Jenni Jones

Classification Sought

48 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there

Am new to posting on this forum, but I have been following one thread as a non member as my Fiance and I are having exactly the same problem

Twice we have had our K1 visa application returned with the wording Classification Sought

No one seems to know what this means, including USCIS. My Fiance rang them after our application had been rejected the first time and the girl he spoke to said she had no idea what it meant. He went through the forms with her line by line and apart from one little tick box that he'd missed he was told everything was fine

He submitted it again, only to have it returned with exactly the same message

Being apart is killing us. We just want to get married and start our lives together properly

I have thought about flying back to New York to just get married, then return and apply through the spouse route, rather than fiance route, but i have no more holiday allocation now until September. My Fiance can't come to England to visit as he is a carer for his former Mother In Law.

The stress of not knowing how to sought this problem is starting to turn me into an emotional wreck, my fiance is struggling too.

Can anyone help? Or give some advice?

I'm on the verge of going to my doctors to get tablets for stress over this.

How can they use this type of wording if they don't know what it means themselves??

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Hi there

Am new to posting on this forum, but I have been following one thread as a non member as my Fiance and I are having exactly the same problem

Twice we have had our K1 visa application returned with the wording Classification Sought

No one seems to know what this means, including USCIS. My Fiance rang them after our application had been rejected the first time and the girl he spoke to said she had no idea what it meant. He went through the forms with her line by line and apart from one little tick box that he'd missed he was told everything was fine

He submitted it again, only to have it returned with exactly the same message

Being apart is killing us. We just want to get married and start our lives together properly

I have thought about flying back to New York to just get married, then return and apply through the spouse route, rather than fiance route, but i have no more holiday allocation now until September. My Fiance can't come to England to visit as he is a carer for his former Mother In Law.

The stress of not knowing how to sought this problem is starting to turn me into an emotional wreck, my fiance is struggling too.

Can anyone help? Or give some advice?

I'm on the verge of going to my doctors to get tablets for stress over this.

How can they use this type of wording if they don't know what it means themselves??

Are you sure he filed a I-129F - and not a I-129 - for you?

The reason I aks is because many get confused with them - the names are close and the forms for different purpose. Normally 'classification sought' indicates that no category was indicated in the form, where 'classification' means the conditions under which and the basis upon which one is requesting a visa.

Have him check that he has sent the documentation to the correct address and the payment was correct.

Suggestion. Have him go over the document with you, so you can see what information he has entered on the form.

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Are you sure he filed a I-129F - and not a I-129 - for you?

The reason I aks is because many get confused with them - the names are close and the forms for different purpose. Normally 'classification sought' indicates that no category was indicated in the form, where 'classification' means the conditions under which and the basis upon which one is requesting a visa.

Have him check that he has sent the documentation to the correct address and the payment was correct.

Suggestion. Have him go over the document with you, so you can see what information he has entered on the form.

yup I was going to say the same thing! good.gif

Spoiler

Married December 19, 2014

I-130 Petition sent January 14, 2015
NOA1 date January 20, 2015 (NSC)

NOA2 date May 28, 2015 :dance::dance::dance:

Mailed to NVC June 4, 2015

NVC Received June 10, 2015

NVC Case Number Assigned June 23, 2015

NVC AoS Invoice via Mail June 24, 2015

NVC Selected Agent Over Phone June 30, 2015 (Unable to logon to CEAC)

NVC IV Invoice via email received July 1, 2015

NVC AoS/IV Package Mailed July 2, 2015

NVC AoS & IV Fee Paid Online (CEAC is working) July 6. 2015

NVC Document Scan Date July 6, 2015

NCV AoS & IV Fee marked as paid in CEAC July, 7 2015

NVC DS 260 Completed July 8, 2015

NVC CC July 30, 2015 (24 days after scan date, about 2 months post NOA2)

