meggy91224

Won't have a full time job until 2015?

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hey, VJ!

I am a current college student and don't really make enough money to sponsor my fiance to come on K1...When he has his interview we were hoping I would have found a full time job by then so that I could. We assumed it would be about 9 months to a year before he got his interview based on estimated processing times and his country. I just submitted our appliction.

So, I recently obtained that full time job that would enable me to make enough for the requirements to sponsor him, however, it will not start until August of 2015, about 6-8 months prior to his estimated arrival and approval time. I will have 10,000 dollars in the bank though that I can use to help us until then. Is there any way he could still be approved if I don't have a cosponsor and don't start this job until 2015? I can get a letter from my employer stating I have the job and my salary and all.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You cannot use a job offer letter to satisfy the income requirements of the affidavit of support. You will need enough income and/or assets or a co-sponsor that does.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Jay-Kay is correct.

Your other option is to delay the interview till you have the job.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Even if you sign a contract and the boss signs a letter saying he will honestly, cross his heart, hire you. You have no income yet, thus it does not count.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hey, VJ!

I am a current college student and don't really make enough money to sponsor my fiance to come on K1...When he has his interview we were hoping I would have found a full time job by then so that I could. We assumed it would be about 9 months to a year before he got his interview based on estimated processing times and his country. I just submitted our appliction.

So, I recently obtained that full time job that would enable me to make enough for the requirements to sponsor him, however, it will not start until August of 2015, about 6-8 months prior to his estimated arrival and approval time.

Shouldn't be an issue. Current income at the time of the interview is key.....or get a cosponsor.

I will have 10,000 dollars in the bank though that I can use to help us until then.

Not enough.

Is there any way he could still be approved if I don't have a cosponsor and don't start this job until 2015?

No

I can get a letter from my employer stating I have the job and my salary and all.....

Nope, must be current income.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

You must actually be employed... And are you sure you do. Not mean August 2014 (since aug 2015 as stated is over 1 year 4months away)? Best bet is find co sponsor as you currently do not qualify...

10/14/2000 - Met Aboard a Cruise ship

06/14/2003 - Married Savona Italy

I-130

03/21/2009 - I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

11-30-09: GOT GREEN CARD in mail!!!!!!

Citizenship Process;

1/11/2013: Mailed N400 to Dallas Texas

3/11/2013: interview.. Approved

4/4/2013. : Oath! Now a U.S. citizen!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

A co-sponsor is the other route. Each consulate has their own rules on it and some will not even allow it. So check into it.

But a future job that is not generating a paycheck now will not cut it, nor will $10 G in liquid assets.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.