Sumeja

Any tips for the interview or how to be less nervous?

33 posts in this topic

I am extremely nervous for my fiancées interview!

He's having his medical exam in 7 days and then we're scheduling the interview at the Bosnian embassy.

I've spent hours upon hours on visajourney preparing everything we need but I'm still scared what if one little thing goes wrong and he's God forbid denied. I would be absolutely heart broken and devastated.

I heard Bosnia isn't that strict but there's always a possibility that theres something the U.S officer might not like.

What if they have a problem with me not earing enough money and having to get a co-sponsor? What if they think its suspious that we don't want to have a wedding? What if my fiancé gets nervous and messes up on an answer?

There's only so much I can do to make sure his interview goes perfectly.

I hope and pray every night that his interview is approved and he gets the visa. I day dream about our future here in Chicago every single day.

Does anyone have any tips to put my mind at ease? I'm a nervous wreck.

Relax. Stress isn't healthy. Deal with things as they happen. Be prepared as best you can and adjust as needed, when needed. You can't control what people will think. You can't change you got a co-sponsor. You didnt make enough, so you got a co sponsor. You did what you needed to do and what you were supposed to do. don't freak about what you can't control. Listen to your own comment below. Just keep perspective. Nothing you have said is anything but standard fare for K1.

He's having his medical exam in 7 days and then we're scheduling the interview at the Bosnian embassy.
I've spent hours upon hours on visajourney preparing everything we need but I'm still scared what if one little thing goes wrong and he's God forbid denied. I would be absolutely heart broken and devastated.
I heard Bosnia isn't that strict but there's always a possibility that theres something the U.S officer might not like.
What if they have a problem with me not earing enough money and having to get a co-sponsor? What if they think its suspious that we don't want to have a wedding? What if my fiancé gets nervous and messes up on an answer?
I hope and pray every night that his interview is approved and he gets the visa. I day dream about our future here in Chicago every single day.

Thank you for the respond. ☺️

That made me feel a little better. As you said, these are allntypical situations with k1 visas.

It's just crazy to know that your entire future lies in someone's else's decision. On the bright side, very little visa cases get denied and most get approved.

Good luck to you on your interview!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I know how you feel....i have nothing at all i can think about that would lead to a denial at my interview, yet i keep thinking im going to get butchered and thrown into mordor during that time lol. Sometimes it is hard to relax and i just call it "being prepared". I am sure it will go fine :) do not worry.

Adjustment of Status

Date Filed : 2016-07-14

NOA Date : 2016-07-23

Bio. Appt. : 2016-08-08

Interview Date : 2016-10-25

Approval / Denial Date : 2016-10-25 APPROVED

Green card Received: 2016-11-02

Employment Authorization Document

Date Filed : 2016-07-14

Approved Date : 2016-09-19

(F) Every love story is beautiful but ours is my favourite (F)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Armenia
Timeline

I have my interview in less than a month.The only reason why I am confident and is I did everything I could and also my marriage is bona-fide so we shouldn't have a problem. And never stop praying because there is nothing in this world thats impossible with God.So go head and believe that for sure you will be fine

everything will be fine are you going as well..?

getting a co sponsor is fine dont worry about it...you had to do it and many other people will too you are not the only one we are here to calm you down at least because all awaits us as well please let us know how it went,I heard that Bosnia isen't that strict with K1 and Cr1 visas.:):joy::goofy:(F)

• ******NVC*****

5/23/2015 Case arrived at NVC

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/9/2016 Case Number and Invoice number received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Received

6/10/2016 Form DS-261 Sent

6/14/2016 AOS BILL INVOICED

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/16/2016 IV BILL Assigned

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV and AOS packet arrived at NVC

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

6/22/2016 Confirmation that they received the packet

• *****Embassy <3 <3 *****

Scan Date: June 17,2016 :ot2::ot2:

Case Complete: July 22,2016 <3<3<3 35 days since NVC Received it ******

CASE COMPLETE CONFIRMED IT ON THE PHONE JULY 25,2016

• AUGUST 22,2016 CASE SAYS READY
  • 2ND SCAN DATE :SEPTEMBER 1,2016
  • Medical Appointment: September 13,2016 <_< <_< <_< <_<

Interview Letter Via Email : August 5,2016

Interview Date: September 26,2016 :thumbs: :thumbs:

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

:goofy:(L)(L)(L)(L):dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:
event.png' class="bbc_url">[/entry]

[entry= event.png]

did you have a ceremony or anything have pictures

• ******NVC*****

6/7/2016 Didn’t get case number so case went to supervisor look *****(new time frame is 2 weeks to get your case and invoice number form NVC.)

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

I am in fact super nervous, but I've tried to destress and deal w/ things as they come vs everything under the sun and freaking about everything, if that 5% thing happens deal w/ it then not invest too much time freaking about it before.

