34 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

What I sent in for my I-751 package:

- Form I-751 and fee

- Copy of Green Card

- Copy of my Social Security card (to show the address)

- Copy of my Driver's License (to show the address)

- Bank statements (checking and saving accounts) showing joint ownership (8 pages per month, every month, about 180-200 pages)

- Tax Return Transcript for the year 2011 from Internal Revenue Service (married filing jointly)

- A printout from Tmobile website showing his name and the Family plan (we have 4 lines on the account)

- A few collage photos

(one is our trip to the Beach, one is Christmas 2011 at his sister's house which shows his sister's family and my in-laws, one is our going out for the anniversary at Red Lobster, one is visiting my mentor's house) --- you get the idea

- I wrote a letter about our marriage so far (we were dating for 7 years and married for 2 years) and that we are still madly in love goofy.gif

That's all I sent and I got approved! Just received the card today in the mail!!!

10/2001: arrived as a F1 student (college) in NC
01/2003: met my now-husband at school
08/2004: moved to Louisiana to continue study

AOS: I-130 and I-485
06/2010: got married in NC

01/2011: interview and approved

ROC: I-751
01/14/2013: Package Sent

06/12/2013: got approved!!!

06/14/2013: card and letter arrived!!!

Exactly 5 months!!! No Interview. No RFE.

Strongest Evidence? My 8-year relationship and 3-year marriage to my husband.

If it does not show commitment, then I don't know what does...

Naturalization: N-400

06/16/2014: Package Sent

06/23/2014: Check Cashed

06/27/2014: Received NOA1 (Letter dated 06/20)

07/07/2014: Walk-in Bio (Appt date 07/18)

07/09/2014: In-Line for Interview

08/07/2014: Received Yellow Letter (dated 08/02)

09/06/2014: Received Interview Letter

10/09/2014: Interview Date

10/21/2014: Oath Ceremony

I am officially an American Citizen.

---

Petition: I-130 for Mother and I-130 for Sister

---

Petition: I-130 Mother for Daughter

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

I opted not to post my list of evidence until I had been approved. But since I got a (very quick) approval last night, I will now post my list of evidence in hopes that it will help other people filing now or in the future. So here is what we included in our joint filing:

-A signed (but not notarized) affidavit from both of us detailing our relationship and married life to date

-Copy of our current lease for our apartment with both names on

-Sworn statement from my mother in law confirming that we lived with her in her house on our first year in the US (my husband and I had been living in the UK for 4 years prior to moving to the US), explaining that both the house and utilities are in her name, which would explain the lack of evidence in our names during that time period
-Copy of our lease renewal for the apartment we used to rent in London with both names on, showing that we leased and occupied it since 2008 and until we moved to the USA in 2011

-Copies of joint utilities (AT&T phone and Internet, and So Cal Gas) from the time we moved into our leased apartment

-Copies of bank statements showing joint checking and savings account - one for each quarter starting from the time I was added to those accounts shortly after we got married. We included the full statements and not just the first page, showing payments, deposits, withdrawals, husband's salary going into the joint account etc. etc.

-Copies of credit card statements, one for each quarter since I was added to the card after our move to the US in 2011

-Copies of our actual credit cards showing the same card number

-Copy of car ownership title, jointly owned

-Copy of our most recent car registration showing joint ownership to date

-IRS transcripts for 2011 joint return and a simple photocopy of our 2012 joint return as we had just filed at the time of sending in the ROC package (I also forgot to include husband's W2 and was wondering if they would send an RFE for that, but nope no0pb.gif )

-Copies of joint car insurance bills in both names and showing common address, one for each quarter since we moved to the US

-Copy of a 2010 tax return filed from the UK, reporting a joint savings account that we used to maintain in the UK while living there to the IRS

-Copy of my business registration certificate, where my husband is listed as a co-owner

-Letter from the bank where we maintain our business account confirming the existence of a business account in both names and that date when it was opened

-Copies of bills from our health & dental insurance provider billed to the business, through which we both obtain our coverage (bills show both names as co-insured under the business, and same registration number) - one for each quarter since we started our health coverage

-Four affidavits - two from family, two from friends (all but one notarized) - attesting to the legitimacy of our marriage

Also, as additional (but more secondary) evidence, we included:

-Copy of marriage certificate

-Copies of the change of address forms we filed with USCIS after moving to our current apartment, showing that both of us had filed for the change and showing a common address

-Copy of husband's Emergency Contact Form from his employer, listing me as his primary emergency contact

