SanSalvador2014

Administrative Processing Status on IR-1/CR-1 Visa Application

26 posts in this topic

If I'm posting this in the wrong area I apologize.

I am the petitioner (US Citizen) and my husband the beneficiary.

My husband had his first interview on November 13, 2015. He said they expressed disbelief that we had gotten through the process to the interview stage so fast without assistance from a lawyer, and that they "requested" my presence at a second interview, to be scheduled at our convenience. He sent me a photo of the paper they handed him and all it had on it was an email address to write to for the second interview. No mention was made of 221g, denial or anything, just that they needed to speak to his wife. I went to El Salvador for the second interview in December of 2015. They interviewed us separately in what I have come to find out is a "Stokes" interview. They accused my husband in both interviews of colluding with his ex to defraud me since his son was born after we were married and because he lived with the kids and his ex during the year we had been waiting on the visa application. I provided printouts of our facebook messages to prove that I DID know about both things before we got married. I thought it was strange that they got excited over the messages thinking I had the most recent 3 months (Sept-Nov, 2015) and were visibly disappointed when I said the messages were from the first 3 months (July-Sept, 2014), since they seemed to be intent on convincing me that my husband was cheating and lying to me to get me to marry him so he could get papers while the messages proved that I knew and accepted the situation before the marriage. They also questioned why we were married so fast (we knew each other for over a year and then lost touch for about 8 years) and why I didn't travel to visit him more often (I'm in school and support myself alone through work, plus help out my husband financially when I can).

After they interviewed my husband they brought him out to where I was waiting and said that they would give their findings to the agent in charge of our case and would email us to let us know if they needed anything else or the decision on the application. I have been checking the case status on the CEAC website every day since. I have also emailed the embassy to ask if we could send more proofs of our marriage and was told that until we receive a request, there is nothing we can do until a decision is made. The status we get on the CEAC website is the following:

"Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days. Under the U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act, Immigrant Visas for "Diversity Visas" cannot be issued after September 30th of the year in which you were selected to apply for a Diversity Visa. For example, entrants into the Diversity Visa Program in Fall of 2011 were selected for Diversity Visa 2012 Program, and selectees MUST apply and receive their visa prior to September 30, 2012 otherwise they lose eligibility to receive a Diversity Immigrant Visa, regardless of additional administrative processing. In addition, please note that some immigrant visas may not be able to be issued if the annual numerical limit for that category has been reached."

Our case has been in this status for over 2 months. When the original 60 days expired they changed the "Status Updated Date" to 11-FEB-2016. I have called and emailed the embassy, and called the NVC to no avail. There is absolutely no way to get any other information regarding our case.

Has anyone else been through something like this?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

I have read AP can take weeks or years.if they are accusing him of these things, I suspect you may have a longer wait. I pray u don't. ..good luck

7/30/2015 Sent I130 priority mail to have tracking, I suggest you do the same.

8/4/2015 NOA1 (Nebraska)

12/17/2015 NOA2

♤♤while waiting for noa2, I read this wiki to get through

NVC quickly ->http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

12/24/2015 Petition Sent to NVC from Nebraska

1/4/2016 petition received at NVC (call and confirm it arrives. About 15 days try to get your case number and receipt number, I got mine in 11 days)

1/15/2016 Called NVC and got case/invoice number logged into this site to pay fees, pick agent -> https://ceac.state.gov/IV/Login.aspx 1/15/2016 picked agent DS-261

1/18/2016 paid aos fee

1/28/2016 review 261 to get iv fee unlocked ( unlocked once I did review,was taking to long)

2/1/ 2016 sent AOS & IV packets together to nvc while I waited for iv fee to open to save time.

2/4/2016 paid IV Fee and waited to do ds260

2/3/2016 nvc received aos and iv packets(scan date)

2/7/2016 ds260 completed and now waiting for cc

♧CASE COMPLETE. .. march 8th

3/11/15 interview email

4/20/15 shots 4/25/15 rest of medical exam

INTERVIEW APRIL 27TH @8:30

April 27th 221g for additional documentation and placed in administrative processsing.

June 20th submitted evidence requested

June 23rd case was touched by embassy

August 1st case was touched again.

AUGUST 16TH embassy called and wants a new co sponser yet he met requirements.

Found a new co-sponsor

Handed in aos sept 11th

Set 18th another update

Sept 28th update and embassy called

SEPT 29TH ISSUED FINALLY

OCT 2nd visa in hand

POE October 22nd 2016

APPROVED

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

You could appealed or done something with a lawyer at this point had your case been denied but in AP, there nothing you can do but to wait. Unfortunately, no one can tell how long you can be in AP queue..Pray for a miracle.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

• 1 month later...

My Husband has been on AP in El Salvador since 10/20/15. It sucks!!

I'm sorry you are going through this too. Have you had any updates on your status?

After our first 2 months they updated the "status updated date" to Feb 11th. It's been over another 2 months and they haven't done anything with it. I still get the "we can't tell you anything" answer when I email. I tried calling but it's worse than nothing. Just aggravation.

Same here they do not say anything, The funny thing is that we did our stuff without a lawyer to. The last update we got was 4/14/16 but still in Admin Processing. This is so stressful, I even got our Senator involved and they still don't want to say anything. When was his interview?

I'm sorry you are going through this too. Have you had any updates on your status?

After our first 2 months they updated the "status updated date" to Feb 11th. It's been over another 2 months and they haven't done anything with it. I still get the "we can't tell you anything" answer when I email. I tried calling but it's worse than nothing. Just aggravation.

Call your State Senator maybe they can help with your case. They are trying to help me with my husbands case. Did they take your husbands passport?

Call your State Senator maybe they can help with your case. They are trying to help me with my husbands case. Did they take your husbands passport?

No, they didn't take his passport. I'm not sure if that's bad or good. Did they take your husband's?

Same here they do not say anything, The funny thing is that we did our stuff without a lawyer to. The last update we got was 4/14/16 but still in Admin Processing. This is so stressful, I even got our Senator involved and they still don't want to say anything. When was his interview?

Do you know if the embassy is throwing a lot of us into Admin Processing, or if we are special cases?

No, they didn't take his passport. I'm not sure if that's bad or good. Did they take your husband's?

Yes, they did take his passport.

Do you know if the embassy is throwing a lot of us into Admin Processing, or if we are special cases?

I see people on AP but it does not take this long (like my Husband) it's been almost 6 months. He had a criminal case in El Salvador but he was declared innocent, we took all the paper work, so they said they were going to review it, but how long can they review it for. This is crazy. All we can do is pray that everything goes ok.

• 4 weeks later...

To update:

The end of April I wrote to our Senator's office to ask for their help. They contacted the embassy and through some back and forth where the embassy said we never did the dual interview, and then said yes we did when confronted with the evidence, we are now back to being in Admin Processing with no information. However, they keep updating the status date, almost every week (Apr 29th, May 3rd, May9th). Does anyone know anything about why they do that?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

That means they are working on your husbands case. Have you heard anything?

That means they are working on your husbands case. Have you heard anything?

• 3 months later...

Our case got sent back to USCIS on July 25th. It took calling the NVC to find out the Embassy had sent it back, and then sending the Embassy an email with screen shots proving they had not updated the case since May for them to tell us that "at some point of our case they could not prove we were married." This after we had offered further documentation only for them to refuse it. I'm so pissed at the Embassy right now I could spit nails.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.