Yuli2016

Working visa for russian student

40 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, Im on F1 visa studying my MBA program. I want to get a work visa H1-B and stay in the US. But i faced so many difficulties with applying my resume. All companies where I had internships (5) they exploited me by promising provide me with sponsorships and pay me after 3 months internship program but in the end they didn't pay me nothing and told me they stopped to provide work visas. So I have started at new companies over and over and every where had the same problem. I have my school for one year more and still hope and trying to find a sponsor for my visa but honestly more I do more I understand its almost impossible.

I really really want to work but I have to work in my specialization and if its not I can have a big problems with Immigration agency. I feel like I'm in a vicious circle and don't know what to do.Any advices in my situation?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Yuli

Hello, Im on F1 visa studying my MBA program. I want to get a work visa H1-B and stay in the US. But i faced so many difficulties with applying my resume. All companies where I had internships (5) they exploited me by promising provide me with sponsorships and pay me after 3 months internship program but in the end they didn't pay me nothing and told me they stopped to provide work visas. So I have started at new companies over and over and every where had the same problem. I have my school for one year more and still hope and trying to find a sponsor for my visa but honestly more I do more I understand its almost impossible.

I really really want to work but I have to work in my specialization and if its not I can have a big problems with Immigration agency. I feel like I'm in a vicious circle and don't know what to do.Any advices in my situation?

Yuli2016 From this information: http://www.uscis.gov/eir/visa-guide/h-1b-specialty-occupation/understanding-h-1b-requirements there a long list of qualifications necessary for the H1-B but the gist of it that you have to find an employer willing to hire you and sponsor you for the H1-B visa in order to work legally and it appears that there is no way around it. In order to stay and work you will have to continue getting yourself out there to find a firm who will employ you. The process appears to be daunting but with getting your MBA you still might have a chance to land an employer. I see that you are in Los Angeles have been to any job fairs? Does your school have a placement program? There is LinkedIn where you can get yourself out there and network? There are definitely some good avenues and tools available. I'm in LA too send me a PM and I can make additional suggestions or ask some friend. What your area of expertise?

:joy:

Timeline

Yuli

Yuli2016 From this information: http://www.uscis.gov/eir/visa-guide/h-1b-specialty-occupation/understanding-h-1b-requirements there a long list of qualifications necessary for the H1-B but the gist of it that you have to find an employer willing to hire you and sponsor you for the H1-B visa in order to work legally and it appears that there is no way around it. In order to stay and work you will have to continue getting yourself out there to find a firm who will employ you. The process appears to be daunting but with getting your MBA you still might have a chance to land an employer. I see that you are in Los Angeles have been to any job fairs? Does your school have a placement program? There is LinkedIn where you can get yourself out there and network? There are definitely some good avenues and tools available. I'm in LA too send me a PM and I can make additional suggestions or ask some friend. What your area of expertise?

:joy:

Thank you yes I read it many times, talked with immigration attorney, went to special workshops, jobs fairs etc. But most companies they don't teach you anything just see as a temporary thing at their companies. I know its a painful process for any company to sponsor a foreigner because they need to pay 65k per year and it will cost a lot of money to proceed the request and needs a lot of documentation. So, basically, any companies exploit you, don't teach you nothing because they know they won't afford this long standing process. I have Linkedn, Glassdoor, Internships etc accounts and still struggling to find a real company which will respect me and give me an opportunity you know.

Im specialized in digital marketing. I had internships in social media, e commerce, administrative positions. Now study HTML, CSS, Javascript in order to be more competitive and knowledgable.

Edited by Yuli2016

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline

Thank you yes I read it many times, talked with immigration attorney, went to special workshops, jobs fairs etc. But most companies they don't teach you anything just see as a temporary thing at their companies. I know its a painful process for any company to sponsor a foreigner because they need to pay 65k per year and it will cost a lot of money to proceed the request and needs a lot of documentation. So, basically, any companies exploit you, don't teach you nothing because they know they won't afford this long standing process. I have Linkedn, Glassdoor, Internships etc accounts and still struggling to find a real company which will respect me and give me an opportunity you know.

Im specialized in digital marketing. I had internships in social media, e commerce, administrative positions. Now study HTML, CSS, Javascript in order to be more competitive and knowledgable.

Yuli2016 Sounds like you have been doing your homework and networking. It's a hard process and it's not easier that there isn't an alternative to work in the US outside a Fiance or Marriage visas. It's too difficult and IMO it should be easier but it's not. Getting a job is Los Angeles is hard but I don't want to disappoint you. i hope that you keep working at it and are able to be successful. Your credentials like impressive; how much experience have you had prior to starting your MBA? What school are you pursuing your MBA? I hope that you don't become discouraged but continue looking. Perhaps when you successfully graduate with your MBA you will have a more positive outcome after all you will have a local US degree. Did you get your B.A./B.S. here or in Russia? My wife who is from Poland, (and speaks Russian by the way), had to start all over with her education in order to find gainful employment. It's a good thing that you have more time to look and continue searching. I hope that you will be successful!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I would concentrate on larger companies especially within the IT sector, they obtain most of the H1b's. Especially Indian Outsourcing companies.

