abdelazeem

papers needed after the interview/ spouse visa

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I just finished my interview for the immigration visa of spouse in USA embassy in Cairo , The interviewer was kind of tense , Asked me about every bit of my personal life and that was not ok for me and was slightly rude according to his tone and reactions ,Anyway after about 30 minutes of questions he told me the papers are fine but I want good copies of your wife passport so that can prove your story that she stayed with you most of the times and after I get those papers through Aramex we will contact you about your visa if I did not get those papers your visa processing will not be completed , does that mean they approved it on hold for those photocopies or they will still have a decision after they get the papers !!!!!!

anyone had that case before can help me to know what will happen next !!!!!

Thanks

Timeline

I just finished my interview for the immigration visa of spouse in USA embassy in Cairo , The interviewer was kind of tense , Asked me about every bit of my personal life and that was not ok for me and was slightly rude according to his tone and reactions ,Anyway after about 30 minutes of questions he told me the papers are fine but I want good copies of your wife passport so that can prove your story that she stayed with you most of the times and after I get those papers through Aramex we will contact you about your visa if I did not get those papers your visa processing will not be completed , does that mean they approved it on hold for those photocopies or they will still have a decision after they get the papers !!!!!!

anyone had that case before can help me to know what will happen next !!!!!

Thanks

Hope others respond but it seems the copies is all you need and I'm sure they will make you wait for your Visa because they are nasty that way. Anyone else have an opinion or clear knowledge?

America, Give Me My Spouse/Fiancé !

https://www.youtube....O6dwPf8HqZBzjUA

Help us make processing times at USCIS service centers fairer.
http://helptsc.tumblr.com/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Married. 10-16-2011. (L)

I-130 Sent. 03-14-2014 PD changed 6-24-2013. Received DS-261 / AOS Bill: 05-28-2014.

I-130 NOA1. 03-20-2013. Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

Returned to me due to mistake. 04-27-2013. Submit DS-261: 05-28-2014 Scanned on May 30 Th.
Returned to USCIS
04-30-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to me again USCIS mistake.
05-14-2013. Send AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Returned to USCIS. 06-24-2013 due to travel. Receive IV Bill: 07-07-2014. 2uge4p4.gif
I-130 NOA2, Approved. 04-08-2014. Send IV Package: 07-22-2014 Scanned 07/24/2014.
Your I-130 was approved in 283, actual 343 days.
Submitted DS-260; 07/14/2014

Arrived NVC. 04-25-2014. NVC requested parents marriage cert, 10/10/2014

Case number given. 05-20-2014. Last scan date, 10/22/2014
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014. AOS Approved: 12-16-2014. egyptian.gif
Sent AOS Package: 06-10-2014.
Receive I-864 Package: 06-25-2014.
Pay AOS Bill: 05-28- 2014. smileys-money-114847.gif

CASE COMPLETE : They lied, 09-17-2014 42.gifActual CC 12-16-2014. Finally smiley-sick014.gif

Interview date given on 12-29-2014. Interview date 02-19-2015

01-29-2015 - Medical

02-19-2015 - Interview: Denied, reason given does not believe we are a Bona Fide marriage. voodoo-smiley-emoticon.gif groin-kick-smiley-emoticon.gif

-----------------------------------------

9hftc5sfgir1vd95.png

Timeline

I do not know why the consular officer has to be rude to the applicant whatever his/her nationality whatever his authority to control people's lives !!!!!!! I am physician and at least he should have thought that the world is so small that I may save his life someday if he went through an accident , his rudeness will not save him that day but the person that he hurt his feelings in harsh manners and rude words to issue him a passage visa to live with his wife , it just strange how people are allowed to use their authority to intrude other people's lives in a stupid way !!!!!!!!!

Edited by abdelazeem

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The consular officer was doing their job. A well prepared person would know that the questions can be of a personal nature. Not because the officer is interested in the answer as much as in how you answer. Their job is to make sure that visas are issued to legitimate applicants. If you answer with the facts/truth there is no reason to worry. Thinking that it is a conspiracy is wasted energy on your part. These people hear lies every day. They must determine who is truthful. It's their job. It's not about love. It's not about your profession.

Edited by Anh map

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Timeline

The consular officer was doing their job. A well prepared person would know that the questions can be of a personal nature. Not because the officer is interested in the answer as much as in how you answer. Their job is to make sure that visas are issued to legitimate applicants. If you answer with the facts/truth there is no reason to worry. Thinking that it is a conspiracy is wasted energy on your part. These people hear lies every day. They must determine who is truthful. It's their job. It's not about love. It's not about your profession.

well , you are partly right sir about what you said , because to detect the truth is not related at all about asking somebody what do you chat about with YOUR WIFE and when I say everything related to our lives we talk about he says everything is not an answer !!!!!! , how am I supposed to answer such open question in a limited time interview and gather in your stressed mind details of months of chat !!!! mostly that chat is personal and may include sensitive information about you and your wife , to be non biased and ask only to discover the truth is different than making a point of view about the person you are investigating for certain reasons you have as age difference or non completed papers even before starting to ask him then to shot him with tons of open questions that can be answered exactly by anything that can not be even proven by authorised documents !!!!! being serious is different than rude sir and if I am interviewing somebody to make a point of view about him through his replies I will not start talking to him in a loud tone everytime I think he is lying or not sure of his answers !!!!

Timeline

I agree with you that the COs at the US embassy in Cairo are extremely rude , I've been through a similar horrible and painful experience with one of them , some of them are racist.

Have you brought all documents that prove your marriage and life together : pictures of wedding , pictures with your family , screen shots of your chat together .

The CO wants to be sure that your marriage is genuine and not for the purpose of getting the green card .

