melemon

I-129F sent with standard mail, no delivery conformation now. Is this a big mistake?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hi there again,

We sent our I-129F on 15th of March, but apparently my fiance has sent it via standard mail, no USPS and to make things even more messed up he forgot to attach the e-notification form. Now we don't have any tracking information or email/text notification option.

I am doing my best not to worry or make him feel bad, but I cant stop thinking about it.

Can someone tell me please, is this a big mistake? What is the worse thing that may happen?

Thank you so much for all the help here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't worry too much - I'm sure it will come.. I sent mine standard mail with a receipt.. and it took about a week...a week and a half for me to receive :)

Feb 2013- Met Online- started chatting.secret7vf.gif

March 2013- Met in person..started dating.heart.gifrose.gif

December 5th,2013- Filed 129Freading.gif

December 19th- Alien number change.dancin5hr.gif

December 20th (approx)- Received NOA1idea9dv.gif

Have since been ANXIOUSLY awaitting ANY kind of change.. or news. :clock:

NOTTA...for 6 months... Grrr (almost lost my mind) :ranting:

JUNE 16TH 2014- NOA2 APPROVED- YAYYYYYYYY :D

JULY 1ST 2014- NVC RECEIVED OUR CASE! B-)

AUGUST 5TH 2014- MEDICAL :innocent:

AUGUST 20TH 2014- INTERVIEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!! :dance:

AUGUST 20th 2014- APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!! :energy:

Timeline

Don't worry too much - I'm sure it will come.. I sent mine standard mail with a receipt.. and it took about a week...a week and a half for me to receive :)

Thank you!

Just some days are worse than others and everything seems scary or just harder than usual. But one friendly answer like this and I already feel better. It will end some day right? We won't stay in this limbo forever.

Good luck to you too!

Nothing wrong with sending it standard mail. You might have to wait a little longer but that's all. You will still get the hardcopy NOA1 in the mail, which will contain your receipt number you can use to track your case online.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Timeline

Nothing wrong with sending it standard mail. You might have to wait a little longer but that's all. You will still get the hardcopy NOA1 in the mail, which will contain your receipt number you can use to track your case online.

Thank you!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

:guides: The guides say it best, for good reason. The recommendations are the culmination of multitudes of successful visa journeys. Should you choose to follow a different path.... Hopefully you won't have any delivery issues.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

We sent it via standard mail too and it got there ok, even with the holidays (we sent it right before Christmas) Don't feel bad, we are all nervous through this process and I've felt like yelling at my fiance once or twice too... :P Poor guy! But you're right, what's done is done, no use getting mad at him. I'm really glad I was visiting when we send our package and I could do most of the work! Just made me feel better to review everything.

The others are right, it's not a big deal at all. He'll get the NOA1 through regular mail and with that case number you can look up the progress at the USCIS website. Also, you can subscribe to a mailing list at USCIS and get a notification when there are status changed (basically RFE or NOA2) AND once it's at NVC you can call them and give them your phones and e-mails and they'll input it in the system, so no problem!

Good luck!

OUR TIMELINE (not completed yet!)

I-129F Sent: Dec 20th 2013

I-129F NOA1: Jan 3rd 2014 (notification received by e-mail and text message; hard copy received on Jan 10th)
I-129F NOA2: Jan 27th 2014 (notification through USCIS mailing list; hard copy received on Feb 3rd)
NVC Received: Feb 07th 2014 (verified through phone call; no notification received)
NVC Left: Feb 11th 2014 (CEAC status changed to "in transit"; called NVC to verify)
Processed at Consulate: Feb 20th 2014 (I sent the embassy an e-mail on Feb 18th and they replied Feb 21st saying that they had received my case the day before)
Package 3 received: Feb 21st 2014 (sent by embassy through e-mail attachment; it was a Word document; they usually send it through regular mail)
Package 3 sent: Feb 24th 2014 (received at the consulate Feb 25th; I know this because I sent a certified letter with online tracking)
Interview date: April 30th 2014 (notification received by e-mail on March 21st; hard copy received on March 26th)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Watch for the check to be cashed. That is a good sign it was received and the NOA1 receipt notice should be on its way not too long after that.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Case Filing and Progress Reports - topic is filing/case status ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

:guides: The guides say it best, for good reason. The recommendations are the culmination of multitudes of successful visa journeys. Should you choose to follow a different path.... Hopefully you won't have any delivery issues.

Good luck on your visa journey.

You are right but I have read them a 1000 times. This is the only thing I didn't tell him specifically as I assumed it was a common sense. It took us 6 months to prepare this package. I would have sent it with a delivery conformation. Oh well..

Timeline

Watch for the check to be cashed. That is a good sign it was received and the NOA1 receipt notice should be on its way not too long after that.

~ Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Case Filing and Progress Reports - topic is filing/case status ~

We will check for that, thanks again for your help.

Timeline

We sent it via standard mail too and it got there ok, even with the holidays (we sent it right before Christmas) Don't feel bad, we are all nervous through this process and I've felt like yelling at my fiance once or twice too... :P Poor guy! But you're right, what's done is done, no use getting mad at him. I'm really glad I was visiting when we send our package and I could do most of the work! Just made me feel better to review everything.

The others are right, it's not a big deal at all. He'll get the NOA1 through regular mail and with that case number you can look up the progress at the USCIS website. Also, you can subscribe to a mailing list at USCIS and get a notification when there are status changed (basically RFE or NOA2) AND once it's at NVC you can call them and give them your phones and e-mails and they'll input it in the system, so no problem!

Good luck!

Ugh, I am not even mad, I am puzzled how disorganized he can be!

Thanks for your support and understanding.

Good luck to you too!

My NOA1 took about 15 days from the day I mailed our petition until I got the hard copy in the mail. It'll likely be fine. :)

Edited by Tina and Johan

K1 Visa timeline:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

02/01/2014 - mailed our petition

07/25/2014 - Johan arrives in Los Angeles! 

*See updated timeline for specific dates.*

AOS timeline:~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

08/02/2014 - AOS, EAD, AP applications mailed. 

11/17/2014 - K2 gets an interview waiver letter in the mail (dated November 12th) (K1 has never gotten this letter)

08/24/2015 - Green cards are FINALLY in hand after nearly 13 months of waiting. 

ROC timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

05/01/2017 - ROC application sent 

05/02/2017 - CSC receives our package

05/03/2017 - Official NOA1 date

05/10/2017 - MO cashed at our bank

05/12/2017 - NOA 1 is in the mailbox.

05/20/2017 - Biometrics letter in hand

05/31/2017 - biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

06/19/2018 - ROC still pending with no news but that wonky glitch back in February, so we went ahead and filed for citizenship

N-400 timeline: ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

06/19/2018 - N-400 application filed online

06/20/2018 - NOA1 received online for Naturalization application

06/25/2018 - Biometrics notification online (PDF Document)

07/12/2018 - Biometrics appt (Oxnard, CA)

Timeline

My NOA1 took about 15 days from the day I mailed our petition until I got the hard copy in the mail. It'll likely be fine. :)

Thank you, for that information. I will be patient and hope it will be fine. :)

All the best to you and good luck with the procces!

Timeline

Thank you!

Just some days are worse than others and everything seems scary or just harder than usual. But one friendly answer like this and I already feel better. It will end some day right? We won't stay in this limbo forever.

Good luck to you too!

It will end for sure some day :-) ....everything will be fine,just try to not think about it.

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.