11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am at the point of scheduling my fiance's interview but we have been having some issues. When it asks for our case number it says that it is invalid. This has been happening for about a week already and we are still not able to schedule his interview. Has this happened to any of you before? I finally called and they said they were escalating it but how long does this take?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Are you using the NVC case number? I think that's the one you need and not the USCIS one.

That's the only explanation that comes to mind, but still not at that stage, so let's see if someone else can give you a better hint. And let us know what they tell you :)

K1 Visa process 

Spoiler

30 March 2017 (Thu): i-129f sent

6 April 2017 (Thu): i-129f received- NOA1 RECEIVED DATE

12 April 2017 (Wed): NOA1 email/text confirmation

17 April 2017 (Mon): NOA1 hardcopy

10 August 2017 (Thu): NOA2 Approval date - 14 August 2017 (Mon): NOA2 hardcopy

24 August 2017 (Thu): NVC received and case # assigned (provided through phone call 8/25)

29 August 2017 (Tue): NVC left

30 August 2017 (Wed): Consulate Received (READY at the ceac tracker)

01 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 3 (instructions) received / Packet 3 sent (documents mailed)

02 September 2017 (Sat): NVC letter in the mail

08 September 2017 (Fri): Packet 4 received

11 September 2017 (Mon): Medical exam

21 September 2017 (Thu): Interview- APPROVED

26 September 2017 (Tue): Visa Issued

28 September 2017 (Thu): Visa Delivered (VOH)

20 October 2017 (Fri): POE Dallas Fort Worth

AOS/EAD/AP process 

Spoiler

08 January 2018 (Mon): AOS/EAD/AP package sent

09 January 2018 (Tue): Received date

10 January 2018 (Wed): Notice date

11 January 2018 (Thu): AOS/EAD/AP NOA texts and emails

16 January 2018 (Tue): NOAs hard copies received in the mail

26 January 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment in the mail

09 February 2018 (Fri): Biometrics appointment

05 April 2018 (Thu)Green Card Interview scheduled (email and text received 08 April, Sunday)

12 April 2018 (Thu): Green Card Interview appointment letter received in the mail

15 May 2018 (Tue): Green Card Interview: APPROVAL / Card is being produced

19 May 2018 (Sat): 1-797 Approval Notice received

23 May 2018 (Wed): Card was mailed

24 May 2018 (Thu): Post office picked up the mail. Tracking number.

25 May 2018 (Fri): Green Card RECEIVED

ROC process 

18 February 2020 (Tue): ROC package sent

19 February 2020 (Wed) Received date (also in Notice)

24 February 2020 (Mon) Notice date / ROC text and email

28 February 2020 (Fri) NOA/ Extension Letter in the mail

13 May 2020 (Wed) Case updated (Fingerprints were taken) - Notification received 18 May (Mon), stating I don't have to appear for a biometrics appointment

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Estibaliz said:

Are you using the NVC case number? I think that's the one you need and not the USCIS one.

That's the only explanation that comes to mind, but still not at that stage, so let's see if someone else can give you a better hint. And let us know what they tell you :)

Yes, that's what we have been trying. We will just wait to hear back and see what they tell us.

Timeline
Just now, MarcosiMedzi said:

Even us here in the Philippines experience that. We just made the payment 12hours ago and still it says invalid receipt number

It's not even letting us pay. It is pretty frustrating

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, Cristal y Rubén said:

It's not even letting us pay. It is pretty frustrating

I feel you. What we are feeling was so frustrating too as we made the payment already and it says invalid still.. Maybe we have to wait for the payment to be posted. Coz we got different process maybe you can try to upgrade your browser as sometimes its browser problems too.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

You cannot use the USCIS  numer to request the appointment interview in Venezuela, you need the CRS number. (I guess CRS number stands for Caracas). I remember I got mine like 2 weeks after my NoA 2 arrived. My now husband (then fiance) called several times to the NVC and took us solid 2 weeks. Once we got the number he sent an email to the Caracas embassy and requested my interview appointment. I got the email with my appointment like 11 days later. Good thing is that the embassy gives you at least a month in advanced for the interview so you have plenty of time to get all the paperwork and get the doctor's appointment ready.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

