Ellyah

Its ridicules 2 years waiting for Green card and 3 RFE

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

I came with k1 visa here in USA in Sep 2012. Get married in Dec 2012 and send the documents AOS for green card little before New Year.

In July I had my interview In Chicago. I had some instructions for some documents that they needed more in this time:

• Affiliate of support – they wanted document form my employer husband (who just change his work) that he make enough money. We were 4 people in the household in this time – Me my husband and my step children, who live with us. He was making 32 000 include the child support so he can cover me and the children.
  • More prove for our relationship – I send a lot of document – bank statement, medical insurance and ect.
  • Medical Exams – I should make some vaccine.

I was already pregnant in 4th month with our baby and I couldn’t make chicken pox vaccine. My doctor who makes my document told me I should have a problem about that.

I send my RFE in November. After this time I my case is on pending more than a 1 year.

After i call in January, march n July to national center and they couldn’t tell me information I received a new RFE in July!!!! It was about my medical exam that was expired. That wasn’t true and after I talk with my doctor he told me the same. Never mind I made again my examination and that vaccine I couldn’t have when I was pregnant….. Again my case was on pending till 21 October…. When I receive new RFE!!!!!

• Again my Medical Exam Is expired – that can’t be impossible!!!!
  • Joint sponsor because my husband doesn’t make enough money for 5 in 2014. But Affiliate of support was sent in 2012 and new one in 2013 when we were still 4 in our household and he could support us.
  • And they want a proof that we r still living together.

I am so lost and I don’t know what to do. Do I have to make new medical exam or send a copy that I made in July 2014 and I sent to them.

My husband don’t make 28 000 + child support that soon we can prove but won’t be enough about 2000 dollars. Do we need to look for joint sponsor?

We are thinking his parents can be our joint sponsor. Is that mean his dad and mom have to fill i-864 individually?

Do you think will be better to look for help from senator before send my documents again?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

oh my gosh!!! Talk to senator, take an info pass to talk in a uscis office in person. About what's going on what do you need what do they want.

Even bring the medicals with you if it's necessary.

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Contact ur Senator, and file with CIS Ombudsman. They accepted our case and helped us.

http://www.dhs.gov/case-assistance

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Hi,

I'm sorry about your situation, I know it's so frustrating. I'm not sure what you mean about the child support though, does he receive child support from the children's mother?

If he doesn't make enough for the household size, then you guys will need a joint sponsor. It can be anyone that makes enough, they don't have to be related. If you decide to use his parents they will need their own I-864 for one parent, plus an I-864A for the other parent. Your husband still needs his own I-864. Do his parents make enough to be joint sponsors?

As for the for the medical exam, you lost me there. How many exams did you have? The medical exam for the K1, that I'm aware of, is only valid for one year.

You can contact your senators or congressperson, but you have to get the paperwork in order otherwise you will keep getting RFE's.

This does not constitute legal advice.

Timeline

He receive a child support but we couldn't prove it. Soon we are waiting for a court order.

I had a one medical exam before came here August 2012. I make one in September 2013 because USCIS told me i had missing vaccines. And one i June 2014 when they send me a RFE for expired medical exam.

If he will be using joint sponsors, he doesn't have to worry about proving the child support income anymore, and by the looks of it you said that it still won't be enough anyway.

Wow, three medical exams, that's a lot of money. Fortunately, the one from June would be valid until June 2015 so it's good. Are the vaccines all up to date as well?

What you have to do now is carefully review the RFE and the docs you sent in. Make sure that you didn't accidentally include one of the old medicals in with the new one. I would attach a letter explaining that your medical isn't expired because it was done on June this year. Revise the medical itself and make sure its dated, filled out, and signed properly, same for vaccines, make sure everything's there and in order and send those in.

You didn't tell me if his parents make enough to be joint sponsors. He will need a joint sponsor if he doesn't make enough or the AOS may be denied based on public charge grounds. His parents will need an I-864 and I-864A and make enough money for their household size including you.

Now, you have been here since 2012, are you working? Because you are able to include your income and/or assets if it helps you guys meet the requirements. So you can include his income/assets, the child support, and your income/assets in order to meet the requirements. If it's still not enough, then he must use a joint sponsor.

Timeline

My husband parents make enough money from theirs retirement. I hope there is no problem about that.

I wish i am working! I was having a child while i was here in USA. I am looking for job right now and care for all our kids.

It will be ok if i send them a copy from my medical exam with enplane i have done it n other RFE?

There is no problem with them being joint sponsors just because they are retired, as long as their income is enough and it's not means tested like SSI.

Assuming that they don't have dependents, minor children, and they haven't sponsored other immigrants before, they need to make enough for a household of 3, which includes you as the intending immigrant. For a household of 3, they have to make $24,737 a year, if they make that or more, they are ok as joint sponsors.

It's ok if you're not working, I only asked to see if you could have used that income for the I-864. You have to prepare a new I-864 for your new household size, and because the one you submitted is expired, with new supporting docs. Your in laws need to prepare an I-864 and an I-864A with their supporting docs.

As for the medical, if you send it in already, you can send in another copy with a letter explaining that the medical you sent in isn't expired and that this RFE is incorrect. Before you do that, go over the medical and make sure it was properly filled out, i.e. correct date, signature, etc.

You said that you had a new medical in June, so that's good, make sure the medical has this date. Also make sure that the vaccines aren't expired either, it's possible that you may need boosters, if you had them a while ago, or if you never got some because you were pregnant, you would need to get them.

Timeline

Vaccines can be expired ? A lot of them i made it before i came here in USA because i lost all my document! I am almost sure they are not expired bcs i talk wit the doctor that he made it twice. He said should be everything ok. He said i didn't have a problem before, he check everything! Now i have to go and talk with him again.

Thx a lot i just so frustrated ....make all again and wait!

Not necessarily expire, but some vaccines have to be given boosters and if you didn't get all of them, or the doctor didn't check off that you got all of them, or didn't waive them, that may be a possible issue. That's why you need to go over the I693 and what ever else you have. I have seen a couple of cases where the doc didn't fill the form out correctly. You just want to make sure everything is correct.

Timeline

You are right but when i had conversation with the woman who made the interview , about i am pregnant and cant take a vaccine she said its doctor decision to make some of vaccines or no. She enplane she is not a doctor and he is this who have to check that all vaccine are competed that she care. But like i see its like they lost my documents bcs its seems like they talk about only my first ones not all other from the RFE i sent ...

I see, but you had a new medical in June of this year and you weren't pregnant at the time, so I think they would expect for you to get the vaccines.

You said you didn't get the chicken pox vaccine before because you were pregnant. Since you had to submit a new medical and you're no longer pregnant, you had to get this vaccine if you didn't get it done before.

That's why it's important to make sure that you have all of the vaccines you need, and if you didn't have any vaccines solely because of your pregnancy, get them now and have them put on your I-693. If you didn't get some vaccines because of your age or because you are already immune, make sure that this is reflected on the I-693 as well.

I don't know if they may have lost the docs or not, but like I said before, write a letter explaining that your medical is currently valid and that you have all of your vaccines (if you had all of them done) and attach the medical results again. Read the RFE step by step in order to make sure you send everything.

If you would like, you can upload a copy of your RFE, block out any personal info (names, dob, alien/case numbers, etc) and I could help walk you through the RFE.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Did you have another full medical exam, or just some blood tests and vaccinations? I ask because the medical is only valid for a year, and you would need to get the full medical exam again, including all required vaccinations. If you did not get a new medical exam, that might be why they asked for a new medical more than once.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.