diane79

ROC not enough evidence?

5 posts in this topic

Hello

We have to send out package for our removal of conditions, and we are already late. 

My concern is mainly that our documents don't cover the entire 2 years we have been together. We only have all the last information, car insurance for the last period, last utility  bill, etc

Regarding bank accounts, in my bank, I just added him like a month ago to all my accounts. The reason is that we never really care about having him in my accounts. So he appears only in the last statement.  In his bank account, he added me before we got married, and I never changed my last name, so I still appear with my maiden name. I didn't change my last name to his, I hyphened it, so at least there is one last name that it is shown in the statements. I don't know if I should submit those bank statements.

I have 2 CDs,  that are few months old, he is on them too.

we have a personal loan signed in August this year, and 2 car loans, one signed in February and the other one in July. We are together in all these 3 loans.

We only have the lease for this year, last year is missing. 

w-2's for my husband are missing as well (I do have mine)

I suspect that he has just been shredding everything during this time.

We do have tax returns for 2016-2017 and 2 affidavits, one from a friend and another from our neighbor. 

We have medical insurance together, but he just added me in July when I changed my job and I didn't want to have the insurance through them.

We don't have any receipts from previous trips because we never kept the receipts or anything.

We do have pictures together and with my stepdaughter who lives with us. 

Do you think we are going to have problems? I don't mind going to the interview, but I'm concerned we will get an RFE and we still won't be able to provide documents covering the span of 2 years.

Any piece of advice what we can do? especially with the bank statements?

Now I'm so mad at me for being so irresponsible and not keeping all those documents during all that time.

Thanks in advance for your help

K1

02-02-2015 Package Sent by Express Mail

06-15-2015 Interview: APPROVED :dancing:

07-01-2015 Visa in Hand

09-06-2015 POE

10-09-2015 Wedding (L):wub:

----------------------------------------------------------

AOS

11-09-2015 AOS, EAD & AP Sent by Express Mail (Dearborn Address)

11-19-2015 AOS, EAD & AP confirmation e-mails received

12-14-2015 Biometrics completed

01-06-2016 AOS Approved :dance:

01-11-2016 GREEN CARD in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROC

11-06-2017 Package Sent by Express Mail 

11-13-2017 NOA received

12-05-2017 Biometrics completed

08-18-2018 Copy of extension letter received

10-16-2018 Original extension letter received

Naturalization

01-26-2019 N-400 filled online

Are you the LPR or USC?

Old statements can normally be had by contacting the company with whom the policy or account was with. 

Make a bulleted list of all your current evidence like you would for a cover sheet and we can help you sort out what's missing. 

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Haiti
Timeline

How long ago did you submit? It's taking over a year currently before a file is adjudicated. So you have some time to collect more evidence. You can begin the process of getting old statements from your joint account and any other joint accounts. But the best thing you can do is start saving now... Save everything. Then if you do get an RFE at least you have something more to send. You can also create a will or do medical power of attorney which are good evidence. Don't kick yourself too hard for your small stack. Instead move forward and make sure you have a big stack if you need it in the future.

K-1 from Haiti - NOA1: 5/27/2014; NOA2: 7/8 USCIS never updated to say that it was sent to the NVC (just in case you're as concerned about your status not updating as I was about mine)
NVC Case Number Received: 7/31; Left NVC: 8/1 - tracked via DHL website; CEAC Status - Ready: 8/7; Packet 3 Received: 9/5 - Beneficiary received packet / Medical Completed: 9/19;
DS-160 Submitted: 9/22 - (CEAC date updated); Packet 3 Submitted: 9/26; Packet 4 Received: 10/24; Interview Date: 11/6 @ 7 am Interview Result: Approved!
CEAC Status Issued: 11/10; USTraveldocs.com finally acknowledged Fiance's passport actually in their system: 11/20; Passport Received: 11/21;

POE: 11/23/2014; Wedding: 2/14/2015

AOS/EAD/AP Filed: 2/21/2015;

USCIS EAD & AP received: 2/25; USCIS AOS received: 2/27; Received NOA1s in mail: 3/5; Biometrics: 3/26; EAD/AP Card in Production: 5/11; EAD/AP Card Mailed: 5/1; EAD/AP Card Received 5/19; NPIW Letter dated: 6/11/15; Green card Approved: 10/1/15;

Green card Received: 10/7/15

On 11/2/2017 at 7:10 AM, NikLR said:

Are you the LPR or USC?

Old statements can normally be had by contacting the company with whom the policy or account was with. 

Make a bulleted list of all your current evidence like you would for a cover sheet and we can help you sort out what's missing. 

I'm the permanent resident.

I gathered all I could and I'm just going to send it that way. Can't do much..

On 11/2/2017 at 6:11 PM, JR loves JR said:

How long ago did you submit? It's taking over a year currently before a file is adjudicated. So you have some time to collect more evidence. You can begin the process of getting old statements from your joint account and any other joint accounts. But the best thing you can do is start saving now... Save everything. Then if you do get an RFE at least you have something more to send. You can also create a will or do medical power of attorney which are good evidence. Don't kick yourself too hard for your small stack. Instead move forward and make sure you have a big stack if you need it in the future.