-Copies of a few of husband's recent pay stubs stating his filing and allowance status as "Married"

-Copies of flights and/or hotel bookings for vacation we've taken together since we got married, showing both names

-Copies of cards/letters sent and addressed to both of us from family and friends since we got married

-Since we had two weddings (one in LA and one in Athens, Greece a couple months later) we included some evidence from both of those: copies of the invitations we sent out for each wedding, copy of our wedding program from the LA wedding, proof of a cruise booking to the Greek islands which was our honeymoon after the wedding in Greece, copy of the magazine distributed on the cruise ship listing our names among others' as "honeymooners", "congratulations" etc. good.gif , and copies of a few cards given to us by family and friends on our wedding

-About 30-35 pictures spanning the entire time from our wedding and until present time, some with the two of us alone, some with family or friends, each taken at different times and places. We included a few pictures from both weddings and also pictures from my sister in law's wedding last year where my husband was one of the grooms men and I was a bridesmaid.

Good luck to everybody!

Edited by Christi85

My CR1 timeline (DCF London):
June 26, 2010 - civil wedding
Aug 2, 2010 - I-130 package mailed to the London Consulate (DCF)
Aug 9, 2010 - NOA1 (confirmation of receipt) via email
Sep 4, 2010 - religious wedding
Oct 21, 2010 - NOA2
Nov 25, 2010 - Case number received in the mail
Nov 29, 2010 - Medical
Dec 1, 2010 - DS-230I & DS-2001 forms mailed back
Feb 1, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!!!
Feb 7, 2011 - Passport with Visa received via courier
June 7, 2011 - POE Los Angeles (LAX)
June 18, 2011 - 2-Year Green card received in the mail!!!

My ROC journey:
April 2, 2013 - I-751 package mailed to California Service Center

April 3, 2013 - NOA1 date
April 8, 2013 - check cleared
May 6, 2013 - Biometrics completed

July 25, 2013 - 10 year green card APPROVED!! (notification via text and email, and website updated)

July 29, 2013 - ROC approval letter received in the mail

July 31, 2013 - 10 year green card received in the mail!!!

My N-400 journey:

March 19, 2014 - N-400 package mailed to Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

March 24, 2014 - NOA1 date and Priority Date

March 27, 2014 - Check cleared

April 21, 2014 - Biometrics done

May 7, 2014 - In line for interview

June 23, 2014 - Scheduled for interview

July 28, 2014 - Interview - PASSED!!

July 30, 2014 - In line for oath

July 31, 2014 - Scheduled for oath

Aug 2, 2014 - Oath letter received

Aug 27, 2014 - Oath ceremony, I am a US citizen!!!

Sep 11, 2014 - US passport received

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, we just got our I-751 approved so I figured I would post a list of everything that we sent. The items in red are the items that we sent after we got an RFE.

• Photocopy of 2011 federal tax transcript showing filing status as “Married Filing Jointly” for 2011.
  • Photocopy of 2012 federal tax transcript showing filing status as “Married Filing Jointly” for 2012.
  • Copy of car insurance policy listing both as drivers.
  • Copy of 401(k) account information showing spouse as beneficiary.
  • Copy of life insurance information showing spouse as beneficiary.
  • Photocopies of 2012 W-2s showing shared residence.
  • Photocopy of retail installment sale contract for jointly purchased vehicle showing joint installment loan.
  • Photocopies of checked baggage receipts from a joint trip.
  • Photocopies of joint credit card account statements (old and recent) showing account remains active.
  • Photocopies of joint checking/saving account statements (old and recent) showing accounts remain active.
  • Photocopies of driver licenses showing shared residence.
  • Photocopy of Vehicle Registration for jointly purchased vehicle showing shared residence.
  • Photocopy of application for Social Security card showing shared residence.
  • Various photos.
  • Notarized affidavit from sister-in-law.
  • Notarized affidavit from father-in-law.

*Also, at the end of your cover letter, if you are missing any important items then say why you don’t have them. For example we were living with my father so we included a copy of his driver's license to show that all the addresses matched up. We also stated how we didn't have children as of yet and that we didn't keep copies of any money transfers or phone records over the course of our marriage.

*Another note: don't sent copies of tax returns, send TRANSCRIPTS from IRS. On our RFE they asked us for a transcript of our 2012 tax returns when we only sent a copy of the forms.

yeMBfha.jpg

• 5 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Thread closed to additional discussion, pinned topics are for informational purposes only and are not meant for general Q&A. If you have a question about your case, please start your own thread.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.