274 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Moldova
Timeline

Spoke too soon! Just received my interview notice today for November 17. I guess that means AOS applications are taking approximately 13 months now...

Congratulations!! Can you please tell me if the status updated online right after they sent you the interview letter? Thank you!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Malawi
Timeline

Congratulations!! Can you please tell me if the status updated online right after they sent you the interview letter? Thank you!

The status updated online yesterday, but I have not received the letter in the mail yet. It says online that my letter should arrive soon. I feel like they've been pretty good about updating things online immediately. That's how I've been notified first about things.

I don't remember his name but he was a Spanish guy and trust me he thought he would break me but I wasn't nervous at all cuz my marriage is legit

When my father applied for my older sister and I am couple of years back a Spanish guy rejected our application. I will never forget his name. Anyways my dad was with me at the interview and the guy assumed it was a marriage based one. Went to separate us right away and then asked how long we dated. We were both obviously confused so I said no he's my father.. and he gave us the weirdest look and asked why he had come to the interview with me. Anyways after we cleared up that confusion he went on and on about all the fraud cases he's had to deal with..

Some people assume guilty I guess. I'm sure you guys will be fine though.

Edited by JeanF

Complete: AOS
Married 06/12/2014
08/02/14: Concurrent filing of i130, i485 and i765.

07/20/15: Green card received!! 

Complete: ROC

Package Mailed: 05/11/17

Received: 05/12/17

Money Order cashed: 05/12/17

NOA Received: 05/22/17

Biometrics Notice (dated): 5/20/17

Appt date: 06/05/17 (complete)

Approval notice: 9/11/2018 (received 9/15/2018)

Card received: 9/18/2018

😍02/05/19: Welcomed baby girl into our family 😍

Current: Naturalization

03/13/2019 - submitted online N400 and paid fee

03/26/2019 - received biometrics notice scheduled for 4/5

04/05/2019 - completed biometrics

10/12/2019 - received interview noticed scheduled for 11/16

11/16/2019 - interview

11/21/2019 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Gambia
Timeline

Oh wow that must've been horrible experience but I checked my mail yesterday and I got a mail from them stating that all they needed was my wife's birth certificate, which we took to the interview with us but since he never gave us an opportunity to even show him all our documents. So my question is if we send the birth certificate are we going to be approved cause that's all they asked for..thanks

Filed: Timeline

The status updated online yesterday, but I have not received the letter in the mail yet. It says online that my letter should arrive soon. I feel like they've been pretty good about updating things online immediately. That's how I've been notified first about things.

Thanks for the heads up! Just checked here as well, and my status online was also updated for an interview in November! (letter yet to arrive)

Timeline

Thanks for the heads up! Just checked here as well, and my status online was also updated for an interview in November! (letter yet to arrive)If

If you don't mind me asking, when did you file in and and how many months till your status finally updated? Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking, when did you file in and and how many months till your status finally updated? Thanks!

I filed in November 2014, and my status for the interview was updated over the last week - it's taken about 11 months for the online notice for the interview schedule to come through.

Timeline

I filed in November 2014, and my status for the interview was updated over the last week - it's taken about 11 months for the online notice for the interview schedule to come through. T

Thanks for the quick response.. Dallas office is so ridiculously slow..it blows my mind. I filed in January, 2015 so I suppose I will get the interview letter sometime next month. What do you think?

Thanks for the quick response.. Dallas office is so ridiculously slow..it blows my mind. I filed in January, 2015 so I suppose I will get the interview letter sometime next month. What do you think?

I think that's a pretty reasonable assumption - though you have to remember that November and December are usually pretty slow months with the holiday season (and government offices are no exception to the rule!).

• 2 weeks later...

I have a serious issue. We have scheduled our reception back home in March and have paid a huge sum of money to reserve the venue and stuff. Now I filed in April of 2015 and if Dallas field office is taking 11 months then my interview will probably fall on that date. I am freaked out right now.

Timeline

I have a serious issue. We have scheduled our reception back home in March and have paid a huge sum of money to reserve the venue and stuff. Now I filed in April of 2015 and if Dallas field office is taking 11 months then my interview will probably fall on that date. I am freaked out right now.

I have filed in January 2015 and still waiting.. Dallas office is freaking everyone, not just you..if they are short of staff, what don't they hire more people so they can keep up with the rest of the country..this is so ridiculous

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

wow!!!!! 11-13 months!!!!!! :o :o

This means I should sit back and relax :s My app was received April 22nd..WOW! and i was freaking out about not getting an interview. I will be waiting a LONG time, i guess. This is so depressing.

your application was april 22nd 2015 ?is it priority date or notice date? my priority date is april 17th 2015...so seems like we will wait more. is it 11-13 months? wow...i think i should travel home first before green card. hopefully i am on time for the interview

I have filed in January 2015 and still waiting.. Dallas office is freaking everyone, not just you..if they are short of staff, what don't they hire more people so they can keep up with the rest of the country..this is so ridiculous

you also filed on april 2015? me too. so how long do you think the interview will come? is it because they lack of people and too many applications?

Timeline

did you get the interview yet? i filed on april 2015. my husband and i plan to visit home in Vietnam for a while , so i just want to make sure that i can go oversea for a while

Timeline

You better make a service request because the processing time now should be 11 months. You usually get the interview letter a month earlier except they delay to 12 months :(

i am sorry to ask, do you still waiting? you filed in february 2015 right?

i filed in april 2015. i think i will use combo card EAD/AP to travel back to Vietnam since we have wedding ceremony there and visiting my family. i hope i can come back on time

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.