ZackMoonyHam

Heads up for Abu Dhabi

9 posts in this topic

Hi there,

Just to let the people who have been waiting for too long without a word from the embassy know what happened with us.

Turns out they didn't sent my fiancée an email letting us know about the appointment date. We combed through our inbox and spam but found nothing. They issued the appointment date back in Feb. I got a response from them on 6th of May telling me that I have an appointment on 15th of May. We freak out naturally!

So long story short. Please don't feel shy or scared when you read that they might slow your case if you approach them for example here: http://www.abudhabiivo.net/ivocontactus8.aspx. They are pretty good in responding, I got an email back from them in 4days. Go ahead and send them and email with your case no. asking for updates DO NOT write more than a line or two. email address: AbuDhabiIV@state.gov

Back in Jan. 2014 the embassy has outsourced the scheduling duties. I have my suspensions that even when you do get the letter with the date. It isn't actually scheduled. you still have to do it through CSC to confirm it.

In the mean time go here: https://usvisa-info....country_welcome and set yourself up for a courier service. You do not have to pay them right away. pay at the embassy.

To contact them for an new appointment date go here: https://usvisa-info....service_options. They only do it over the phone.

once you have the confirmation email of a new appointment, print that and print the letter of appointment issued by the embassy(With the check list. Take these with you for your appointment.

That's nice information for others. Thank you for sharing...

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi there,

Just to let the people who have been waiting for too long without a word from the embassy know what happened with us.

Turns out they didn't sent my fiancée an email letting us know about the appointment date. We combed through our inbox and spam but found nothing. They issued the appointment date back in Feb. I got a response from them on 6th of May telling me that I have an appointment on 15th of May. We freak out naturally!

So long story short. Please don't feel shy or scared when you read that they might slow your case if you approach them for example here: http://www.abudhabiivo.net/ivocontactus8.aspx. They are pretty good in responding, I got an email back from them in 4days. Go ahead and send them and email with your case no. asking for updates DO NOT write more than a line or two. email address: AbuDhabiIV@state.gov

Back in Jan. 2014 the embassy has outsourced the scheduling duties. I have my suspensions that even when you do get the letter with the date. It isn't actually scheduled. you still have to do it through CSC to confirm it.

In the mean time go here: https://usvisa-info....country_welcome and set yourself up for a courier service. You do not have to pay them right away. pay at the embassy.

To contact them for an new appointment date go here: https://usvisa-info....service_options. They only do it over the phone.

once you have the confirmation email of a new appointment, print that and print the letter of appointment issued by the embassy(With the check list. Take these with you for your appointment.

This would be good information for you to place in your "Embassy Info" page.

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United%20Arab%20Emirates&cty=Abu%20Dhabi

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

~ Moved from K-1 Process to Middle East and North Africa regional - topic specific to Abu Dhabi ~

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, but I want to ask few questions as there are things unclear in your post.

1- Did you get a formal email from the embassy stating your interview date? or you booked your interview date through website only?

2- If you have a letter from the Embassy stating your day of interview, why would you go and book a new one online? You don't trust the embassy??

In the interview letter I have, they US Embassy in Abu Dhabi has set an interview date on 20 June 2014 for me, and I collected all the papers and waiting for my that day. As I understand from your post above, that this interview date might be wrong??!!.

Please note that they did not mention anything in the interview letter about registering in this website or paying online or anything about shipping company or shipping methods and they mentioned that visa fee to paid in cash at the embassy.

Please advise us more and clarify for us the situation and what do you think we should do

Again thanks for sharing your experience

Good luck with your interview

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Hello,

Thank you so much for sharing your experience, but I want to ask few questions as there are things unclear in your post.

1- Did you get a formal email from the embassy stating your interview date? or you booked your interview date through website only?

2- If you have a letter from the Embassy stating your day of interview, why would you go and book a new one online? You don't trust the embassy??

In the interview letter I have, they US Embassy in Abu Dhabi has set an interview date on 20 June 2014 for me, and I collected all the papers and waiting for my that day. As I understand from your post above, that this interview date might be wrong??!!.

Please note that they did not mention anything in the interview letter about registering in this website or paying online or anything about shipping company or shipping methods and they mentioned that visa fee to paid in cash at the embassy.

Please advise us more and clarify for us the situation and what do you think we should do

Again thanks for sharing your experience

Good luck with your interview

Hi there,

Q1- Answer: I did get an official letter only after inquiring about it. This letter stated the appointment issued by the embassy. I knew I couldn't make it for the given date so I had to reschedule. To reschedule I had to call CSC as that is the only way to do it. You cannot schedule, or reschedule through a website.

Q2- Answer: I got the letter from them stating the appointment date as 15th May, 2014 but when I called CSC they found nothing on the system. Hence, the assumption that the date is a hypothetical one. You might still need to reconfirm that date and get an offical email from CSC that you have a confirmed appointment. It is not a matter or trust, its just about learning the system. Once your appointment is registered you would notice after a couple of days that your case would be updated at the NVC website.

Yes, you are right about the instructions in the letter but you have to receive your passport back through empost and for that you need to register.

Yes, you are also right about paying at the embassy. They do give you an option of paying at the CSC's website too but it isn't mandatory.

Lastly, I am not the final authority on this matter. Even if you do have the letter stating the date, I would still suggest that you call in and re-confirm the appointment date. Added advantage is that you would receive an email which you can take with you. Once you register for the courier you don't have to think about that at a later stage.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Syria
Timeline

Dear Obair,

Thanks for sharing such detailed information and we are really appreciate your help here and support. Would you please provide us with the phone number of CSC in UAE. I can not find it on their web page. Did you called them or send them an email? If you send them an email would you please tell us which email you used in this regards?

Thanks again

I-130 (Parent)

- Submitted June 2021

- 1st NOA (June 2021)

I-130 (Brother 1)

- Submitted (September 2019)

- 1st NOA (September 2019)

I-130 (Brother 2)

- Submitted (Not yet)

- 1st NOA (Not yet)

Dear Obair,

Thanks for sharing such detailed information and we are really appreciate your help here and support. Would you please provide us with the phone number of CSC in UAE. I can not find it on their web page. Did you called them or send them an email? If you send them an email would you please tell us which email you used in this regards?

Thanks again

Just refer to the initial post on this thread that I made. It has all the information that you need. Didn't copy i again as it would just repeat the same information.

Have a great day!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.