Chigsblue

B1,B2 Visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Please guys I need guideline or solution on how to get it right on B1, B2 Visa that was denied me and my family. We applied for a tourist Visa from Nigeria last year. I own a Real Estate Company and my wife was a homemaker. So our Visa was rejected because my wife did not have strong ties. So that same last year, my wife got a job in a bank so we decided now to apply this year again since she's got a job that pays her well which is strong ties. At this time, we decided to use my wife's friend who stays in Odessa Texas in the US as out contact person and place we will be going to stay for tourism. Three(3) days before our interview date my wife's friend got a call from DHS in America to ask her if she's aware about our visit for tourism. They asked her if my wife was pregnant and she said No but she's aware that we are coming to America for tourism. She also told the DHS  that we are not coming to her house directly that she's going to meet us somewhere and in our DS-160 Application Form we never said we are going somewhere else before going to Odessa Texas. So from what she said, it looks like we lied in our DS 160 form about our intent of tourism. So when we went for our interview, it was denied. She later told us that she was sorry about that it was a mistake from her side. Now I want to when how we can apply again and for how long it will take us to reply. We are not going to be illegal immigrants in the US. I have a Real Estate company with people working for me and I make good money in Real Estate. I have my own property and now my wife have a job in the bank that pays her well too. Please I need a guideline on what to do when next I will apply. Thanks in anticipation of you guys prompt response.

You applied last year and this year, alas, you and your family were denied both times. I wouldn't exactly encourage you to re-apply right away or anytime soon. You would risk looking desperate. 

Are you sure that DHS called your friend? Are you sure that her conversation with the alleged DHS person was what got your B2 applications denied? Did the DHS phone call to your friend come up during the B2 interview? Are you sure you did not get denied because you couldn't prove strong ties to your home country besides your real estate business and your wife's bank job?

Why are you so eager to go to the US? If it's for a vacation, can you not travel elsewhere where it's easier to get a visa or it's visa-free for Nigerian passport holders?

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
37 minutes ago, KULtoATL said:

You applied last year and this year, alas, you and your family were denied both times. I wouldn't exactly encourage you to re-apply right away or anytime soon. You would risk looking desperate. 

Are you sure that DHS called your friend? Are you sure that her conversation with the alleged DHS person was what got your B2 applications denied? Did the DHS phone call to your friend come up during the B2 interview? Are you sure you did not get denied because you couldn't prove strong ties to your home country besides your real estate business and your wife's bank job?

Why are you so eager to go to the US? If it's for a vacation, can you not travel elsewhere where it's easier to get a visa or it's visa-free for Nigerian passport holders?

I think DHS called her cos just on last Friday, my wife chatted with her to let her know that we will be going for interview on Monday that was yesterday. She first asked my wife when is our interview, then my wife told her Monday. So she said that DHS called her and she told them that she's on vacation that they have to call her back.  That was all the told my wife on Friday night. Then yesterday been Monday, she was the one that first chatted with my wife to know the outcome of the interview. My wife told her we were rejected and she said ooh so sorry about that but the truth is that DHS called her and she told them that she's aware that we are coming but not her house directly that she's gonna meet us somewhere. I saw it that he practical lied to my wife that she told them she was on vacation that she didn't really speak to them but on the other hand she spoke to them and lied to my wife. She just waited to see the out come of our interview before telling us the very truth.  I have a strong ties cos I own a Real Estate Company and I have people that works for me and I have cars and I have a house of my own and my wife works in a good bank. I don't really know any other strong ties to have. I really love America since my childhook watching some good American movies and the beauty of America.  I love to visit America. So what advice can you give me? Thank you so very much.

3 minutes ago, Chigsblue said:

I think DHS called her cos just on last Friday, my wife chatted with her to let her know that we will be going for interview on Monday that was yesterday. She first asked my wife when is our interview, then my wife told her Monday. So she said that DHS called her and she told them that she's on vacation that they have to call her back.  That was all the told my wife on Friday night. Then yesterday been Monday, she was the one that first chatted with my wife to know the outcome of the interview. My wife told her we were rejected and she said ooh so sorry about that but the truth is that DHS called her and she told them that she's aware that we are coming but not her house directly that she's gonna meet us somewhere. I saw it that he practical lied to my wife that she told them she was on vacation that she didn't really speak to them but on the other hand she spoke to them and lied to my wife. She just waited to see the out come of our interview before telling us the very truth.  I have a strong ties cos I own a Real Estate Company and I have people that works for me and I have cars and I have a house of my own and my wife works in a good bank. I don't really know any other strong ties to have. I really love America since my childhook watching some good American movies and the beauty of America.  I love to visit America. So what advice can you give me? Thank you so very much.

