jbrrd

called NVC and they have given us a case #, several questions

31 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Question #1...So now with a case # issued do I still need to wait until things are completely finished at the NVC and on its way to Manila before she can schedule interview/medical exam. I heard that its good for her to have copies of the actual NVC letter(s) with the case # on it when scheduling medical exam and interview. The rep at NVC could only say that its in "processing" there so I don't think its quite finished there yet and I still haven't received anything in the mail, YET.

Question #2...will I received 1 or 2 letters from the NVC updating the status of the visa approval?

Question #3...I have moved to a new address since I received my petition approval (noa-2). Of course I have began mail forwarding service with USPS, but do I need to file the AR-11. It appeared to me the AR-11 change of address does not apply to us citizens.

Any advice or answers are greatly appreciated!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

in my experience, my husband received a NOA2 first int the mail then followed by a letter from NVC...the letter contains....."Dear petitioner: " saying that NVC has recently received an approved I-129F petition filed on behalf of your fiance.....etc....etc!!! then the name of your faince wil be written,the receipt number with a barcode below it then the case number....usually start with MNL then followed by 10numbers.and below is written "The case will be processed at Manila U.S Embassy! and another what was written there is she needs to wait to recieve a packet with instructions......but you don't have to wait for that packet...when you recieved your NOA2 she can now schedule and appointment for medical and interview.....send her the copy of NVC letter and NOA2 and that's all what they will ask at St.Luke. I waited 4 months for the packet and no packet arrived!!! LOL! hope this will help you!

Edited by MyBeloved

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Waiting until you receice your letter from NVC will only delay the process. As soon as you have your Manila case number you are cleared for take off. Pay your visa fee, schedule your interview, and go do your medical. Our letter from NVC came the same week as the interview(4 weeks from number to interview date). The NVC letter was never asked for by anyone. Just make sure you have multiple copies of your appointment confirmation letter which will be emailed to you as soon as you schedule your appointment.

As for "processing", our application was in "processing" for almost 3 weeks after we recieved our case number and was finally sent to the embassy barely a week before the interview.

Changing your address should not be a big deal at this point as the the visa will be deilvered to your fiancee's address in Phil. Just make sure USCIS has updated address information to keep everything current and correct.

K1 Visa Timeline:

03/21/2012 Met in person

03/23/2012 Engaged

04/09/2012 I-129F mailed

04/13/2012 I-129F Received at TSC, forwarded to VSC

04/13/2012 NOA1 Date

04/13/2012 Check Cashed

04/19/2012 Received NOA1 letter

10/18/2012 NOA2-No RFE

10/23/2012 Received MNL case number from NVC

10/24/2012 Paid visa fee and scheduled interview

11/08/2012 Medical Completed

11/09/2012 CFO seminar and interview completed

11/19/2012 Interview USEM- VISA APPROVED

11/26/2012 Passport (and visa) in transit from post

11/27/2012 Visa Packet delivered/Air booked-business class all the way!!

12/05/2012 flew to Manila-CFO sticker-USA Bound

12/06/2012 Arrived USA-POE Washington DC!!!!!!!!!

12/12/2012 Wedding

event.png

event.png

If you want to speed up the process, you can call the NVC and get your MNL case number. Once you have your MNL case number, you can pay the visa application fee at BPI. The next day, schedule an interview appointment. Then you can complete the medical.

To get this all done, you don't need your petition-approval letter from the USCIS, and you don't need a letter from the NVC, and you don't need a packet from the Embassy. When you schedule the interview appointment online, simply print out a couple of copies of your interview confirmation page. You'll need it at the interview and you can use it at St. Lukes.

For your reading enjoyment, here's the Embassy letter that's supposed to be sent to the beneficiary, but either takes a long time arriving or never arrives: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction_rtf2_rtf2_001.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to K-1 Progress forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Question #1...So now with a case # issued do I still need to wait until things are completely finished at the NVC and on its way to Manila before she can schedule interview/medical exam. I heard that its good for her to have copies of the actual NVC letter(s) with the case # on it when scheduling medical exam and interview. The rep at NVC could only say that its in "processing" there so I don't think its quite finished there yet and I still haven't received anything in the mail, YET.

Question #2...will I received 1 or 2 letters from the NVC updating the status of the visa approval?

Question #3...I have moved to a new address since I received my petition approval (noa-2). Of course I have began mail forwarding service with USPS, but do I need to file the AR-11. It appeared to me the AR-11 change of address does not apply to us citizens.

Any advice or answers are greatly appreciated!

If you have your MNL #.... Its ROCK 'N' ROLL time!! Follow the flashing arrow below this post... lots of info and reading to do!

