Olusola

Countinuing Petitioning Process Abroad

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Already started my mom's i130 last month. But I honestly dislike America and don't wanna be here anymore. My sister needs my mom here so my mom can still come but I wanna get a one way ticket to Nigeria. I haven't gotten past the NOA1 stage yet and haven't done anything biometrics. My question is, would I be able to do all of this and continue the process with the US embassy in Nigeria? 

Timeline

I started the petition already as a citizen. Just waiting for NOA2. My sister is waiting for her passport so she just became a citizen. I won't be adjusting status or doing anything to imply I'm not coming back. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Olusola said:

I started the petition already as a citizen. Just waiting for NOA2. My sister is waiting for her passport so she just became a citizen. I won't be adjusting status or doing anything to imply I'm not coming back. 

Then wait until she's a citizen and re petition.  No family member, no family reunification visa.  To continue would be fraudulent 

Timeline

I don't see how that affects anything...I'm still a citizen and might come back to stay or visit or might even come back when she gets her visa....

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Olusola said:

I don't see how that affects anything...I'm still a citizen and might come back to stay or visit or might even come back when she gets her visa....

Because part of the petition is you living in the USA currently.  That's how is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The petition is to allow you to be reunited with your mom.  If you are residing in Nigeria and she is also then you are united.  You would have to show residence in the US ( paying taxes and other things )   to show you are a resident here even if you are visiting Nigeria long term.  If your sister is here and plans on staying it will be easy for her to show the need to be reunited with her (* your) mother. 

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.