Murican

a decision has not been made on your application (after N400 interview)

92 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Went for the INFO PASS today! No result! Immigration Officer said: "Nothing I can tell you now, you case is still pending and you can go now" That is it!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Went for the INFO PASS today! No result! Immigration Officer said: "Nothing I can tell you now, you case is still pending and you can go now" That is it!

Sorry, I don't remember all the details of your case, but you've waited for 120 days after your interview and 45 days (or was it 30) after your service request, right? If so, then it's time to contact your congressional representatives.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Timeline

Hmm..... not yet. it is only 11 days after 120 days. they said I have 30 days after my request of service.

Timeline

When does my finer print expires? I took it around June.

15 months or 18 months... I can't remember exactly... you're fine.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Filed: Timeline

Sorry, I don't remember all the details of your case, but you've waited for 120 days after your interview and 45 days (or was it 30) after your service request, right? If so, then it's time to contact your congressional representatives.

you have waited over 3 months already for oath letter or final decision on your N 400 interview?

Timeline

you have waited over 3 months already for oath letter or final decision on your N 400 interview?

I think you meant to ask Worried_Joel, but yes, he's waited 120 days for his final decision then he initiated a service request. that's exactly what he's supposed to do. If he had contacted his congressional representatives before this time, they would have contacted USCIS for him, and they would simply have been told that his case is within normal processing times. His representatives will not get much of an answer until his case is outside of these times. It really doesn't matter how long it takes most people to get their final decision The rules say that USCIS has 120 days before anything can be considered out of the ordinary. There are posts on Visa journey about people contacting their congressional representatives before the 120 days and after the 120 days. In almost every case contacting your representatives early will just result of the letter telling you to wait longer. And the normal procedure is to wait for the 120 days, then initiate a service request, which gives USCIS 30 more days to respond. If that time is up, then your case is outside of normal processing and your representatives are more likely to be willing to help. That being said, you can contact them and ask for help anytime you want. It's just a matter of deciding when is the best time to contact him Technically he could have contacted his senators a week after his interview. You can even contact your representatives earlier in the process; for example even before the interview; if you need to ask for help expediting the process But without a good reason, they are unlikely to help unless your case is outside of normal processing time as defined by USCIS. Edited by JimmyHou

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Hi guys,

It has been awhile and I contacted USCIS once every month and they sent me the same message to my email and my MAILBOX in a letter form. Both message from them are exactly the same. Jan and Feb. I have not tried March yet as it is not 30 days yet. Anyway I thought I want to update you guys about my case. What should I do? Continue to wait???? It has been 180days.

Anyone can explain what is their intends on those messages that was send to me?

Note that both messages from Jan and Feb are the same.

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

On 02/20/2015, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your N-400to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Our records show that your N-400 is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

hire a lawyer to start the process of filling a law suit. I feel that's the only option to solve your problem. It looks like they just don't wanna naturalize you for something in your file, but in the same time they don't have grounds to deny your case. BTW, you can get the lawyer fees back when you sue them. Don't waste any more minute. Since, your are living in CA, you are under the jurisdiction of the 9th circuit court, I believe the rule in the 9th circuit is once you file a law suit with the clerk of the circuit court, uscis will lose jurisdiction over your case.

I think you should consult with a lawyer who is familiar with section 1447(b). I think , a letter from the lawyer on your behalf informing uscis that he/she will file a law suit against them within 30 days, may result in immediate adjudication to your case.

You can educate yourself on this topic by reading this nice article

http://www.legalactioncenter.org/practice-advisories/how-get-judicial-relief-under-8-usc-1447b-stalled-naturalization-application

Edited by DC85

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Timeline

Hi guys,

It has been awhile and I contacted USCIS once every month and they sent me the same message to my email and my MAILBOX in a letter form. Both message from them are exactly the same. Jan and Feb. I have not tried March yet as it is not 30 days yet. Anyway I thought I want to update you guys about my case. What should I do? Continue to wait???? It has been 180days.

Anyone can explain what is their intends on those messages that was send to me?

Note that both messages from Jan and Feb are the same.

Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

On 02/20/2015, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your N-400to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Our records show that your N-400 is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

If you haven't contacted your congressman or senators, do so now. See my post from 01/23 above.

If you already have, contact them again and tell them what USCIS told you.

Stop contacting USCIS, they clearly have no intention of naturalizing you without further pressure. They haven't asked for more evidence, so what would have changed over the past 6 months? What will change over the next 6 months or 6 years? Sometimes when they don't want to make a decision, they just don't, because they know most immigrants won't push hard and will just be satisfied with their green cards.

Congressional action should help move your case forward, but if it doesn't, then hire a lawyer and take them to court. This law allows a judge to force a decision on your case.

Just note that all you can do is force a decision, and if you have a weak case, that decision may be a denial.

There are examples of people on VJ who were naturalized years after applying only because of contacting their representatives or taking legal action.

Finally, don't expect it to be over fast; it'll take several months for the whole process to finish once you contact your representatives or hire a lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Newest Update! Great new!!!!! Great new for me! Today I went for the info Pass again. I wasn't hoping for much luck and guess what!!! That lovely officer told me " You have been approved and awaiting for Oath Ceremony" I was like OMG did I hear you wrong???!!! Can you repeat that msg again or check that one more time?!! please. She said yes it was recently approved.

I want to thank all fellow citizens or residents that contribute to my case.Jimmy Hou and DC85 Thank you GUYs!!!

So much so for 2 interviews.... it is really arghh.... what to say!!!

SOOOOO HAPPY!!!

Joel_Not Worried anymore

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

I'm waiting for the interivew more than 10 month for the interivew my case was pending for security check and after I made e-request last week I got this answer:

Is that mean I'll get my interview soon?

Timeline

I'm waiting for the interivew more than 10 month for the interivew my case was pending for security check and after I made e-request last week I got this answer:

Is that mean I'll get my interview soon?

No, I don't think so... it just means that there's been no change. When did you apply and how long has it been since biometrics? Where is your local office, have you visited them in person?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Iraq
Timeline

Thanks Jimmyhou for your replay I have applied at the end of July 2014 and my finger print was at September 2014 and no update since that time I didn't go to my local office I spoke with many immigrant officer by phone and they told me just wait my office about 3 hours driving I think if I'll go there I'll get the same answer

Timeline

Thanks Jimmyhou for your replay I have applied at the end of July 2014 and my finger print was at September 2014 and no update since that time I didn't go to my local office I spoke with many immigrant officer by phone and they told me just wait my office about 3 hours driving I think if I'll go there I'll get the same answer

Please see these four posts:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/412738-n-400-april-2013-filers/?p=7208521

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/520936-a-decision-has-not-been-made-on-your-application-after-n400-interview/?p=7424500

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/520936-a-decision-has-not-been-made-on-your-application-after-n400-interview/?p=7440663

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/520936-a-decision-has-not-been-made-on-your-application-after-n400-interview/?p=7529936

I think the same advice applies to you.

make an Infopass appointment and visit your nearest office. If that doesn't work, contact your representatives. I do not think your case will progress any further if you wait or keep calling them on the phone.

Edited by JimmyHou

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.