Timeline

I agree with you that the COs at the US embassy in Cairo are extremely rude , I've been through a similar horrible and painful experience with one of them , some of them are racist.

Have you brought all documents that prove your marriage and life together : pictures of wedding , pictures with your family , screen shots of your chat together .

The CO wants to be sure that your marriage is genuine and not for the purpose of getting the green card

I applied many pictures in different places with different situations and periods with family and friends , no need for screen shots of chats if we are living together for more than two years proved by entry stamps in her passport !!!!!! , how will we live together two years in Egypt with me in bad and good and not to be genuine marriaage !!!! that makes absolute no sense .

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Even you can admit that there are those consular officers who cross the line of needed information purely because they can and purely because they know the person being interviewed has no choice but to answer. Asking purposefully uncomfortable and jarring questions which have no relation to the admissability of an applicant I believe should be illegal. How can you blindly stand behind every consular officer like their **** doesn't stink? It's incredibly unjust how much power these otherwise normal human beings have. There is virtually no accountability for them. You don't believe any part of that infrastructure should be changed?

"A million years if I could live,
A thousand lives if I could give,
I would spend it all again with you,
Don't forget where you belong,
Only with me you are strong,
Not even the gods above can break,
Baby what we have"

Of course they ask questions of a personal nature. Yes sometimes they may cross the line, but yes they have the authority to do so. Any complaints about a CO can be directed to the DOS.

For example, the question: What do you talk about? If you're talking about the weather or about something mundane, maybe your relationship isn't close. If you talk about how much you love each other, or things you want to do in the future, children or meeting family, or you vent about your jobs like a spouse would, then you likely have a closer relationship. From a high fraud country, this isn't unusual.

Even I had personal questions like how often we see each other, how do we communicate, what do we communicate about? I have nothing to hide and wasn't offended. I laughed when the CO, a male, made a rather accurate assumption when I specified we keep Skype on all the time at home. Some people have been asked if they have had sex. Perhaps the CO thinks the marriage was by proxy, which isn't allowed, so it's a valid question. Yes it can invade your privacy, but you're trying to immigrate. They're doing their job and sometimes that means digging in where it's uncomfortable. The questions are jarring and personal on purpose. They're ferreting out people who are fraudulently immigrating to the USA. It's THEIR JOB. I expect them to do their job.

When an american co-worker of mine moved to Canada and they applies for his PR status, the Canadian government wanted their wedding cards from guests and other items showing their legitimate relationship, so no it's not just the USA who does things like this. Don't like it? Well, that's why you can vote, talk to representatives, and write to people in charge. Also remember this is a privilege, not a right. Every country has immigration laws.

~~organizer hat on~~

~~moved to progress reports from process and procedures~~

To answer the OP's question; once they get their needed documentation, hopefully your AP will be over and you will get the visa.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Of course they ask questions of a personal nature. Yes sometimes they may cross the line, but yes they have the authority to do so. Any complaints about a CO can be directed to the DOS.

For example, the question: What do you talk about? If you're talking about the weather or about something mundane, maybe your relationship isn't close. If you talk about how much you love each other, or things you want to do in the future, children or meeting family, or you vent about your jobs like a spouse would, then you likely have a closer relationship. From a high fraud country, this isn't unusual.

Even I had personal questions like how often we see each other, how do we communicate, what do we communicate about? I have nothing to hide and wasn't offended. I laughed when the CO, a male, made a rather accurate assumption when I specified we keep Skype on all the time at home. Some people have been asked if they have had sex. Perhaps the CO thinks the marriage was by proxy, which isn't allowed, so it's a valid question. Yes it can invade your privacy, but you're trying to immigrate. They're doing their job and sometimes that means digging in where it's uncomfortable. The questions are jarring and personal on purpose. They're ferreting out people who are fraudulently immigrating to the USA. It's THEIR JOB. I expect them to do their job.

When an american co-worker of mine moved to Canada and they applies for his PR status, the Canadian government wanted their wedding cards from guests and other items showing their legitimate relationship, so no it's not just the USA who does things like this. Don't like it? Well, that's why you can vote, talk to representatives, and write to people in charge. Also remember this is a privilege, not a right. Every country has immigration laws.

~~organizer hat on~~

~~moved to progress reports from process and procedures~~

To answer the OP's question; once they get their needed documentation, hopefully your AP will be over and you will get the visa.

I totally respect your point of view Mr but what you did not get from all what I said that I was not offended of the question more than being offended by the way he apply them !!!!!! he can try to offend me if I am a suspect of murder ,he can simply ask me in a respectful way and I will be glad to answer and if he suspect I am liar he can simply give me the refusal paper,making me nervous is not a clue for my honesty because anybody will be waiting for 4 hours with so many paper to deliver will be nervous specially if he is sure will be questioned about the sensitive parts of his life thats not related at all to any kind of honesty IF CAN NOT BEEN PROVEN, If I do not have the right to immigrate to the USA I would not have the chance of interviewing with him , to reveal the fraud from the righteous marriage needs documents more than questions can not be proven , I could tell him exactly any kind of bullshit if thats what he wanted me to say and he would have to believe it because no documentations could prove what I say , when I tell an interviewer I have lived with my wife in my country which is not her homeland for more than two years that means I supported her for two years and that is enough for him to believe that our marriage is true not fraud and also I can prove that by the stamps she got on her passport the past 2-3 years , so actually everything will end by documentations that I had all with me , examples of the questions he asked , Q: what is your wife work? A: a nurse , what a nurse is supposed to do ? !!!!!!!!!!!! what kind of question is that !!!!!! about the canadian american case you are talking about , tell me in statistics of this website how many cases you can count !!!!! and how many cases in the US Embassy of cairo !!!!!!!!! Finally , playing the God part isn't what these employers were hired for because eventually nobody can appeal to their decisions either right or wrong .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.