KiwiPouPou

NVC switched to DS-260 from DS-230

100 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Oki doki,

Im confused now. I just got an email mentioning that I have to file DS-260. I filled both AOS and DS-230 about a month ago. Initially I thought this might be a false checklist. I called NVC and the operator told me that they have switched to DS-260 for good. Now I have to fill out DS-260. I asked her does this mean all of my DS-230 submissions are obsolete and I have to redo it? She said yes and it can take another 20 days to review? WTH!!! How is it our fault if they switch to a new system? She said that my civil documents are reviewed but they are waiting on the AOS stuff. AOS was submitted however they did not finish it yet. I hope this does not push everyone's cases back. Any ideas?

Edited by KiwiPouPou

i got same e mail today;and i dindn t underting;why they ask me to send this ds260??and how can i send it to them;by mail e mail or what??pls help

Ds 260 is the online version of ds230. You have to follow the link and fill out the form. Any documentation can be scanned and attached. My concern is that I filed my ds230 way before this change. Why do we have to redo it? I try to call later and ask someone else

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

i'm not understanding nothing m i going to have the same like you ?

me too i sent my documents to nvc 07/03 and o got a check list 08/02 now i'm waiting from nvc to say that my case is complete

but i see that there is a change in law .......................

10/03/2011 : NOA1

05/24/2013 : NOA2

06/10/2013 : NVC received my case

06/17/2013 : case number received

06/19/2013 : IV & AOS fees paid

07/03/2013 : IV & AOS package sent

08/01/2013 : AOS checklist received missed informations

08/02/2013 : Response to checklist sent

09/09/2013 : Case complete

10/03/2013 : got an email about interview date

11/27/2013 : Interview date

i'm not understanding nothing m i going to have the same like you ?

me too i sent my documents to nvc 07/03 and o got a check list 08/02 now i'm waiting from nvc to say that my case is complete

but i see that there is a change in law .......................

Yes, there is a change of procedure, but it is not clear. Something tells met hat the operators dont know how to answer this situation. I hope this does not cause a delay. My PD is Jan 2012. So if I get my case comeplete soon, I can hope for OCT. Otherwise it is going delay me. My AOS should be done tomorow. it is been 20 days already

Timeline

Ds 260 is the online version of ds230. You have to follow the link and fill out the form. Any documentation can be scanned and attached. My concern is that I filed my ds230 way before this change. Why do we have to redo it? I try to call later and ask someone else

do you have to prepare the same documents like those you did send to nvc with ds 230 ?

because you said that any documentation can be scannedand attached

Timeline

Yes, there is a change of procedure, but it is not clear. Something tells met hat the operators dont know how to answer this situation. I hope this does not cause a delay. My PD is Jan 2012. So if I get my case comeplete soon, I can hope for OCT. Otherwise it is going delay me. My AOS should be done tomorow. it is been 20 days already

what does it mean that it will delay you ? and why ?

what does it mean that it will delay you ? and why ?

From now on, there wont be any physcial doument submissions. All documents need to be scanned and emailed to NVC. I have to call and ask if we need to re-submit.

So, My DS-230 is done and they are waiting for my AOS. If my AOS gets done by Friday I am case complete. If they have to take another 20 days to review DS-260, I wont be case complete for another 20 days. I will miss OCT for sure. The chance of missing NOV is high too with this. Visa bulleting is current right now. Based on the predictions it can go back up to Sept of 2012 (or worse case scenario April). My PD is Jan 2012. So if the consulate has enough room, my wife can get in for OCT, assuming I get the case complete and this DS-260 does not cause issues. So confusing.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Oki doki,

Im confused now. I just got an email mentioning that I have to file DS-260. I filled both AOS and DS-230 about a month ago. Initially I thought this might be a false checklist. I called NVC and the operator told me that they have switched to DS-260 for good. Now I have to fill out DS-260. I asked her does this mean all of my DS-230 submissions are obsolete and I have to redo it? She said yes and it can take another 20 days to review? WTH!!! How is it our fault if they switch to a new system? She said that my civil documents are reviewed but they are waiting on the AOS stuff. AOS was submitted however they did not finish it yet. I hope this does not push everyone's cases back. Any ideas?

This is something new and mandatory that means everybody has to fill it out right away if you paid IV fee already..

PD SEP 23 2011

7.19.13----------NOA2

8. 5. 13 ---------NVC Received my case file

8.13.13----------Got My Case# & IIN Sent Ds-3032 via email

8.16.13 ---------AOS bill received and paid

8.20.13--- ------AOS Package Sent

8.28.13----------Ds-3032 Accepted

8.29.13----------IV bill received

8.30.13----------IV bill paid

8.31.13---- -----IV Package sent

9.10.13--------- sent ds-260 online

9.18.13--------- AOS Accepted

9.26.13----------case completed

12.23.13-----------interview Ankara, TURKEY

11.20.2013---- Applying for U.S Citizenship

This is something new and mandatory that means everybody has to fill it out right away if you paid IV fee already..

I understand this part. It does not make sense for people who already filed DS-230 and paid everything. DS-260 is pretty much the same as DS-230. This will be re-work on their side, which causes uneccessary wait times for others. I have to call and ask more questions. I wish their website was updated with the information. Only thing I see is 1) list of documents, DS-230 is taken out 2) Link to how and who should use DS-260 is updated. It only reflects how to get to the form.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I understand this part. It does not make sense for people who already filed DS-230 and paid everything. DS-260 is pretty much the same as DS-230. This will be re-work on their side, which causes uneccessary wait times for others. I have to call and ask more questions. I wish their website was updated with the information. Only thing I see is 1) list of documents, DS-230 is taken out 2) Link to how and who should use DS-260 is updated. It only reflects how to get to the form.

you might not have to fill ds260 out its bcos your case waiting for completion but for others yes its mandatory

PD SEP 23 2011

7.19.13----------NOA2

8. 5. 13 ---------NVC Received my case file

8.13.13----------Got My Case# & IIN Sent Ds-3032 via email

8.16.13 ---------AOS bill received and paid

8.20.13--- ------AOS Package Sent

8.28.13----------Ds-3032 Accepted

8.29.13----------IV bill received

8.30.13----------IV bill paid

8.31.13---- -----IV Package sent

9.10.13--------- sent ds-260 online

9.18.13--------- AOS Accepted

9.26.13----------case completed

12.23.13-----------interview Ankara, TURKEY

11.20.2013---- Applying for U.S Citizenship

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.