at themselves before they decide that the women in their own country are the reason they are single.

BAM! That right there!

Don't hang her head over the fireplace lol

So why are you single after having been married to a person from a foriegn country

I'm not single. Where did you get that idea?

Yeah right. So you were married to a foreigner , tell us about that

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thank you for you eloquent response, and I concur .

I think anyone who would kill a majestic anumal, just so he can chop his head off and and get kudos from his beer drinking fellow d bags is a dbag

I have hunted, fished etc and still Dove Hunt and fish on ocassion. Hunting is fine to control the herd, to put food on the family etc.

But to just take trophies. No

I think you misunderstood what he actually said. He never said he was opposed to trophy hunting….he just did not like the way the animal was hunted. He felt the "fair chase" standards were violated.

The benefits of trophy hunting in places such as this are almost essential for the long term survival of the lions.

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think you misunderstood what he actually said. He never said he was opposed to trophy hunting.he just did not like the way the animal was hunted. He felt the "fair chase" standards were violated.

The benefits of trophy hunting in places such as this are almost essential for the long term survival of the lions.

We have to kill them to save them.

Utter, utter rubbish.

How about rich Americans not enabling corrupt governments to prostitute their natural history?