jordanianprincess

Poll - When you met your SO

Lets see how much we have in common with each other  

113 members have voted

1. 1. How did you meet your Fiance/Spouse?

• Internet chat room
    • Internet dating site
    • While vacationing/working in his/her area
    • Through freinds/family
    • Other
  2. 2. How long were you together before getting engaged/married?

• 6 months or less
    • 6 months - 1 year
    • 1-2 years
    • 2-4 years
    • 4 years or more
  3. 3. How many visits have you made to each other since meeting?

• One
    • Two
    • Three
    • Four
    • Five or more (if anyone checks this I'm gonna be jealous)

53 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

I think i voted but never answered.

The short story.

Met on yahoo July 2003 became friends. Started liking each other. I told him I always wanted to go to the middle east soo he invited me to come and stay with him and his family and get to know him in real life.

Flew to Jordan February 13, 2004. Asked me to marry him in front of his mother I said yes and we were engaged to be married

September 11, 2004 flew to Jordan to be with my SO and plan wedding.

February 1, 2005 got married in Jordan.

May of 2005 went back to Jordan missing my haiaty keteer keteer.

Visa issue husband arrived February 2006

February 1, 2007 - Married for two years.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Wooo, sucessful internet marriages unite! Working on year 2 (or 4, depending on how you count it) of mine!

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Well i went over to Jordan to work on excavating at a Byzantine/Bronze Age tomb complex... and Ammar was also working there too as a Teaching Assistant for all the little University kids from Yarmouk University and University of Arkansas. We worked together, and it took about a week for the flirting to come to anything. Anyway, I was there for 6 weeks, left, went back after a month and a half (I was all what should I do?! Then decide WTH, just go!! Be crazy!!) and we got engaged... then we got married in November about 2 months after that so it took us about 5 months all together from start to finish. I went again for 7 weeks this past May (working again for 5 of those) and stayed with him... then I just went a couple of weeks ago for 10 days. We're becoming pros at the 6 month seperations and hopefully this is the last one.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

LOL, wow so many replies! I don't even remember making this thread. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline
Well i went over to Jordan to work on excavating at a Byzantine/Bronze Age tomb complex... and Ammar was also working there too as a Teaching Assistant for all the little University kids from Yarmouk University and University of Arkansas. We worked together, and it took about a week for the flirting to come to anything. Anyway, I was there for 6 weeks, left, went back after a month and a half (I was all what should I do?! Then decide WTH, just go!! Be crazy!!) and we got engaged... then we got married in November about 2 months after that so it took us about 5 months all together from start to finish. I went again for 7 weeks this past May (working again for 5 of those) and stayed with him... then I just went a couple of weeks ago for 10 days. We're becoming pros at the 6 month seperations and hopefully this is the last one.

Ft. Smith???? My hometown!!! I've been in Texas most of my life now but all my family is in Ft. Smith or further up highway 71,LOL!! This was the starting point of my infamous post-xmas drive that had me leaving my beloved red car in Oklahoma . . . totalled!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I met my husband 3 years ago in my first training week in the Peace Corps. He was a private contractor doing a water project in the village where I was doing my language and technical training. We dated for a while and got engaged after about a year or so. We "lived in sin" after that until we finally got married last summer. It was very anti-climatic! We were best friends from day one. :D

Deeshla, which stage were you in? Was it the March 2004? I might have met you if your training was in Ouarzazate (can't remember if that was the health or environment sector)

I also met my guy in the Peace Corps about 3 1/2 years ago. I lived with his family temporarily when I moved to my assigned town. He was going to school in Erfoud, so I only saw him a few times. He was immediately smitten, but it took me a while (two years!) to end another relationship and see the truth! :luv:

Hi Liz! I was in the maternal and child health stage February 2003 but hen we were evacuated when the war started.

I came back in October 2003 for a mini-stage (I believe I stayed with your stage a bit in Fes and we swore in together - I was the one who did the speech in Tamazight). Finished August 2005.

I remember a Liz. Do you have red hair?

Oh ok, I remember you now, but I don't think we ever talked. Don't have red hair though! My best friend in the Peace Corps had red hair though (she marred a Moroccan, and her host brother, too!) We were both in the Khenifra region too, so maybe that's why you got us confused! :D

timeline doesn't matter.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.