Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mugumogu

DS-260 Question

13 posts in this topic Register to Ask a Question

The question is, "do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with US law?"

My fiancee has received vaccinations, but I don't know that she has proof and frankly I don't even know what vaccinations are required by US law. If I answer yes, I get a popup box asking for an explanation. If I answer no, what happens? Will she need to get vaccinated or will that cause a problem?

The question is, "do you have documentation to establish that you have received vaccinations in accordance with US law?"

My fiancee has received vaccinations, but I don't know that she has proof and frankly I don't even know what vaccinations are required by US law. If I answer yes, I get a popup box asking for an explanation. If I answer no, what happens? Will she need to get vaccinated or will that cause a problem?

Before even attempting to answer the question, you first have to figure out if she even has documentation of her vaccines. And the vaccines required (for US immigration) can be found here: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/2009-ti-vaccination.pdf (table on page 16).

If she does have documentation, then this is what I put in response to that question: "I have had a vaccination record since I was born with all the required vaccinations clearly recorded by a health professional." You can use this as well, as long as everything is true about the beneficiary's vaccination record.

Before even attempting to answer the question, you first have to figure out if she even has documentation of her vaccines. And the vaccines required (for US immigration) can be found here: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/pdf/2009-ti-vaccination.pdf (table on page 16).

If she does have documentation, then this is what I put in response to that question: "I have had a vaccination record since I was born with all the required vaccinations clearly recorded by a health professional." You can use this as well, as long as everything is true about the beneficiary's vaccination record.

Well, we don't have documentation so maybe I'll just put no.

This table from the CDC shows what vaccinations someone needs for AOS that is not vaccinated, or has no vaccination records: http://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/exams/ti/civil/vaccination-civil-technical-instructions.html#tbl1

They won't give her any at the medical in Juarez. She will need to see a civil surgeon after you are married to have the I-693 filled out. See this post for more info on that: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/324533-do-i-need-a-civil-surgeon/page__p__4849924#entry4849924

We had the same question. We put no because my FI has no idea if he has a vaccine record and has not yet gotten around to asking his mom if she has one for him so easiest was to just put no.

What did you list for alien registration number? I think there is one on NOA2 but did you put it?

We had the same question. We put no because my FI has no idea if he has a vaccine record and has not yet gotten around to asking his mom if she has one for him so easiest was to just put no.

What did you list for alien registration number? I think there is one on NOA2 but did you put it?

I put no, because I didn't no whether or not we had one. The number on the NOA2 says beneficiary number. If that's it them I wasn't aware.

Here's some information that I found that helps to answer my question in case anyone else is wondering:

"K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage. Applicants are therefore encouraged to fulfill these vaccination requirements at the time of the medical examination. See Vaccination Requirements for IV Applicants for the list of required vaccinations and additional information."

Here's some information that I found that helps to answer my question in case anyone else is wondering:

"K visa applicants are encouraged to get the vaccinations required under U.S. immigration law for immigrant visa applicants. Although such vaccinations are not required for K visa issuance, they will be required when adjusting status to that of legal permanent resident following your marriage. Applicants are therefore encouraged to fulfill these vaccination requirements at the time of the medical examination. See Vaccination Requirements for IV Applicants for the list of required vaccinations and additional information."

Correct. You do not need vaccinations for the K-1, but you will after you marry and file for AOS. So, it is fine to not have documentation of the vaccines for the K-1 interview. Juarez will not give vaccinations at the K-1 medical, so everyone going through CDJ just needs to bring any vaccination records they may already have, and see a civil surgeon in the US to get an I-693 for AOS.

Edited by Jay-Kay

Except for the two posts immediately above, this thread is two years old and is being closed because of its age. Folks with recent questions can start a new topic with a meaningful Subject line.

Back to Top ↑

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Try asking our VJ Immigration Lawyers.