Manileña Heart

PLSSSS share your 221g timeline

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

They have NSO copy of our Certificate of Marriage forwarded by the NVC just last month (January). So our lawyer also find it strange for them to ask Cenomar from me. It was the Filipino Consul who asked and noted that on my file such "updated Cenomar". During the interview I was mistaken twice as Fiancee Visa Applicant which I corrected the consuls twice as well that I'm under Spouse (CR1) Visa Application. Apparently, American Consul congratulated me and gave me pamphlet about Immigrant Rights in the US after the interview and reminded me to order updated Cenomar already to be added on my file.

Ahh... there is the problem. The embassy ALWAYS asks for a copy of the CENOMAR (CEMAR) during the interview process for IR/CR-1 (another lawyer without a clue). Some think because they sent a copy to NVC that they are covered, but not so... the embassy wants the NSO certificate as well. The CENOMAR/CEMAR is listed as a required document in the embassy instructions letter for the IR/CR-1

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

The CENOMAR (Advisory on Marriages) is often times required for a spousal visa applicant because the embassy wants to double check that they didn't get married to another person after they have married their petitioner.

In my case, I have a fresh CENOMAR (AoM) during my interview but the pre-screener and consul didn't ask for it. I didn't submit it to NVC as well.

But there were 2 people during the interview that I spoke with and they got 221g for the CENOMAR (AoM). One was F2A and the other IR category.

It seemed our lawyer doesn't have a clue that Cenomar (Marriage Index) could be required for IR1/CR1. This setback is upsetting but I learned my lesson. Anyway, I ordered Cenomar right after my interview on Feb 4 I was advised that it'll be picked up by the Embassy Feb 7. Hopefully, the resolution on this matter will not take longer. Can't wait to have my visa issued already, still hoping to fly this February.

• 3 years later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi there pls i need some advice, my 221g is need to submit a police clearance from Syria but after waited 4 months no police clearance come, instead the Syrian consul give us a police certificate.is it okay if this is the one i send to us embassy instead of PC?the Syrian consul told me to send it to us embassy but our worry is are we going to be denied because of not gettif the PC?we did pur best to get it, we pay 7500 for it but it's useless.no police clearance and we waited for how many months for it.i thought pc in syria is not available for non syrian cetizen especially outside that country?

55 minutes ago, yvonne riofrir said:

Hi there pls i need some advice, my 221g is need to submit a police clearance from Syria but after waited 4 months no police clearance come, instead the Syrian consul give us a police certificate.is it okay if this is the one i send to us embassy instead of PC?the Syrian consul told me to send it to us embassy but our worry is are we going to be denied because of not gettif the PC?we did pur best to get it, we pay 7500 for it but it's useless.no police clearance and we waited for how many months for it.i thought pc in syria is not available for non syrian cetizen especially outside that country?

That should be fine so go ahead and send it to the embassy. 

On 2/4/2014 at 8:23 AM, Raven Lotus said:

On AP tonight after today's interview. I was asked to submit Cenomar even though I have Cemar as I am married and under CR1. I thought Cenomar are just for K1. Consuls reasoned out they need updated Cenomar to verify if my husband's name will appear on the marriage index also as proof that I was indeed single before our marriage. Haist!

Isn't CENOMAR CErtificate of NO MARriage?  You are married.  It should be a CEMAR CErtificate of MARriage... Maybe I'm just confused...or they are.

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

2 hours ago, John & Rose said:

Isn't CENOMAR CErtificate of NO MARriage?  You are married.  It should be a CEMAR CErtificate of MARriage... Maybe I'm just confused...or they are.

Why are you responding to something from 3 years ago???? 

2 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

Why are you responding to something from 3 years ago???? 

Damn!!!!  Sorry about that. I saw the new posts and went back to catch up on the conversation. My bad. 

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

4 minutes ago, John & Rose said:

Damn!!!!  Sorry about that. I saw the new posts and went back to catch up on the conversation. My bad. 

Yeah make sure you don't get sucked down those holes, it happens to the best of us sometimes. Just remember to look next time. :thumbs:

Just now, cyberfx1024 said:

Yeah make sure you don't get sucked down those holes, it happens to the best of us sometimes. Just remember to look next time. :thumbs:

Will do!

IMG_5168.jpeg

27 minutes ago, cyberfx1024 said:

I didn’t realize the new OP piggybacked on an old thread. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline
12 hours ago, yvonne riofrir said:

If that is all you go from the Syrian consulate, submit that.  Lucky to get anything from Syria right now it seems.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline
On 10/6/2017 at 2:48 AM, cyberfx1024 said:

Thank you sir,i sent the Police certificate together withy passport october 9 and they update it today,still AP.we hope this wont take long.

Timeline
On 10/6/2017 at 2:48 AM, cyberfx1024 said:

On 10/6/2017 at 2:02 PM, Hank_ said:

If that is all you go from the Syrian consulate, submit that.  Lucky to get anything from Syria right now it seems.

I sent my Police certificate to USEM oct 10 and the first update oct 13 and they update it again today oct 16 and its still AP😥

Timeline

Hi vj friends pls give me some advice im stress and frustrated,i am under 221g or AP i sent the additional documents police clearance from syria but after 4 months of waiting police clearance not arrived so the syrian consul give me police certifecate like a proof that i did my best to get one.my first update oct 13,second update oct 16,then 3rd oct 18 and they send me notification letter saying that i need to do an onlie appointment again for interview.and they asked me to submit some documents in times of my interview again.i'll put this email here i did screenshot it.is it bad sign or good to encoumter this imterview again and send some documents again?read down below the letter pls and explain it to me,im lost and stress.sorry guys cant upload the letter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.