Danny and Taly

USCIS website processing vs VJ timeline accuracy

24 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hello All,

We submitted our paperwork just over 3 months ago. We did receive NOA1 and receipt. According to the VJ timeline we should get our NOA 2 around 113 days after. Which will put it at mid to late September. From time to time I check the USCIS processing time and it was saying January 1 2017 for the past 3 months. As of yesterday now is says they are processing apps as of February 1 2017. Does anyone know the accuracy of the USCIS processing times?

If USCIS website is accurate, this would be mean we would have to wait another 3 months according to USCIS website. Any advice on who to listen to? Should I be expecting to wait a total of 7 months to NOA2 or closer to 4?

And thoughts or experience?

Thank you!

Danny

There are cases from April being approved as we speak. Uscis need to cover their own backs. Some (but very few) cases are unfortunately left behind. Im not sure that any would take 7 months however. The 'norm' currently is 4-5 months ^_^

K1 Visa

Spoiler

Met: January 2014
Filed K1: April 2017
I-129F received: 4/10/17
I-129F NOA1: 4/13/17
I-129F NOA2: 8/19/17

NVC received our case: 9/01/17

NVC assigned a case number: 9/01/17

Case Ready: 9/08/17

Visa Medical: 9/21/17

Visa Interview - Approved: 10/17/17

P.O.E: 11/20/17

AOS

Spoiler

Filed AOS,AP,EAD: 02/16/18

Case received: 02/21/18

Case NOA1: 02/26/18

RFIE: 03/14/18 (birth cert translation Eng:Eng) 

Interview: 06/25/2018

Green card issued: 07/11/2018

EAD/AP received: 07/16/2018

Green Card received: 07/18/2018

ROC

Packet mailed: 04/14/20

Packet received/NOA date: 04/17/20
NOA and extension received: never received 

Non-delivery notice sent: 5/17/20

NOA re-mailed: 5/19/20

2nd NOA received: 5/23/20

Timeline

That's kinda what I was thinking. Considering the norm is 4 months. Thank you so much for your reply. That's make me feel a better some apps are being processed now. Thanks again! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hi.

well i know its really terrible waiting for NOA2, i have av been waiting since feb. i av not gotten my NOA2,  lets be patient. if you keep following the updates of VJ timeline sometimes it goes back and forth and it can be frustrating at times.

i also guess we from west Africa also get treated later than other countries. so you are on the better side.

keep calm.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Teepee said:

hi.

well i know its really terrible waiting for NOA2, i have av been waiting since feb. i av not gotten my NOA2,  lets be patient. if you keep following the updates of VJ timeline sometimes it goes back and forth and it can be frustrating at times.

i also guess we from west Africa also get treated later than other countries. so you are on the better side.

keep calm.

I've been waiting to receive NOA2 since Nov 2016 and my husband to is from west  Africa and I to wonder if that's why I haven't heard anything from USCIS but Nebraska Service Center Is who I got stuck with and they are slow

Timeline
1 hour ago, Danny and Taly said:
1 hour ago, Danny and Taly said:

Hello All,

We submitted our paperwork just over 3 months ago. We did receive NOA1 and receipt. According to the VJ timeline we should get our NOA 2 around 113 days after. Which will put it at mid to late September. From time to time I check the USCIS processing time and it was saying January 1 2017 for the past 3 months. As of yesterday now is says they are processing apps as of February 1 2017. Does anyone know the accuracy of the USCIS processing times?

If USCIS website is accurate, this would be mean we would have to wait another 3 months according to USCIS website. Any advice on who to listen to? Should I be expecting to wait a total of 7 months to NOA2 or closer to 4?

Thank you!

Danny

Count your blessings that you're not stuck in Nebraska

USCIS is still currently working on April 2017 cases. Just based on VJ members' posts, doesn't sound like anyone from the May 2017 group has received a NOA2 yet. Presently, the NOA2 is taking at least 4 months. If you filed in May 2017, your case is likely to be adjudicated some time in September 2017. Fingers crossed and all the best! :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
4 hours ago, KULtoATL said:

USCIS is still currently working on April 2017 cases. Just based on VJ members' posts, doesn't sound like anyone from the May 2017 group has received a NOA2 yet. Presently, the NOA2 is taking at least 4 months. If you filed in May 2017, your case is likely to be adjudicated some time in September 2017. Fingers crossed and all the best! :)

Thank you so much! I hope that's the case. 

1 minute ago, Danny and Taly said:

Thank you so much! I hope that's the case. 

This process is long and exhausting but one needs to have a lot of patience and faith. It will happen, just that sometimes our timeline could be longer than others. Therefore, best not to compare other than getting a rough idea as to what month's applications are being processed currently :)

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
7 hours ago, Sundee said:

Yes very painful and just not right....

It says you've filed for a k3 visa, is that true? They are pretty much obsolete now, so it will most likely be changed to the CR1/IR1

<3  Our K-1 Visa Journey <3

I-129f sent -- 2-18-2016        

NOA1 -- 2-24-2016

NOA2 -- 05-02-2016

NVC received -- 05-13-2016

NVC left -- 05-18-2016

Embassy received -- 5-22-2016

Interview Date -- 8-31-2016

Interview Result -- APPROVED!!!

AP -- (09-07-2016)

Visa Issued -- 9-08-2016

US Entry -- 09-24-2016

<3 MARRIAGE -- 10-21-2016 <3

AOS, EAD, AND AP Filed 01-05-2017

NOA1 -- 01-19-2017

Biometrics -- 02-06-2017

EAD and AP approved -- 05-19-2017

AOS approved -- 08-24-2017

Received card -- 09-01-2017

❤ Baby boy is here!! December 26th 2017 ❤

15 hours ago, Danny and Taly said:

Hello All,

Thank you!

Danny

We applied in March & still waiting yesterday was 5 months for NOA2 called down there and was told they are working on January cases so the VJ timeline is not correct our says July 28

I submitted my I-130 in December and recieved my NAO1 in December 2016.  Still waiting on the NAO2.  My case was at the TSC and now got transferred to the local USCIS office.  I scheduled an InfoPass appointment yesterday and was told to wait another 30 to 40 days to receive a letter for an interview at the local USCIS and yes I am the petitioner and I am a US Citizen filing for my wife who is overseas.

Be patient

Timeline
9 hours ago, Meg&Andrew said:

It says you've filed for a k3 visa, is that true? They are pretty much obsolete now, so it will most likely be changed to the CR1/IR1

Yes my lawyer filed the K3 and I questioned him after I had seen places like Rapid Visa change the K3 on their web site to the CT1/IRI. I don't have much faith in my lawyer now but if already paid him over $3500 so he better get on the ball cos people on here seem to know more then my lawyer..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.