28 posts in this topic

Hi, I currently have a CR1 case under AP in the counsuler in santo Domingo....my husband who's the beneficioner was once arrested for a non drug charge, however he was not convicted and the charges were dropped. The day of the interview, he was asked if he was previously arrested and he said yes, gave an explanation and gave the court papers to the officer. The consulate officer looked at the papers and said that everything was fine, but that she has to put the case under review to vertify that everything was true. She returned the passport to my husband and said that my husband would receive a call from her in a week so that he can then bring his passport and then they can issue his visa. The interview date was on March 17th 2016 and it has been 3 weeks since then. Has anyone gone through a similar experience?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Welcome to VJ. Your thread is now moved to the "Waivers/AP" forum, where related issues are discussed. Good luck with your situation.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Hi, I currently have a CR1 case under AP in the counsuler in santo Domingo....my husband who's the beneficioner was once arrested for a non drug charge, however he was not convicted and the charges were dropped. The day of the interview, he was asked if he was previously arrested and he said yes, gave an explanation and gave the court papers to the officer. The consulate officer looked at the papers and said that everything was fine, but that she has to put the case under review to vertify that everything was true. She returned the passport to my husband and said that my husband would receive a call from her in a week so that he can then bring his passport and then they can issue his visa. The interview date was on March 17th 2016 and it has been 3 weeks since then. Has anyone gone through a similar experience?

Yes my uncle went thru that and it took him 6 months. That is to verify everything is ok with him dont worry about it. They gonna approve his visa. You can email them in the next week cuz consulate in santo domingo is overload and is good to keep nagging them to remind them you are in hold..

Yes my uncle went thru that and it took him 6 months. That is to verify everything is ok with him dont worry about it. They gonna approve his visa. You can email them in the next week cuz consulate in santo domingo is overload and is good to keep nagging them to remind them you are in hold..

Still on AP,thanks Ken I hope it'll be faster then that :( it really sucks like why did the consule officer say it was going to take a week ... I have no other choice but to wait, next Monday it'll be a month , I'll call and send emails... I checked ceac website and it's been updated the date had been changed 3 times from march21 , April 8th and April 12th does that mean anything ?

Hi we had the interview the same day and the consular said he'll be receiving the passaport in 10 days. Still waiting for the passaport it's been a month already. I feel so sad about it. And also I did and check the same things like you for checking the status

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Still on AP,thanks Ken I hope it'll be faster then that :( it really sucks like why did the consule officer say it was going to take a week ... I have no other choice but to wait, next Monday it'll be a month , I'll call and send emails... I checked ceac website and it's been updated the date had been changed 3 times from march21 , April 8th and April 12th does that mean anything ?

Those updates don't mean a whole lot if they are in response to your calls or emails. Just have to wait. Patience is key. No one can really tell you how long as every case is different. AP seems to be quite the norm these days. You can look in the AP forum ans see all the other VJers waiting as well.

My personal opinion is that all visas are being scrutinized a bit more now. There are so many complaining of AP now Missing documents or additional checks add to that.

Edited by LionessDeon

read my timeline.

LB23 I'm sorry you're going through the same thing ? I guess it's happening to everyone, I'm not even sure. At

LionessDeon I haven't sent them any emails,and I haven't called them yet. So theyre definitely not updating my case because of that. It's true patience is definitely key and I haven't had much of that lately. It's so hard. I've been thinking of just going over there and waiting with my husband I've seen people that have been on AP for months almost a year and if that is so, I won't be able to handle that.

indhiraastacio I checked your time line and first I'd like to say congratulations next I'd like to say that was quite a long wait. When I went to the consulate we already had the court papers ready so thankfully I didn't have to send any supporting documents, I took literally everything hopefully that gives a little bit of leverage to not having to wait as long but you just never know

• 4 weeks later...

60 Days On AP and I'm going crazy.... This is so insane, I miss my husband so much, and this is so ridiculous that no one says a thing. This is definitely torture and I feel for everyone that has been and is currently on AP.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline

60 Days On AP and I'm going crazy.... This is so insane, I miss my husband so much, and this is so ridiculous that no one says a thing. This is definitely torture and I feel for everyone that has been and is currently on AP.

we re on the same boat 75days on AP not a single update!! Edited by bookman

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.