Timing in my life has never gone great, always end up in the bubble or right after. My case is standard / legit all the way...and yes this is the worse part not having any control at all or being there and being on the sidelines. Earnestly tried to do everything comprehensively and proper and bear the weight for fiancee. I honestly dont think could have provided any more evidence that I have. Got some 3rd party service help so its hard to know exactly what they do/did, but im just trying to have some faith for a non religious person. I just trying to stay involved LEARN about the process and help other people and LEARN about their process since a lot of people here seem to not even want to learn about this stuff that involves them and just blindly go through it.

Its not easy, I was doing pretty good until this past week for so. Trying to prep for things to come, realizing fiancee uprooting, trying to prep for accommodations here, ESL, church...etc

Sorting out finances, future paperwork...etc.

But not wanting to get too ahead of the game or jinx/assume anything. Just can't do much now so....argh.

Maybe I need a boost too lol.

Edited by coldhands

please let us know how was it......when its complete :)

• ******NVC*****

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

Thanks so much for all your support, everyone! ☺️

It's hard not to worry but I'm doing my best not to.

Visajourney has definitely helped me a lot over these past few months in preparing everything.

My fiancé is brining over 30 pictures of us, a travel-receipt that we traveled to Istanbul together, a postcard I've sent him from Miami, a copy of my boarding pass that I went to see him this summer, Facebook conversions, and video call screenshots to the interview as proof of relationship. I think that's enough proof.

We also collected all the required documentation for his interview and got it translated to English, and the I 134 plus supporting documents for the affidavit of support such as tax returns, w2s, employment letter and paystubs.

I'm trying to think positively because we're prepared for the interview. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll keep you all updated on how the interview goes! ?

Good luck to you guys!

Thanks so much for all your support, everyone! ☺️

It's hard not to worry but I'm doing my best not to.

Visajourney has definitely helped me a lot over these past few months in preparing everything.

My fiancé is brining over 30 pictures of us, a travel-receipt that we traveled to Istanbul together, a postcard I've sent him from Miami, a copy of my boarding pass that I went to see him this summer, Facebook conversions, and video call screenshots to the interview as proof of relationship. I think that's enough proof.

We also collected all the required documentation for his interview and got it translated to English, and the I 134 plus supporting documents for the affidavit of support such as tax returns, w2s, employment letter and paystubs.

I'm trying to think positively because we're prepared for the interview. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'll keep you all updated on how the interview goes! ?

Good luck to you guys!

so you are married to him already right .?

• ******NVC*****

6/14/2016 AOS BILL PAID

6/17/2016 IV BILL PAID

6/17/2016 Scan Date

6/20/2016 DS-260 SENT

• Visa Approved:

Visa In Hand:

POE:

[entry= event.png]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

help him to be confident about this interview / make sure he knows everything about you / the questions range from personal (sex life) to stupid like what color is your house / they have not changed the questions since they use to do interview here in the states. They ask what you eat for breakfasyout. color of bedroom carpet, ( things no one would know unless they live here with you)

all you can do is tell him to go into interview confident of his love for you

answer all questions quickly / do not elaborate on a reason / just quick persice answers

Tell him to be absolutely serious / i made the mistake telling Adil to smile / when he did, CO said, "you smile, you lie" he couldn't believe someone called him a liar especially on the particular question she asked

1. so, stay cool / when he gets his visa your neck and shoulders can relax as we all know what tension does

2. tell him to be confident

3. make sure he knows all he can about you and your family

4. he should have photos of you and him and you and his family

5. no smiling

6. tell him not to be afraid to say he loves you

we made it / you will // Good luck

No, I'm not...

We're engaged and applying for a K1 visa.

If you're married, you would have to apply for a K3 visa.

You can't apply for a K1 visa if you're already married.

Its hard not to worry, but just remember if there was any problem with your case they would have flagged it up already

Your documents were in order, your case is genuine, then you have notinh to worry about

Relax it will soon be over

help him to be confident about this interview / make sure he knows everything about you / the questions range from personal (sex life) to stupid like what color is your house / they have not changed the questions since they use to do interview here in the states. They ask what you eat for breakfasyout. color of bedroom carpet, ( things no one would know unless they live here with you)

all you can do is tell him to go into interview confident of his love for you

answer all questions quickly / do not elaborate on a reason / just quick persice answers

Tell him to be absolutely serious / i made the mistake telling Adil to smile / when he did, CO said, "you smile, you lie" he couldn't believe someone called him a liar especially on the particular question she asked

1. so, stay cool / when he gets his visa your neck and shoulders can relax as we all know what tension does

2. tell him to be confident

3. make sure he knows all he can about you and your family

4. he should have photos of you and him and you and his family

5. no smiling

6. tell him not to be afraid to say he loves you

we made it / you will // Good luck

I guess it all depends on the Embassy, but when I had interview in Sarajevo embassy, not only did I smile, but CO also made jokes. They are not married and OP lives in the states, they never lived together, so her fiancee can't know all the questions about her apartment and her lifestyle. But it is important to tell your fiancee everything about you, even your previous relationships, everything about your family, etc. Make sure he knows your phone number and address by heart, they will ask him. Also go through your paperwork, make sure he doesn't mess up dates, like your birthday, anniversary, when and where was the last time you saw each other. Make sure he answers questions precisely, don't volunteer any info!

Good luck honey!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.