Angela256z

About how long before I am given access to DS-260 and IV Fee?

69 posts in this topic

So I just paid my AOS fee yesterday when it became avaialble and mailed our AOS packet today. The AOS is still in processing, but I expect to clear before the packet gets to them.

About how long from now can I expect the IV Fee to be available and the DS-260?

* 21 APR 2016 - 90 Days before husbands conditional green card expires

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

So I just paid my AOS fee yesterday when it became avaialble and mailed our AOS packet today. The AOS is still in processing, but I expect to clear before the packet gets to them.

IV fee is all about the DS-261. So how long ago did you complete and submit that?

remember two separate paths AOS and IV bill.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

IV fee is all about the DS-261. So how long ago did you complete and submit that?

remember two separate paths AOS and IV bill.

I submitted that about Feb 26th.

I am waiting for 1 month now for iv bill...and it is taking forever.

Oh know. That is long. I hope yours comes soon.

Ours was 15 days from AOS available to IV available. (Feb 11th and Feb 26th, respectively)

Thank you!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Same as you. I paid my AOS fee two days ago. I checked my account today and it is withdrawn from my account. I mailed my AOS packet yesterday. I think it will not be for long before we get the IV bill. A friend of mine told me that he got his AOS and IV back to back when he petitioned for his wife. Good luck in your journey.

As someone said above....IV fee has NOTHING to do with AOS. Once the NVC ACCEPTS your DS 261, then the IV fee bill becomes available....

As someone said above....IV fee has NOTHING to do with AOS. Once the NVC ACCEPTS your DS 261, then the IV fee bill becomes available....

NVC accepted my DS-261 on the 3rd and I still don't have my IV fee.

Nope ^^^^False info. They received it on the 3rd. Still in review until the approx the 14th.

Filed: Other Country: Egypt
Timeline

hi, I went through the same and was also worried, but yes as mentioned from previous member it takes around 10 to 14 days... but also they are two different tracks the AOS requires certain documentation( I864 & the last Filled Taxes & Employment letter if applicable). And the IV Pack needs other documentation( Passport copies, Photo's,Marriage certificates & Others ).

So you can start by filling up the AOS Documentation and send them in.

Hope this helps!!

Hi angela... may i know how can i check if the NvC receive my ds -261? Thanks a lot ... im also waiting for the availability of my IV fee.

I just call and ask them. Also they gave me a 10 day window so I count 10 business days from when it was submitted. That would be Friday so hopefully I will have it by then.

hi, I went through the same and was also worried, but yes as mentioned from previous member it takes around 10 to 14 days... but also they are two different tracks the AOS requires certain documentation( I864 & the last Filled Taxes & Employment letter if applicable). And the IV Pack needs other documentation( Passport copies, Photo's,Marriage certificates & Others ).

So you can start by filling up the AOS Documentation and send them in.

Hope this helps!!

Already done! Paid the AOS fee and sent the packet the next day. So that arrived there on Monday. Just wish I could start the other track now. I am a little impatient biggrin.png

Argh! It's so frustrating isn't it!!! I think I'm at roughly the same place as you Angela...and losing patience (well I think I've lost it to be fair). So we're looking at 10-15 business days from DS261 submission? I sent my civil documents to my husband but I think that was just in an effort to feel like I was getting somewhere. The plan is for him to 'overnight' them once the IV bit gets underway...Keep smiling eh! smile.png. I hope your bill comes through quickly - will keep fingers crossed for us all!!!

Argh! It's so frustrating isn't it!!! I think I'm at roughly the same place as you Angela...and losing patience (well I think I've lost it to be fair). So we're looking at 10-15 business days from DS261 submission? I sent my civil documents to my husband but I think that was just in an effort to feel like I was getting somewhere. The plan is for him to 'overnight' them once the IV bit gets underway...Keep smiling eh! smile.png. I hope your bill comes through quickly - will keep fingers crossed for us all!!!

We are very close with the time lines. Maybe our spouses will be at the embassy at the same time :D I did get my email saying the invoice has been sent, but still no change to the site. Hopefully in the morning. Then my husband can overnight his packet over and we can fill out the DS260. My patience is definately gone. I am so anxious to have my husband home with me.

ok im on the same situation... hopefully tomo or early next week!!

Yes I hope so too! Good Luck to everyone!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.