Are you looking at non profits? Profit companies are subject to the lottery.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Whoa - what about, instead, completing your MBA and taking a year after for OPT ?

in the interim, all this other stuff for seeking a company to sponsor an H1-B visa for you - hey ! Talk with the DSO at your school, soonish and next !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Whoa - what about, instead, completing your MBA and taking a year after for OPT ?

in the interim, all this other stuff for seeking a company to sponsor an H1-B visa for you - hey ! Talk with the DSO at your school, soonish and next !

Im doing already my OPT because I'm planning by the time i finish my degree I'm gonna find a stable job cause i don't want to waste my time. So now on I'm having internships and trying to find a potential sponsor company.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ok - i'm very confused, then,

so

I'm out.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I would concentrate on larger companies especially within the IT sector, they obtain most of the H1b's. Especially Indian Outsourcing companies.

Are you looking at non profits? Profit companies are subject to the lottery.

Thank you for your advice about non profit organizations nobody never told me about this.

The problem is big companies have filter which narrows down my opportunities. I study at Devry university its not UCLA or USC and I am just 25 years I am a bit young to be too competitive for other graduated students. So, because of these factors I have very limited chances and have to depend on a good luck.

Timeline

Yuli2016 Sounds like you have been doing your homework and networking. It's a hard process and it's not easier that there isn't an alternative to work in the US outside a Fiance or Marriage visas. It's too difficult and IMO it should be easier but it's not. Getting a job is Los Angeles is hard but I don't want to disappoint you. i hope that you keep working at it and are able to be successful. Your credentials like impressive; how much experience have you had prior to starting your MBA? What school are you pursuing your MBA? I hope that you don't become discouraged but continue looking. Perhaps when you successfully graduate with your MBA you will have a more positive outcome after all you will have a local US degree. Did you get your B.A./B.S. here or in Russia? My wife who is from Poland, (and speaks Russian by the way), had to start all over with her education in order to find gainful employment. It's a good thing that you have more time to look and continue searching. I hope that you will be successful!

Yes marriage is a way to figure out my issue but I prefer depend on my self and be more independent and find a real love not a temporary results you know.I have started my MBA since one year ago.Its Devry university. I got my BA in Russia and came here to continue my education 2 years ago.Its amazing your wife is from Poland.Slavic women are the most beautiful!

Thank you for your help:)

Timeline

Thank you for your advice about non profit organizations nobody never told me about this.

The problem is big companies have filter which narrows down my opportunities. I study at Devry university its not UCLA or USC and I am just 25 years I am a bit young to be too competitive for other graduated students. So, because of these factors I have very limited chances and have to depend on a good luck.

Never heard of DeVry, a quick Google suggest it was an odd choice.

I do not have a MBA, I have friends who have, and always understood that the institution and its reputation was as important as the qualification itself.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Never heard of DeVry, a quick Google suggest it was an odd choice.

I do not have a MBA, I have friends who have, and always understood that the institution and its reputation was as important as the qualification itselfYes i

Yes i agree with you. But by the time i applied for this school i didn't have an option. I wanted to study at ucla or usc but they didn't because they are one of the best schools in America and very competitive. Pepperdine university accepted me but said they will put me in a wait list so i need to wait and apply for a next year but they won't give me any guarantees that they will get me in due to high competitive contest. So only Devry university told me i can start immediately and don't waste my time for one year or longer. And it was a right decision because when i started my program at Devry (exchange rate $-russian rubles was good 1$-25 rubles) my parents help me and have a budget for my education but as you know since last year the US has put many sanctions on Russia especially $ towards my currency.Now the exchange currency is 1$-75 rubles. So my parents didn't except such a drastic shift and wouldn't let me study in the US. So i got my chance to study in the US OTHERWISE if i could wait for one more year i wouldn't be here you know. So its kind of blessing in disguise

Timeline

Sounds like the DeVry reputation is what is hurting you, no idea of the way around that.

Non Profits are not subject to the cap and lottery so a much safer bet.

Timeline

Sounds like the DeVry reputation is what is hurting you, no idea of the way around that.

Non Profits are not subject to the cap and lottery so a much safer bet.

maybe but without Devry i wouldn't have this opportunity. Right now its a high level of unemployment not only in America all over the world. Even graduates from BETTER schoolS can't find a job, so Im just, I guess, not in a right political and economical times in the US.

Edited by Yuli2016

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.