All that is just your assumption. Your embassy is a tough one, be it for non-immigrant or immigrant visa. Sad to say, you hadn't proved your ties sufficiently to the consular officer and that you're unwilling to abandon them. Back to the DS-160, you can put a friend or relative as your point of contact in the US but obviously that doesn't mean you'll visit them as soon as you get off the plane. Therefore, the consular officer wouldn't have presumed you lied on your DS-160. Your friend's apology is most likely a sympathetic gesture and by no means meant that she caused your visa denial. Really.

Instead of worrying about getting a B2, establish some other overseas travels with your family first. Couple that with your business, your wife's well paying job, assets and good bank balances, you might have a bit of a slim chance. Next time when your wife re-applies with you, make sure she brings a letter from her employer stating her leave duration and when she's expected to return to work. 

These are older threads but they will give you an idea about applying for a B2 in Nigeria. B2 applications are often denied so you are not alone and like I've been saying, I doubt your friend's alleged phone conversation was the root cause of denial:

For my I-129F, K-1, AOS, EAD, AP and ROC detailed timelines, please refer to my timeline page :)

ROC filed on December 1, 2020, assigned to SRC, approved within 106 days on February 18, 2021.

My sincerest gratitude to all VJers, especially the late geowrian.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Chigsblue said:

Thank you so very much for your respond and advice. I really appreciate all that.

5 hours ago, Chigsblue said:

Please guys I need guideline or solution on how to get it right on B1, B2 Visa that was denied me and my family. We applied for a tourist Visa from Nigeria last year. I own a Real Estate Company and my wife was a homemaker. So our Visa was rejected because my wife did not have strong ties. So that same last year, my wife got a job in a bank so we decided now to apply this year again since she's got a job that pays her well which is strong ties. At this time, we decided to use my wife's friend who stays in Odessa Texas in the US as out contact person and place we will be going to stay for tourism. Three(3) days before our interview date my wife's friend got a call from DHS in America to ask her if she's aware about our visit for tourism. They asked her if my wife was pregnant and she said No but she's aware that we are coming to America for tourism. She also told the DHS  that we are not coming to her house directly that she's going to meet us somewhere and in our DS-160 Application Form we never said we are going somewhere else before going to Odessa Texas. So from what she said, it looks like we lied in our DS 160 form about our intent of tourism. So when we went for our interview, it was denied. She later told us that she was sorry about that it was a mistake from her side. Now I want to when how we can apply again and for how long it will take us to reply. We are not going to be illegal immigrants in the US. I have a Real Estate company with people working for me and I make good money in Real Estate. I have my own property and now my wife have a job in the bank that pays her well too. Please I need a guideline on what to do when next I will apply. Thanks in anticipation of you guys prompt response.

The way you explain it here also sounds like you lied about your plans. You say "this time we decided to use my wife's friend as the place we will be going to stay". Why would you "be using your wife's friend"? If you were actually going to stay with your wife's friend, there would be no "using" involved, you would have a set place to stay and an itinerary. It sounds like a lie.

It also sounds like you're really desperate to get to the US for whatever reason. If we can see that here, then US consular officers can see it as well. You also need to look at why you are being denied for your visa. Just the fact that your wife doesn't have strong ties doesn't necessarily equate to a denial for you as well. Is there something on your end that may be cause for denial? We've seen many couples here apply for tourist visas and only one of the two receives it.

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The problem now is you have bee tagged as liars and that is hard to overcome.  Where else have you travelled ?   Perhaps a trip to Europe first to show that you return from vacations when granted visas ?

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Duplicate questions removed from Zombie threads. Please do not post your questions in other members threads. I removed 2 post from 4 year old threads, merged one to this thread. It helps members to see all your questions and replies in one thread.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

A visitor visa is mainly about credibility.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline
2 hours ago, NigeriaorBust said:

The problem now is you have bee tagged as liars and that is hard to overcome.  Where else have you travelled ?   Perhaps a trip to Europe first to show that you return from vacations when granted visas ?

We have actually travelled to Trinidad and Tobago in 2015.

Timeline
3 hours ago, Teddy B said:

The way you explain it here also sounds like you lied about your plans. You say "this time we decided to use my wife's friend as the place we will be going to stay". Why would you "be using your wife's friend"? If you were actually going to stay with your wife's friend, there would be no "using" involved, you would have a set place to stay and an itinerary. It sounds like a lie.

It also sounds like you're really desperate to get to the US for whatever reason. If we can see that here, then US consular officers can see it as well. You also need to look at why you are being denied for your visa. Just the fact that your wife doesn't have strong ties doesn't necessarily equate to a denial for you as well. Is there something on your end that may be cause for denial? We've seen many couples here apply for tourist visas and only one of the two receives it.

Yes I said we decided to use my wife's who stays in the US as where we will be staying just for two as we visit some tourist place in that same Texas. They first time we applied, we made hotel reservations so this time my wife suggested we stay in her friend's house. Am not desperate cos America is not the only place we can travel for tourism. I have notting to lie. Most people do lie and will get there visa and never returns. Me and wife has been to Trinidad and Tobago. I have no reason to lie what so ever.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.