1) Now that you have your MNL# yes you can pay the visa fee at BPI and schedule the interview (I suggest 4 - 6 weeks out from receiving the MNL # then you don't need to be too concerned about your file arriving at USEM in time for the interview), the medical at SLEC is first come first served and yes SLEC does want copies of the NVC letter (or email) or the USEM appointment confirmation letter (with the MNL # on it). SLEC has been asking for one or the other of those and did update their website with that info (but removed it because of a typo, but it will be back - one day :) ) There is info in my link for acquiring the NVC email.

2) You will only receive one letter from NVC which will have the MNL # on it. But I do suggest you email NVC to request the MNL # (yes I know you have it, but do it anyway)

3) At this point I think sending the AR-11 would be a waste of postage, too little too late type of thing. Just use the new address for all the forms at the embassy. Then for sure email NVC per the instructions in my link to request the MNL # so you have that for you fiancée when doing the medical, as you receiving the letter may be delayed.

Lastly pop down to the Philippine forum... lots of good folks and answers there.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You will receive the letter from NVC that said your case will forward to Embassy within 1 week. Letter has your case number on it and note that the envelope has Return Service Request which will not forward by USPS.

If your case is still at NVC, you can call them to change address. If it has been shipped to Embassy, you need to contact Embassy to change address . No need AR11

that was what I did and i have new address on NVC letter.

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Timeline

If you have your MNL #.... Its ROCK 'N' ROLL time!! Follow the flashing arrow below this post... lots of info and reading to do!

1) Now that you have your MNL# yes you can pay the visa fee at BPI and schedule the interview (I suggest 4 - 6 weeks out from receiving the MNL # then you don't need to be too concerned about your file arriving at USEM in time for the interview), the medical at SLEC is first come first served and yes SLEC does want copies of the NVC letter (or email) or the USEM appointment confirmation letter (with the MNL # on it). SLEC has been asking for one or the other of those and did update their website with that info (but removed it because of a typo, but it will be back - one day smile.png ) There is info in my link for acquiring the NVC email.

2) You will only receive one letter from NVC which will have the MNL # on it. But I do suggest you email NVC to request the MNL # (yes I know you have it, but do it anyway)

3) At this point I think sending the AR-11 would be a waste of postage, too little too late type of thing. Just use the new address for all the forms at the embassy. Then for sure email NVC per the instructions in my link to request the MNL # so you have that for you fiancée when doing the medical, as you receiving the letter may be delayed.

Lastly pop down to the Philippine forum... lots of good folks and answers there.

Sorry to hijack in, but what email do you use to request the MNL# and what info do you provide along with the email?

event.png

NVCInquiry@state.gov

Case number EAC or WAC

Petitioner: Full name , date of birth

Benificiary: Full name, date of birth

Describe what do you request ?

New Journey AOS:

My fiancee came to US on the 8th of March, 2014 under K-1 visa at Newark, NJ Airport for POE.

Applied Social Security Number on the 10 of March, 2014.

Married on the 13th of March, 2014.

Sent I-485, I-765, and I-131 on the 15th of March, 2014.

Received EAD on June 7, 2014.

Received Notice of Potential Interview Waiver on July 1, 2014 date 6/27

Contacted Ombudsman on 01/12/2015.

Ombudsman contacted USCIS on 02/20/2015.

Ombudsman sent a follow up to USCIS on 03/18/2015.

I-485 approved on 03/31/2015 ( we ordered your card).

Welcome notice was mailed on 04/01/2015.

Received Welcome Notice on 04/08/2015.

Card was mailed to me/picked up by USPS on 04/08/2015.

Received GC on 4/10/2015.

Prediction 04/08/2015

Timeline

Sorry to hijack in, but what email do you use to request the MNL# and what info do you provide along with the email?

Info is in my link, follow the flashing arrow, details for the NVC email are there.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

According to the I-129F instructions, you must inform the USCIS of your new address. Check out page 8 of the instructions.

Timeline

Info is in my link, follow the flashing arrow, details for the NVC email are there.

Ok awesome, thank you. What receipt number do I use to track the mailing. I selected K1, Manila Embassy, but neither my USCIS or MNL# work.

event.png

Timeline

Ok awesome, thank you. What receipt number do I use to track the mailing. I selected K1, Manila Embassy, but neither my USCIS or MNL# work.

Are you asking for tracking the petition file being send to USEM on the CEAC website? You will use the MNL #, after the file has shipped to Manila it will show info.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Are you asking for tracking the petition file being send to USEM on the CEAC website? You will use the MNL #, after the file has shipped to Manila it will show info.

Firstly, I did as you recommended and emailed NVCresearch for a email confirmation of the MNL. Then I clicked this link https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx but using both USCIS and MNL, nothing appears. Per your previous post, I understand, nothing will show until it's mailed. Correct?

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.