VisaJourney.com Logo
Gallery      Form Downloads      Example Forms      Processing Times      Embassy Info      Reviews: Embassy/USCIS & POE      Affiliates     Members

Latest VJ Member Visa Approvals - Congratulations!

blank avatarAmanda & Justin
K1 Visa
Canada
H & R
K1 Visa
Japan
Eva & Manuel
K1 Visa
Dominican Republic
Mickael & Maki
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Japan
josh owens & mary rose caccam
K1 Visa
Philippines
Stephen & Martyna
K1 Visa
Austria
blank avatarK & N
K1 Visa
Ireland
Michael & Kelsey
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarDiana & Alec
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarV & S
K1 Visa
Japan

Visa Interviews Today: Good Luck!!

blank avatarVeronica & Gerada
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Jamaica
blank avatarD & M
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Egypt
Nicholas & Selena
K1 Visa
Canada
blank avatarMai & Clifford
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Philippines
blank avatarDavid & Salvador
K1 Visa
Brazil
Alexander & Maria
K1 Visa
Spain
blank avatarAmanda & Jhalil
K1 Visa
Netherlands
Joey & Diana
K1 Visa
Belarus
blank avatarDavid & Azhar
K1 Visa
Kazakhstan
blank avatarAdam & Treena
K1 Visa
Singapore
blank avatarMarcel & Lourdes
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Mexico
blank avatarL & J
K1 Visa
Canada
Diana & Niall
K1 Visa
United Kingdom
blank avatarFrank & Sharen
K1 Visa
Philippines

• Please log in to reply

K-1 Visa Tax returns

#1 Tenacious

Tenacious

• Pip

• Group: Members

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:32 AM

Hi All! We are now in the process of preparing all of our documents so that our journey can be as smooth as possible. So heres my question... My fiance(USC) has been living outside of the U.S. for the last four years. Do we still need to provide 3 years of tax forms to the Embasssy/counsular, Or do we just provide proof of her curent income?

#2 washington1972

washington1972

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

for K1 visa you need to have tax return for the past year(2011)
you don't need 3 years tax return.
of course at the embassy they are going to ask for the current income plus the past year of income,
you still need to fill the affidavit of support i-134 and list the current income,you need to send few stub/checks and statement from employer,
plus that you still need a cosponsor,

#3 Tenacious

Tenacious

• Pip

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:48 AM

for K1 visa you need to have tax return for the past year(2011)
you don't need 3 years tax return.
of course at the embassy they are going to ask for the current income plus the past year of income,
you still need to fill the affidavit of support i-134 and list the current income,you need to send few stub/checks and statement from employer,
plus that you still need a cosponsor,

Do we still need a co-sponsor even if the income is above the 125% mark?

Thanks!

#4 washington1972

washington1972

• PipPipPipPip

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:10 AM

Thanks!

yes,you still need a cosponsor,
i have the same situations as yours,i did not work the past year but this current year i start working and i make good income,
as I was advised from expert people for not taking a chance to list my current income by it self,without having a cosponsor,
so i wont take chance, and am getting some help from a cosponsor,

#5 Tenacious

Tenacious

• Pip

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:58 AM

i have the same situations as yours,i did not work the past year but this current year i start working and i make good income,
as I was advised from expert people for not taking a chance to list my current income by it self,without having a cosponsor,

Ok, thank you

#6 KayDeeCee

KayDeeCee

Also known as Jay-Kay

Posted 27 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

Thanks!

No. If your current income is above the 125% requirement, then you do not need a co-sponsor. The 125% is based on current income, not past income. Unless you are self-employed, the current income will be proven with a letter from employer stating position and salary plus a few months worth of your most recent pay stubs. For current income, list what you will make for 2012 by multiplying what you make an hour by the number of hours you work a week. Then, multiply that by 52, or multiply monthly pay by 12. The income is based on gross pay before any taxes are removed. You also need to provide a tax transcript for 2011. If you did not file taxes and were required to, then you need to file the back taxes. If you did not file because you were not required to, then you need to write a statement as to why you were not legally required to do so. If you want to, you can write a statement attesting to the fact that you lived abroad and that is why you were not working and have no recent past tax filings, but now you are back in the US and earning more than enough to keep your fiance(e) from becoming a public charge.

If the income is borderline, you might want to get a co-sponsor lined up just in case the CO asks for one anyway.

Edited by Jay-Kay, 27 May 2012 - 04:53 PM.

idea9dv.gif Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://photos.state....s/k1k4dec13.pdf
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
K-1 --> I-129F Sent: 05/26/10 - NOA2: 07/02/10 -
Interview: 09/21/10-APPROVED! - Wedding: 12/12/10
AOS--> I-485 Sent: 01/25/11 - Bio: 02/24/11 - EAD/AP: 04/09/11 - Interview: 05/18/11-APPROVED! - GC: 05/26/11
ROC--> I-751 Sent: 03/21/13
- Bio: 04/25/13 APPROVED!- 07/24/13

#7 Celeste & C

Celeste & C

It takes two to Tango!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hi All! We are now in the process of preparing all of our documents so that our journey can be as smooth as possible. So heres my question... My fiance(USC) has been living outside of the U.S. for the last four years. Do we still need to provide 3 years of tax forms to the Embasssy/counsular, Or do we just provide proof of her curent income?

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Please complete your profile, including the country of the beneficiary. This information may seem "invasive" to some, but it helps US, help you.

In fact, regarding your specific question, there are some countries that do not allow co-sponsors (unless they are directly related to the petitioner).

Click to see my K1 & AOS Timeline

#8 TnJ

TnJ

Mahal kita Jessa ko!

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:06 PM

i have the same situations as yours,i did not work
the past year but this current year i start working and i make good income,

I don't see where this is a similar situation unless the USC didn't work while abroad.

No. If your current income is above the 125% requirement, then you do not need a co-sponsor. The 125% is based on current income, not past income. Unless you are self-employed, the current income will be proven with a letter from employer stating position and salary plus a few months worth of your most recent pay stubs. For current income, list what you will make for 2012 by multiplying what you make an hour by the number of hours you work a week. Then, multiply that by 52, or multiply monthly pay by 12. The income is based on gross pay before any taxes are removed. You also need to provide a tax transcript for 2011. If you did not file taxes and were required to, then you need to file the back taxes. If you did not file because you were not required to, then you need to write a statement as to why you were not legally required to do so. If you want to, you can write a statement attesting to the fact that you lived abroad and that is why you were not working and have no recent past tax filings, but now you are back in the US and earning more than enough to keep your fiance(e) from becoming a public charge.

If the income is borderline, you might want to get a co-sponsor lined up just in case the CO asks for one anyway.

:thumbs: :thumbs: This is good advice.

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Please complete your profile, including the country of the beneficiary. This information may seem "invasive" to some, but it helps US, help you.

In fact, regarding your specific question, there are some countries that do not allow co-sponsors (unless they are directly related to the petitioner).

:thumbs: This is good and true as well.

Edited by ToddnJessa, 27 May 2012 - 09:09 PM.

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

Spoiler

Back to Top ↑

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.