Sign in to follow this  
kpathak

VISA Approved -- WooHoo!!!!

17 posts in this topic

My wife's VISA was approved :dance::dance: -- quick 5 minute interview...

Questions included:

1. Husband's name, occupation, place of employment, family information, place of residence

2. Your family information

3. A lot of questions around dates (marriage, divorce, kid's b'days, anniversaries, last met etc.)

4. (In our case) Reason for divorce for both parties

5. What do you do right now, where do you stay? Not with in-laws? Why not?

They did NOT require DS-230 part II to be signed. She did have her fingerprints taken though...

Thanks everyone on VJ for all the support and encouragement. Dunno how I would have made it without you guys...

Cheers,

KP

Thanks for the best wishes everyone -- I guess it's the end of the bachelor life and it's time to clean up the house so that she won't go back on the very airplane she comes here on... :)

KP

Hey, KP

This is great great news! I was praying for this day to be good for all teh people I know - u included. Hope your wife joins you soon, and you enjoy a blessed life together.

Remeber, the fire is coming :)

My wife's VISA was approved :dance::dance: -- quick 5 minute interview...

:dancing: Congratulations!

You both have a license to do the happy dance till you fall down from exhaustion!

and then get up and do it some more!

Wow, great day for VJers going through New Delhi. How can I be this excited when it's not me? :lol:

Good luck with that house cleaning KP, DO NOT mix the ammonia with the bleach. ~Asha

Yup -- cleaning is right -- otherwise I can hear "naukrani se kyon nahi shaadi kar liya????"

They said that the visa will be delivered in a few days -- nothing more. THis VFS ####### is really a PITA.

KP

Congratulations !!!!!!!! :dance: Im so happy for you both. Soon, she will be here. AND yeah Start cleanin' up the house Warna woh kahegi.... This is not what I came here for????? Just teasing ya :P

Did they say anything when she will have her visa in hand????

Wow, very happy to hear your good news, kpathak. As for the cleaning, I'm married to a Portuguese fellow who's very particular. If he saw the way I've been living almost 6 months, he'd be horrified. But you and I are excused, because of all the preoccupation and stress. We may need professional cleaners at this point!

Jersey Girl -- the wifey gets here next Thursday and the cleaning crew gets in on Tuesday (while I am at work and the kids are in school :-). I have told the kids -- don't even use the bathroom on Wednesday -- ask the neighbors if you can use theirs <ha! ha!> J/K.

KP

Wow, very happy to hear your good news, kpathak. As for the cleaning, I'm married to a Portuguese fellow who's very particular. If he saw the way I've been living almost 6 months, he'd be horrified. But you and I are excused, because of all the preoccupation and stress. We may need professional cleaners at this point!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.