Interview Scheduled on August 26, 2015

Interview P4 Email Received August 27, 2015

Medical in Islamabad September 2, 2015

Interview Date September 22, 2015 CANCELLED (Embassy is Over scheduled) :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Interview Scheduled on September 10, 2015

Interview Date October 14, 2015 APPROVED

Visa Issued October 16, 2015, 9 months start to finish

POE JFK October 26, 2015

GC in Hand Jan 8, 2016

RoC I-751 NOA1 August 31, 2017 (Vermont Service Center)

Biometrics October 2, 2017

I551 Stamp in Passport August 2, 2018

18 Month Extension Letter August 3, 2018

Applied for Naturalization N-400 Online July 30, 2018

Biometrics August 23, 2018

10 year GC is in production September 17, 2018

Timeline

We definitely sent the correct payment. I will get him to check which form he used when he gets home from work. Sucks having a 5hr time difference.

I've seen other people say that if you've put K1 visa on the G325A under This form is submitted with, and i know it should be I-129F, and we have definitely put that

The fact that he's been through the forms line by line with the people at USCIS indicates to me that he has used the correct form, but I will double check with him.

Sorry about my spelling mistakes and the disjointed typing. I am so stressed its unbelieveable

Timeline

Have had a quick look at form I-129. I'm almost 100% certain he didn't send that form cos there is nothing on there to ask about my children, and he specifically asked me for that information.

Timeline

Have had a quick look at form I-129. I'm almost 100% certain he didn't send that form cos there is nothing on there to ask about my children, and he specifically asked me for that information.

Here is another suggestion. He can call the USCIS and schedule a INFOPASS appointment during which he can speak with a USCIS officer face-to-face. It might be the easiest way to find out what the issue with the application is and he should not have any trouble finding an office in the city.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

Thanks for the advice. He doesn't actually live in New York city, he's nearer the borders of Canada. So driving to New York City would take him 6 hrs approx

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline

Did you do a research on the search on VJ- Somebody had the same problem.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428803-classification-sought/#entry6210513

I didn't read all but in this case it seems me that it was related to the G-325:

'On your Form G-325A. What was your response to the following?
"This form is submitted in connection with an application for:"''

it's I-129F not K1

Thanks for the advice. He doesn't actually live in New York city, he's nearer the borders of Canada. So driving to New York City would take him 6 hrs approx

There are USCIS offices all around, not just in NYC.

Is he sending the petition to the right place? What did he put on the G-325A for the reason you are sending it?

MIDUVIL - I think you put the wrong link, you linked to this person.

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Timeline

There are USCIS offices all over the place, so chances are there is one in a city near him. Suggest that he look in neighboring states as well, if he is close to state lines.

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=offices.type&OfficeLocator.office_type=LO

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/428803-classification-sought/#entry6210513

I didn't read all but in this case it seems me that it was related to the G-325:

it's I-129F not K1

i've heard this too, and we checked that the first time it had been returned. We have definitely put I-129F

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

it's I-129F not K1

^ This

USCIS / VSC
3/08/2013: Sent I-129F to Dallas Lockbox
3/12/2013: NOA1 Issued
3/15/2013: NOA1 Received (VCS)

7/10/2013: Transferred to TCS

7/25/2013: RFE

7/31/2013: RFE Response Received
8/07/2013: NOA2

NVC

8/16/2013: Sent to NVC
8/21/2013: NVC received
8/26/2013: Case number

US Consulate Guangzhou

8/28/2013: P3
9/14/2013: P3 Sent
9/16/2013: P3 received by GUZ

9/24/2013: P4 received via email

10/22/2013: Interview - Approved

10/24/2013: Visa Issued

10/30/2013: Passport available for pickup.

USCIS California

6/17/2016 I-751 Sent

Timeline

Ok, he's on the phone to them now...93 minute wait to talk to someone higher up. The problem is with the I-129F, but we don't know what exactly the problem is yet. Apparently it stated which form classifaction was sought from

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.