lala64

Embassy response to my Congressman

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi VJ family,

Just heard from my congressman's office in regards to my initial denial. The Chief Consular in Jamaica sent my congressman a letter stating that the interviewing consular said that the application was denied under 221G ( but no form given to my fiancé) for lack of evidence and inconsistencies in the interview with my fiancé( He did not know the exact age of my oldest son) the Consular said that he told my fiancé to provide more proof( This did not happen, he told my fiancé that he was sending the application back to the US) But since then, they have received communications in support of the petition and will be interviewing me and him on the 18th.

So now I know the exact reason... I can be prepared to address these issues at the next interview. My congressman has asked for a report after the second interview. I already have all my evidence in folders and will be spending time with my fiancé so that we are consistent with our answers. In any case, we will do the best we can to show them our relationship is real my being there after hardly anytime to prepare for the trip should hold some weight and I know that our STOKES will be the truest form of evidence. At the end of the day God has the final say. Keep us in your prayers and thanks to all that continue to support me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

May God put the words in both of your mouths that will show you have a bonafide relationship. God is good and has given you a second chance with the embassy.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Hi lala64!!

I'm really happy the Embassy answered to your congressman (I'm still waiting for a response from Montreal to my congressman's inquiry that was Aug/10) I'm sure everything will go fine this time with your case. However go very well prepared, they probably will make it harder.

All the best of lucks and blessings :-)

Timeline

May God put the words in both of your mouths that will show you have a bonafide relationship. God is good and has given you a second chance with the embassy.

Yes Amen. All we can tell is the truth. If we don't know something.. we just don't know. but we know a LOT. hopefully enough to convince them this time:) thanks for your words of encouragement!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi VJ family,

Just heard from my congressman's office in regards to my initial denial. The Chief Consular in Jamaica sent my congressman a letter stating that the interviewing consular said that the application was denied under 221G ( but no form given to my fiancé) for lack of evidence and inconsistencies in the interview with my fiancé( He did not know the exact age of my oldest son) the Consular said that he told my fiancé to provide more proof( This did not happen, he told my fiancé that he was sending the application back to the US) But since then, they have received communications in support of the petition and will be interviewing me and him on the 18th.

So now I know the exact reason... I can be prepared to address these issues at the next interview. My congressman has asked for a report after the second interview. I already have all my evidence in folders and will be spending time with my fiancé so that we are consistent with our answers. In any case, we will do the best we can to show them our relationship is real my being there after hardly anytime to prepare for the trip should hold some weight and I know that our STOKES will be the truest form of evidence. At the end of the day God has the final say. Keep us in your prayers and thanks to all that continue to support me.

Will be praying for you. God be with you both.

Timeline
Hi lala64!!
I'm really happy the Embassy answered to your congressman (I'm still waiting for a response from Montreal to my congressman's inquiry that was Aug/10) I'm sure everything will go fine this time with your case. However go very well prepared, they probably will make it harder.
All the best of lucks and blessings :-)

Harder.. of that I AM certain but I have done my best to prepare and am just hoping that it will be good enough. Yes they were delayed in their response and even apologized to the Congressman for the delay. Hang in there they usually don't ignore Congressmen just takes some time. good luck!

Will be praying for you. God be with you both.

Thank you.. means a lot! :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You're incredibly fortunate to have such a responsive Congressman (or Congressional immigration liaison -- Congressmen themselves can't inquire of consulates, or it would violate Congressional Ethics rules).

It invariably makes my blood boil to hear the chicken[dropping] excuses that consuls use to refuse visas.

Perhaps even VJ members who aren't super-religious are praying for your success.

Edited by TBoneTX

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Timeline

I did make mention of him being versed regarding your kids in your 1st post

it seem to get asked a lot in JA embassy . Just have him be honest & if he

did not remember say so, many ppl date others with kids & don't know the kids

BDay especially if not living in the same city.

:thumbs:

Have him go over all he can remember when you arrive, the congressperson

deserve your vote in the next election....God be with you both...It'll be OK

Timeline

You're incredibly fortunate to have such a responsive Congressman (or Congressional immigration liaison -- Congressmen themselves can't inquire of consulates, or it would violate Congressional Ethics rules).

It invariably makes my blood boil to hear the chicken[dropping] excuses that consuls use to refuse visas.

Perhaps even VJ members who aren't super-religious are praying for your success.

Agreed and I love the support I have received on here. thanks to you all..

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Your congressman did an excellent job!! Love how they asked for a follow up report! Kingston should win an award for excuses and flimsy reasoning! Praying for you!

Timeline

Your congressman did an excellent job!! Love how they asked for a follow up report! Kingston should win an award for excuses and flimsy reasoning! Praying for you!

Thanks Lioness,

I am absolutely grateful for their inquiry. at least I understand a little more about the denial so that I can try and address it with more proof and preparing my fiancé a better. I thank you for your support. leaving a week from today. I will certainly keep you all posted on the results and interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.