I'm submitting it tomorrow. I will just send my husband's bank statements with my maiden name on it and in the cover letter I'm mentioning it. We also have joint CD's from last year, and loans together, so I hope this is enought (besides tax returns,  car and medical insurance, bills, Life insurance from my husband with me as beneficiary, w-2's )

K1

02-02-2015 Package Sent by Express Mail

06-15-2015 Interview: APPROVED :dancing:

07-01-2015 Visa in Hand

09-06-2015 POE

10-09-2015 Wedding (L):wub:

AOS

11-09-2015 AOS, EAD & AP Sent by Express Mail (Dearborn Address)

11-19-2015 AOS, EAD & AP confirmation e-mails received

12-14-2015 Biometrics completed

01-06-2016 AOS Approved :dance:

01-11-2016 GREEN CARD in hand!!!!!!!!!!!!

ROC

11-06-2017 Package Sent by Express Mail 

11-13-2017 NOA received

12-05-2017 Biometrics completed

08-18-2018 Copy of extension letter received

10-16-2018 Original extension letter received

Naturalization

01-26-2019 N-400 filled online

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline
On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 10:30 PM, diane79 said:

Hello

We have to send out package for our removal of conditions, and we are already late. 

My concern is mainly that our documents don't cover the entire 2 years we have been together. We only have all the last information, car insurance for the last period, last utility  bill, etc

Regarding bank accounts, in my bank, I just added him like a month ago to all my accounts. The reason is that we never really care about having him in my accounts. So he appears only in the last statement.  In his bank account, he added me before we got married, and I never changed my last name, so I still appear with my maiden name. I didn't change my last name to his, I hyphened it, so at least there is one last name that it is shown in the statements. I don't know if I should submit those bank statements.

I have 2 CDs,  that are few months old, he is on them too.

we have a personal loan signed in August this year, and 2 car loans, one signed in February and the other one in July. We are together in all these 3 loans.

We only have the lease for this year, last year is missing. 

w-2's for my husband are missing as well (I do have mine)

I suspect that he has just been shredding everything during this time.

We do have tax returns for 2016-2017 and 2 affidavits, one from a friend and another from our neighbor. 

We have medical insurance together, but he just added me in July when I changed my job and I didn't want to have the insurance through them.

We don't have any receipts from previous trips because we never kept the receipts or anything.

We do have pictures together and with my stepdaughter who lives with us. 

Do you think we are going to have problems? I don't mind going to the interview, but I'm concerned we will get an RFE and we still won't be able to provide documents covering the span of 2 years.

Any piece of advice what we can do? especially with the bank statements?

Now I'm so mad at me for being so irresponsible and not keeping all those documents during all that time.

Thanks in advance for your help

1.  he added me before we got married, and I never changed my last name, so I still appear with my maiden name. Submit these even if they have your maiden name.

2. we have a personal loan signed in August this year, and 2 car loans, one signed in February and the other one in July. We are together in all these 3 loans. Send these & and also send proof of joint payments.- also send car insurance with both your names for all 3 vehicles.

3. We only have the lease for this year, last year is missing - Contact your landlord and get a copy scanned over to you or submit copies of payments of rent from the joint account / checks

4. w-2's for my husband are missing as well (I do have mine) - Contact the company and get a copy / the information on the joint tax return should show his employer's tax id as well.

5.We do have tax returns for 2016-2017 - these should be joint tax returns

6.2 affidavits, one from a friend and another from our neighbor. these are pretty low on the evidence poll

7. We have medical insurance together, but he just added me in July when I changed my job and I didn't want to have the insurance through them - send in a copy of your old insurance card to show you had it until the job change

8. We don't have any receipts from previous trips because we never kept the receipts or anything. Look through the emails for confirmations - Also, show on the credit card bills the payment for that vacation / hotel / trip etc if the trips were just road trips then send in photos, evidence of meals at the location - transactions on the bank statements / credit card.

9.We do have pictures together and with my stepdaughter who lives with us. Show the living arrangements -  custody agreement - get a letter from her school showing that she lives with you / her address, showing that you are one of the emergency contacts.

10. Do you think we are going to have problems? I don't mind going to the interview, but I'm concerned we will get an RFE and we still won't be able to provide documents covering the span of 2 years

The way the trends have been happening, you will most likely have to attend an interview - USCIS does not process ROCs as before ,they want to interview everyone, therefore the very long wait times.

Main point - your job is to offer enough proof from the start - you are better off waiting a few days and getting more proof together ( such as the ones mentioned above).

What you want to avoid is the officer looking at the package and saying - oh he just added her to the lease this year, and to the bank account a month ago, and to the health insurance in July -ONLY BECAUSE they need to show proof of joint stuff..... so you need to send in extra proof to overcome the way things appear as of now....

• sending I130 05/16/2007
  • cheque is cashed on 06/11/2007
  • NOA1 in mail 06/13/2007 (who said 13 is badluck )
  • 07/30/2007 After no touches and no other signs we just got an email with the APPROVAL of I130....Thank God !....now what ?

• 08/07/2007 Case received by NVC and case number assigned :))

• 08/13/2007 DS3032 and AOS bill were generated

• 08/14/2007 Emailed choice of agent ...i'm so curious when they will accept it...hopefully soon

• 08/21/2007 DS3032 and AOS fee bill arive in mail

• 08/27/2007 paid AOS fee bill
  • 8/28/2007 DS3032 choice of agent accepted
  • 9/3/2007 IV fee bill generated

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.