Sign in to follow this  
phillybogota

Interview approved!

16 posts in this topic

Hello, we want to thank you all for your help and guide during this process. We had out interview yesterday and everything went good.

The interview was at 11:30 and we were there at 11, we were in a rush to get there that my husband forgot his ID, the guy in the building said that nobody without ID could come in. we were so F%% mad, but we knew it was our fault, so the guy told me “you can come in and with the letter I can check on the computer for the picture of your husband”, so I came in and 5 min later he came and told me “your husband can meet you here, he will be here soon” I was like omg whew!!

Well in the waiting room there was like 3 other couples, we thought it was going to be full of people. It was 11:20 and my husband decided to go to the bathroom, and at 11:22 a guy open a door and he called my name, I was like ######, now what. So I got up and told him it was me, and I asked him to wait a little bit and I went to the bathroom and opened the door, a guy was peeing lol, and he looked at me and I said “baby, hurry they are calling us” that was funny, people there was laughing.

We came in and the guy said “ok, go to that room that I have everything ready for you, ill come in 2 min” , we were like, everything ready? What is that? Some tests or something like that? So we came in sat down, he came and he started asking my husband how we met, almost all the questions were for my husband but I kept talking lol.

The questions were:

1. How we met.

2. How many times he went to Colombia

3. Why he decide to marry a Colombian

4. When do we plan on having kids and how many… my husband said none and he asked why. And my husband said “bcz my wife does want to have kids“ so the guy asked me “really? why not? You married a handsome guy, you both will have beautiful children so I said “well, I’m too young I’m only 21 and having a kid is not bcz you just want to have a kid, having a kid is a big responsibility and is something you plan, you have to keep in mind that u have to give him good education” so he said well that is a good reason and he told my husband, “well be carefull with that bcz I did not have my first child till after 7 years of marriage and after 25 years of marriage some months ago she told me she want to get divorce and she is going to get married again this week. That kind of make me mad bcz probably I wont even want to have any kids and that is not bcz I don’t love my husband, is bcz I don’t want to have kids. Since he got divorced I guess he is trying to tell all this to all the couples he interviews.

5. He asked for prove that we are living together, so I showed all the recips of things I bought on internet, and one of the was a magazine of victorias secret so he said “oh I wanted to see this, I tried telling my wife to wear this but she never wanted to” lol, so he took the page of the magazine where my name and address was and he kept some recipes. We also showed him the ensurance and the joint bank account.

6. He asked for the w2 for 2005, and the pay stubs for the past 3 months.

7. He asked for marriage certificate.

8. Birth certificate for both.

9. He asked for pix, so we showed him the album with about 50 pix, he saw them all, and he asked some questions about them.

10. The vaccination Form.

I think that was pretty much it, they did not have many people to interview that day so I guess that’s why they were taking their time with each interview. When we left there was only 1 couple waiting.

He said we will get the green card in about 2 weeks, we hope so bcz our trip to Colombia is October 31.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.