YIRsm4.png   Mi1Gm4.pngTh37m4.png    

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

fNidm5.png NXDpm4.png    VaECm4.png 

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline
1 minute ago, Andrea&Henry said:

You cannot use the USCIS  numer to request the appointment interview in Venezuela, you need the CRS number. (I guess CRS number stands for Caracas). I remember I got mine like 2 weeks after my NoA 2 arrived. My now husband (then fiance) called several times to the NVC and took us solid 2 weeks. Once we got the number he sent an email to the Caracas embassy and requested my interview appointment. I got the email with my appointment like 11 days later. Good thing is that the embassy gives you at least a month in advanced for the interview so you have plenty of time to get all the paperwork and get the doctor's appointment ready.

Right, It is our CRS number that we have been trying but it still says invalid. They say the embassy should be contacting us soon. I just don't know how soon is soon for them with everything happening. 

Timeline
Just now, Cristal y Rubén said:

Right, It is our CRS number that we have been trying but it still says invalid. They say the embassy should be contacting us soon. I just don't know how soon is soon for them with everything happening. 

umm ok!! that's so weird. Well, if they told you to wait for the embassy, just wait although I truly believe about being "proactive" and when I say proactive I mean email them once a week until they reply back (worked for us). We sent the 1st email on february 3rd, 2012 and after like 10 days nothing.We sent a second one and got a reply like the next day with an appointment date. Is not like you are going to harass them but you know, pushing a little bit wont kill you. I know other cases of venezuelan folks who had to get a little pushy too...plus all the nightmare Venezuelan is going through right now, I wouldn't stop inquiring.

Im not trying to be negative but realistic...we are pretty much near a civil war right now, and I wouldn't be surprise if things get uglier, they can close the embassy, so you know be very "proactive". 

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

2013                                                  2014                                                     2015

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Andrea&Henry said:

umm ok!! that's so weird. Well, if they told you to wait for the embassy, just wait although I truly believe about being "proactive" and when I say proactive I mean email them once a week until they reply back (worked for us). We sent the 1st email on february 3rd, 2012 and after like 10 days nothing.We sent a second one and got a reply like the next day with an appointment date. Is not like you are going to harass them but you know, pushing a little bit wont kill you. I know other cases of venezuelan folks who had to get a little pushy too...plus all the nightmare Venezuelan is going through right now, I wouldn't stop inquiring.

Im not trying to be negative but realistic...we are pretty much near a civil war right now, and I wouldn't be surprise if things get uglier, they can close the embassy, so you know be very "proactive". 

I know. I have been so stressed with everything happening in Venezuela and very concerned for his safety. We are doing this process through an attorney and yet I am constantly trying to figure things out myself. I just get so worried that it will get to the point where he may not be able to leave at all. We do have a plan b which is move to another country together. But it is a big decision.

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Cristal y Rubén said:

I know. I have been so stressed with everything happening in Venezuela and very concerned for his safety. We are doing this process through an attorney and yet I am constantly trying to figure things out myself. I just get so worried that it will get to the point where he may not be able to leave at all. We do have a plan b which is move to another country together. But it is a big decision.

I don't want to add stress to your situation at all but in my experience, attorneys only make things harder and slower for us. I've been helping venezuelan vj members since 2011 and many had to drop their lawyers because the made things worst plus is not cheap. I was even tempted to hire one myself when my husband and I got engaged and wanted to pursuit the fiance visa for me. I did all my immigration journey until my citizenship just using the amazing support of this site. This process is extreme DIY....is not complicated at all.

I strongly suggest you to take things into matters because let's face it, the longer it takes, more money your lawyer makes. Im not saying they are all like that, but noone is more interested in doing thinks the right way but you.  Discard the idea of moving to another country because you guys are almost there. You are already married, the CR1 is a long one and you are running, literally the last stretch. Don't even think about quitting now after all the time and the money invested.

Just do what I recommended you, email them at least once a week until they give you an answer,and I will also call the NVC as many times as you can to get the right CRS number. You have the right to get the right one.

You are ALMOST there!!! get pushy and cite all the carzy things that aree going on and that you must bring your spouse soon for the sake of his safety.

OUR AMAZING JOURNEY 

UiSpm4.pngHWwxm4.png

VRj7m4.png4IFnm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.